• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Revolution DI

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi

Anyone have one of these? I'm usually not one to want proprietary parts but given the nature of the AR10 not being standardized, someone developing an AR15 chambered in 308 to alleviate the issues of the AR10 (mainly weight IMO) is extremely appealing. The thought of a sub-MOA 16" semi 308 that with scope, can, and bipod is teetering on 10-12lbs has me really wanting one. Currently in too much debt to worry with it but the price isn't bad IMHO i was looking at $2100 building my own M5 years ago with premium parts. I'm just curious to see how owners like these.

Given POF's CS I cannot think of a reason to get this over an F4 Defense SF10 which is the same small frame approach but done a bit better.

You can also build or buy rifles close to this weight from V7 or 2A Armament using the DPMS Gen 1 standard.

I have one and the weight makes it very handy. I tried 185gr Jugs and 118LR through it and gotten 1-1.5MOA but plan to try different ammo. 8" circle at 450 yards is fairly easy in supported position with not crazy wind conditions.

Anyone have one of these? I'm usually not one to want proprietary parts but given the nature of the AR10 not being standardized, someone developing an AR15 chambered in 308 to alleviate the issues of the AR10 (mainly weight IMO) is extremely appealing. The thought of a sub-MOA 16" semi 308 that with scope, can, and bipod is teetering on 10-12lbs has me really wanting one. Currently in too much debt to worry with it but the price isn't bad IMHO i was looking at $2100 building my own M5 years ago with premium parts. I'm just curious to see how owners like these.

I bought a revolution di this year in .308. I actually meant to buy the pof usa rogue lol but i'm kind of new to guns and didn't know what I was doing. I currently have a 1x6 primary arms on the revolution. I have only shot it at 100 yards but i'm researching places to go further out.

I'm such a new shooter that = I can say that I am not getting the most out of this rifle, but I'm still learning and growing. that's the point right? I'm looking at scopes now for the POF Revolution DI.

I knew Frank DeSomma personally. Wish he was still around, but he died in a Jeep accident earlier this year (June 18, 2020).

I remember the debut of the Revolution at SHOT several years ago and how he said he wanted to do long ago, but was afraid to. Then he got a wild hair and just pressed forward with it.

It’s a small frame .308 Win, using the same upper receiver as his 5.56 guns. Bolt carrier, handguard, and most of the parts are the same. The lower, bolt, barrel, firing pin, and a few other parts are different. He moved the FCG back about .625” to allow room for a 7.62 NATO magazine mag well.

Bolt is AerMet. It’s the size of an AR-15 bolt on the outside, with less lugs so he could fit a wide 7.62 extractor that wouldn’t rip the extractor lip off.

iu

They had a lot of video shooting full auto Wolf Steel case .308 through it.

Not enough feedback on the rifles so far. It’s smaller than a DPMS GII or any of the copies/imitations of what DPMS did. A GII feels really large compared to the Revolution if you hold them both, because the Revolution is basically an AR-15 with a 7.62 NATO mag well and special alloy bolt, with smaller diameter barrel extension like an AR-15 so the barrels don’t have the massive shank like on an SR-25/AR-10/LR-308 and imitators.

Reactions: Cleveland-Matrix
    I have one and the weight makes it very handy. I tried 185gr Jugs and 118LR through it and gotten 1-1.5MOA but plan to try different ammo. 8" circle at 450 yards is fairly easy in supported position with not crazy wind conditions.

I like the concept, how shootable are they compared to say a normal large frame 308 gas gun, I am curious how recoil feels being a pound or two lighter that a traditional 308 gas gun? Thats not necessary a deal killer, but something I am curious about. Sort of like the Q fix is a great hunting rifle but not really fun to shoot long strings of fire with

I've had mine since, off the top of my head, April or May and have put about 2500 rounds through it so far. With good ammunition it's sub-MOA at 100 yards. I stumbled upon a box of Federal Gold Match 168gr. and it drilled 5 rounds through two holes basically. I would have shot the whole box but well, you know, ammo shortage. It just felt wrong.

With that said I scored a ton of PMC Bronze a while back and except for one "rogue" box of 20 rounds, it's all shot exceptionally well for such low-priced non-match ammo. The POF has never failed to feed or fire unless I did something stupid like ride the charging handle.

As far as how soft it shoots, I can't compare it to a large frame gun. Was supposed to go out with a new acquaintance about a month ago who had several large frame AR10's but COVID got him. I will say this...I've run some heavier rounds with warmish loads in the AR15, and pre-muzzle brake, they were similar in feel. I've since tuned the AR15 a bit more and it just stays on target now. The POF in comparison, is definitely a bit more difficult to shoot well and I had to come to an understanding with the mechanics of firing it. But I can stay on target decently as an average shooter and it's not savage by any means save for the blast from the muzzle brake. I enjoy shooting it more than anything else I own. The cost of ammo though. I really have to control myself at the range. So I guess I don't feel it's tiring to shoot for a few hours other than the noise from the muzzle brake. I typically double up with in-ear and over-ear protection.

Most of the ammo I've shot has been between 147 and 180 grains. I've not gone lighter with say a 110 or 125gr. round nor super-heavy bullets. Seems to take to that range of bullet weights well. I did have a box of Winchester ammo which was all over the target but that ammo was absolute shite to put it bluntly.

