• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF rifles(pics)

Shooter McGavin

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 22, 2009
    Some where in the US
    POF 415
    IMG_0003-3.jpg

POF 308
    IMG_0005-4.jpg

Both
    IMG_0009-2.jpg

After getting my Bushmaster AR15A2 I decided to change the stocks and grips on my POF rifles.

Re: POF rifles(pics)

How dare you put those fine rifles in the CORNER!!! Shame...SHAME ON YOU!!!
    wink.gif

All joking aside...nice looking rifles. Now get them out of the house for some fun!

How does the 308 shoot...i had some trouble with mine, sold it and now I hear mostly good things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ClintB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the 308 shoot...i had some trouble with mine, sold it and now I hear mostly good things.
    </div></div>

When I first got it I had to send it back twice. Now it shoots with no problems. It's a great rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Operator1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifles. I am thinking of going to a PRS on my .308 and I have gone to a sopmod on my .223 </div></div>

I thought about going with the PRS. However, I purchased a Bushmaster AR15A2 about two weeks ago and I really like the A2 style stock. Started looking up info on SR25 and the M110; I decided that I like the way they look and I went that route. I never really thought about going with the sopmod because the Vtlor stock that came with it was to similar.

I'm trying to decide if I should get one of the new HSR POF rifles or look for the older rail model. Any suggestions?

I peronally like the older predator rails better than then new ones with the top rail removed. However the advantage is you can run a larger objective scope at a lower overall hight the the new style rail. I guess it just depends on what you plan to do with it.

I have a new POF on order from AVGuns.com, with the HSR rail. The POF in my signature has the predator rail system. I'm curious as to how I will like the new hunter/sniper rail system. When it arrives (Tuesday), I will post photos in this thread for all to see up close and personal.

I like the A2 stocks on your POFs. Your scopes seem mounted pretty far foward for that fixed stock? I have the UBR on mine
    pofelk004-1.jpg

I just put that on there for more show, than anything else. That scope is for a .260 build I am having done. I want to put 2.5-10x42 IOR on it.

Jamie

I just Picked her up today for $2300. I hope i did alright on the price. Super stoked to get some optics on it and sight it in. By the way, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic... I was at work and didnt have a camera.

POF308-1.jpg

I love the HSR. Much better than the MRR/Predator for my use (practical precision, not doorkicking/carbine stuff).

My 6.5CM:
    pofhunterrail003.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very slick, Carsonc. Is the rifle preowned or new? </div></div>

New right off the showroom floor. I spoiled myself with this one.. Normally im kindof cheap

You got a good deal for $2300. They are retailing for $2500-$3400 now, depending on installed options.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: carsonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just Picked her up today for $2300. I hope i did alright on the price. Super stoked to get some optics on it and sight it in. By the way, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic... I was at work and didnt have a camera.

POF308-1.jpg
    </div></div>
    Very nice and a great price too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine.

1fa2xl.jpg
    </div></div>

That is sweet. I definitely think i need to swap to a PRS stock.

Here is mine currently with troys. Before you say why are you running irons on a 20". Im in the process of finding a new job after I was let go so that I can finish it off with an NXS F1. Priorities
    frown.gif

Going to the range either tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll see what I can do with irons at 100 with 168 FGMMs.

hpim2358.jpg

hpim2359.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine.

1fa2xl.jpg
    </div></div>

I wasn't able to get the NF unimount onto my POF rifles. Looks good.

Man those are some sick rifles! Keep the pics comming!

n5mus6.jpg

Heres my contribution.

20 inch barrel.
    3.5x10 Mk4 Leupold.
    AD-Recon scope mount.
    Vltor modpod.
    PRS 308 stock.
    CAA G27 grip.
    Magpul rear flip up.
    Magpul 308 magazine........... yes I know I know the magazine has been CA neutered. So its a ten rounder with the appearance of a twenty.

Still debating on what to swap out the front sight with.

And its a blast to shoot!

2mopnhu.jpg

heres another older pic with its 5.56mm brother.

My new P-308 with the HSR should arrive today and I'll post pics. These are photos of the older rifle.
    7304.jpg

7303.jpg

17566415712772504961492.jpg

Here's a photo of the new P-308 with the hunter/sniper rail that I received yesterday. I purchased it from Felix at <span style="font-weight: bold">AVGunshop.com</span> in Sarasota, Florida. He made the transaction as easy as could be and was willing to work with me however I needed. If you're looking for a POF rifle, give Felix a call.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Options installed:</span>

Magpul PRS
    Magpul 20rd Pmag
    Geissele SSA trigger
    PWS FSC30 compensator/brake
    American Defense AD-Recon QD mount
    NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50mm zero stop/NP-R2

<span style="font-weight: bold">Options on order:</span>

Accu-Shot BT12 monopod
    Tactical grip w/palm shelf
    Accu-Shot Atlas V8 bipod w/QD

p1000313h.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How dare you put those fine rifles in the CORNER!!! Shame...SHAME ON YOU!!!
    wink.gif

All joking aside...nice looking rifles. Now get them out of the house for some fun! </div></div>now now ! a miss wording happen here ! what the hell did them weapons do to you ,for punishment in the corner for doing what ? puking/spotting on the rug ?maybe misfiring ? what crime was done by them???damn nice weapons!!! -....the rest joking

Here you go this was the best group of the day with irons at 100 yards. 10 shots almost 1.75 on the dot shot from the bench. I cant wait to see what I can do with glass!

The little one is a flyer from hell from my 17HMR LOL

Here is a 20 round mag dump for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbEkzCW1UgA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the HSR. Much better than the MRR/Predator for my use (practical precision, not doorkicking/carbine stuff).

