• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors POI Shift with Obsidian 45 & 300AAC BO

240nmc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2013
North Carolina
Last evening I missed a large boar at 90 yards. It’s a shot I’ve made 5 times in the last few weeks taking pigs. What is different, is I switch ammo and used my Obsidian 45 suppressor. I had a good zero from my last range session earlier in the week. Today I tested my zero and what I got was a first shot 4 inches low. Shots 2, 3 and 4 were a tad high with each successive shot climbing a little bit. On my second target and corrected down one MOA and it grouped ok. First target is a MR63 Repair Center and the second is a NRA Smallbore 100yd so X ring sizes are different. (Shots at 100 Yds and minute of pig.)

Equipment:
Diamond Back AR in 300BO, REAP IR 60MM MKII, Ammo Gorilla Subsonic 220g MKs, ObsidIan 45 with a 9mm end cap.

My question is should I have that big a difference in initial POI between first shot and a second one? It is a pistol suppressor but rated for 300BO subsonic. I have a 7.62 Dead Air Nomad waiting but thought I’d try the Obsidian. I wa stood the pistol suppressors are not as accurate as rifle cans but this was an eye opener.

Thanks as always for the feedback.

358E702A-3697-4835-9231-D2C9A92FD410.jpeg

0AE11C3F-F49A-48AC-AC08-A1ACE65508B9.jpeg

With the direct thread mount, there is no piston installled. I spoke to Rrigged Suppressors and they confirmed that my setup was correct. They asked for my photos and said they will review and get back to me. They also said hat a fixed barrel spacer is not required either. I’m waiting to see what feedback they have.