It's nice to have a 308 AR with a big scope mounted that comes in at the same weight as a naked large frame. The overall handling feel is about the same, overall, as my AR15 which is more than a pound lighter. I have numerous old injuries, particularly in my arms and shoulders and I typically "feel" weight more with extended use of anything these days. I won't say they're exactly the same as there is a bit more heft and the larger scope isn't as quick as the 1-8x on my AR. But it's generally not a burden or something I contemplate while shooting.

The only downside is yes, much of it is proprietary. There's no real way to significantly lighten it any further with aftermarket parts and retain the engineering which makes it a POF. And a replacement BCG is costly. With that said, I have zero regrets or gun envy for anything else. If I were purchasing today, it'd be another POF as I don't think I'd get along with any other AR10. Once the silencer exits time out, it'll be, IMO, the perfect rifle as long as someone else carries all the ammo.

• Love
    I've had mine since, off the top of my head, April or May and have put about 2500 rounds through it so far. With good ammunition it's sub-MOA at 100 yards. I stumbled upon a box of Federal Gold Match 168gr. and it drilled 5 rounds through two holes basically. I would have shot the whole box but well, you know, ammo shortage. It just felt wrong.

With that said I scored a ton of PMC Bronze a while back and except for one "rogue" box of 20 rounds, it's all shot exceptionally well for such low-priced non-match ammo. The POF has never failed to feed or fire unless I did something stupid like ride the charging handle.

As far as how soft it shoots, I can't compare it to a large frame gun. Was supposed to go out with a new acquaintance about a month ago who had several large frame AR10's but COVID got him. I will say this...I've run some heavier rounds with warmish loads in the AR15, and pre-muzzle brake, they were similar in feel. I've since tuned the AR15 a bit more and it just stays on target now. The POF in comparison, is definitely a bit more difficult to shoot well and I had to come to an understanding with the mechanics of firing it. But I can stay on target decently as an average shooter and it's not savage by any means save for the blast from the muzzle brake. I enjoy shooting it more than anything else I own. The cost of ammo though. I really have to control myself at the range. So I guess I don't feel it's tiring to shoot for a few hours other than the noise from the muzzle brake. I typically double up with in-ear and over-ear protection.

Most of the ammo I've shot has been between 147 and 180 grains. I've not gone lighter with say a 110 or 125gr. round nor super-heavy bullets. Seems to take to that range of bullet weights well. I did have a box of Winchester ammo which was all over the target but that ammo was absolute shite to put it bluntly.

It's nice to have a 308 AR with a big scope mounted that comes in at the same weight as a naked large frame. The overall handling feel is about the same, overall, as my AR15 which is more than a pound lighter. I have numerous old injuries, particularly in my arms and shoulders and I typically "feel" weight more with extended use of anything these days. I won't say they're exactly the same as there is a bit more heft and the larger scope isn't as quick as the 1-8x on my AR. But it's generally not a burden or something I contemplate while shooting.

The only downside is yes, much of it is proprietary. There's no real way to significantly lighten it any further with aftermarket parts and retain the engineering which makes it a POF. And a replacement BCG is costly. With that said, I have zero regrets or gun envy for anything else. If I were purchasing today, it'd be another POF as I don't think I'd get along with any other AR10. Once the silencer exits time out, it'll be, IMO, the perfect rifle as long as someone else carries all the ammo.

Good info, From a practical standpoint, I think i like the idea the revolution DI more so than my Scar for a lightweight 308 as DI AR's just handle supressors so much better, having endless ability to tailor the gun to your needs.

Definitely would like to check one out and shoot it next to my ACC. I think POF has a winner on its hands

I was out at the range on Sunday and there was a guy with a Scar. Hoping he shows up again, same time as me, I may ask to swap guns for a few rounds if he's game. I feel like his, with a flash hider, was as loud as mine but muzzle brakes are never as loud for the shooter as they are for the guy in the next booth over, LOL.

I went with an OSS HX-QD 762Ti suppressor as the flow through design should negate or really minimize any need to tune the gas. And it's only two ounces heavier than the TBAC and is 100% repeatable in terms of the POI shift mounting/unmounting.

I'd link you to the Youtube video that ultimately sold me but YouTube appears to be down for the count at the moment. Once it's back up, look for the review by Alabama Arsenal.

Edit. Guess it's a browser issue. Here's the video:

Last edited:
    Forgot to mention ergonomics. I REALLY like the POF Gen4 lower. So much so I've been searching in vein for one to use on my AR15 build. Ultimately I went with the American Defense Manufacturing ambient lower and I looked hard at the Radian. The fit/finish on the POF lower is leagues ahead of the ADM but both function perfectly. Still, given my choice, I'd go with the POF lower. It just exudes quality. I do like the ADM's lower tension adjuster a bit better.

I was out at the range on Sunday and there was a guy with a Scar. Hoping he shows up again, same time as me, I may ask to swap guns for a few rounds if he's game. I feel like his, with a flash hider, was as loud as mine but muzzle brakes are never as loud for the shooter as they are for the guy in the next booth over, LOL.

I went with an OSS HX-QD 762Ti suppressor as the flow through design should negate or really minimize any need to tune the gas. And it's only two ounces heavier than the TBAC and is 100% repeatable in terms of the POI shift mounting/unmounting.

I'd link you to the Youtube video that ultimately sold me but YouTube appears to be down for the count at the moment. Once it's back up, look for the review by Alabama Arsenal.

Edit. Guess it's a browser issue. Here's the video:

Nice,

The Scar is odd man... its kind of hard to explain, when shoot back to back against my ACC with FH, The Scar has an awkward recoil impulse even with its stock brake. I find myself laughing and asking myself, why do you recoil like this...