My 6.5CM:
    pofhunterrail003.jpg

</div></div>

So did you get that barrel custom from rock creek or did you have POF / Frank build you a custom rifle?

I'd post some pics,,,, but,,, mine is back to POF. I'll wait to see how good they do on the fix before I say too much. I'm trusting that they'll make it right, and then we'll be ok. This is my 4th POF and I'm not at all happy with how this one came out the box. It's back to them with my rings and NF scope so I'm giving them their one chance before I get upset. We're all human, as long as it's shooting well sub moa when it gets back then we'll be ok.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FirefighterEd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd post some pics,,,, but,,, mine is back to POF. I'll wait to see how good they do on the fix before I say too much. I'm trusting that they'll make it right, and then we'll be ok. This is my 4th POF and I'm not at all happy with how this one came out the box. It's back to them with my rings and NF scope so I'm giving them their one chance before I get upset. We're all human, as long as it's shooting well sub moa when it gets back then we'll be ok. </div></div>
    I like that. It shows great patience on your part not to rip into the company and allowing them to make it right. Too often it is the other way around that someone just rips away before they even gave the company a chance to make it right.

Accuracy, the bayonet lug was hitting the hand guard and it was shooting 5 moa groups, I ground that off and it was still shooting 1.2 to 2.4moa. Sent it back. They've recrowned and throated the barrel. It's on a brown plane east bound now. I'll know thursday how it shoots. Rob told me it's shooting .5 to .75 moa now. If I get that I'll be very happy. We're all human and make mistakes, they seem to have fixed it in a timely fashion and that'll be ok. I'll post later in week with how it shoots once it's home.

Looks perfect for hog killing!!!
    If you ever get up to Austin drop me a line if you want to go kill some pigs.

Here is my new setup; finally complete. Well, short of having a suppressor, and I hope to purchase a Thunderbeast Arms 30P-1 later this year. My first long-range precision class will be held this Sunday at the U.S. Shooting Academy in Tulsa, OK and needless to say, I'm very much looking forward to it.

I have yet to get any range time to get the scope dialed in but I'll have time to do that this weekend and I will post my results in this topic.

p1000343n.jpg

p1000345l.jpg

p1000347i.jpg

p1000351y.jpg

p1000355t.jpg

p1000364ce.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARbowhunter7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifle. That's just enough tan (or silver, can't tell). Have you decided on a suppressor for it?</div></div>

Thanks! The coating is NP3 which, I guess, is a silver-matte.

The <span style="font-weight: bold">Thunderbeast Arms 30P-1</span> is what I have my eye on, and it came recommended by Lowlight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARbowhunter7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifle. That's just enough tan (or silver, can't tell). Have you decided on a suppressor for it?</div></div>

The <span style="font-weight: bold">Thunderbeast Arms 30P-1</span> is what I have my eye on, and it came recommended by Lowlight. </div></div>

Those things are supposed to be badass. It'll look killer when you get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARbowhunter7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifle. That's just enough tan (or silver, can't tell). Have you decided on a suppressor for it?</div></div>

The <span style="font-weight: bold">Thunderbeast Arms 30P-1</span> is what I have my eye on, and it came recommended by Lowlight. </div></div>

I've got a question for you guys with the Giessele triggers.....I thought they recommend using their supplied trigger pins only,and not using the KNS pins ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a question for you guys with the Giessele triggers.....I thought they recommend using their supplied trigger pins only,and not using the KNS pins ? </div></div>

I couldn't comment on using the Geissele pins. When I ordered my rifle from Felix at AVGunshop.com, the trigger was already installed. I have yet to fire any rounds through it but I've been doing dry-fire exercises and the trigger works like a charm. This is my first custom trigger and I am blown away, however, I'm wanting to swap it out for the Geissele SSA-E when I can find one in stock somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a question for you guys with the Giessele triggers.....I thought they recommend using their supplied trigger pins only,and not using the KNS pins ? </div></div>

I couldn't comment on using the Geissele pins. When I ordered my rifle from Felix at AVGunshop.com, the trigger was already installed. I have yet to fire any rounds through it but I've been doing dry-fire exercises and the trigger works like a charm. This is my first custom trigger and I am blown away, however, I'm wanting to swap it out for the Geissele SSA-E when I can find one in stock somewhere. </div></div>

I almost used them in mine,but it is also the high speed match,according to the owner,in that trigger,don't use them but if you already have,it stretches some spring and you can't go back to the Giessele pins.Also,make sure to use the .155 and not the .154 dia pins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ldman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like the monopod?</div></div>

The monopod works great for benchrest shooting but for other surfaces, the rifle is better suited for a bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    So did you get that barrel custom from rock creek or did you have POF / Frank build you a custom rifle? </div></div>

Sorry, didn't see the wuestion earlier.

POF did four 6.5 Creedmoors in 09. They were done from Rock Creek cut rifled blanks (the production POF's are button rifled Rock Creek 5r's). Mine was Frank's.

Last year Scottmilk9 did a group buy on 6.5CM's when he was still with POF. Amazingly enough, there was a very limited interest. After that experience Frank isn't interested in doing 6.5CM's any more. Its a shame, mine kicks ass.

Back to the barrels, POF gets the barrels as rifled blanks from Rock Creek and does their own contouring, fluting, machining, heat treating, etc so no, you can't just get one from them.

Unless you had a smith redo a barrel with the gas system from a POF, the only ones out there are already out there.

Back to pics:
    kneelingstairsb041611.jpg