• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Point me in the direction of a good tax attorney..

Saito

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
1537 Paper St.
Any recommendations as far as tax attys go? I could use one right meow and since I have no real friends, I figured I'd ask you guys? LOL Help a brother out! I've seen all of the ads on FOX and I'll go that route if I don't get any answers here.

smile.gif

Re: Point me in the direction of a good tax attorney..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could use one right meow </div></div>

Ain't auto-correct a bitch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could use one right meow </div></div>

Ain't auto-correct a bitch? </div></div>

Retired old fart WOs probably aren't familiar with Super Troopers....LOL. Anyhow, my tax lady is an accountant and she's the one that f'd one of my returns a couple years ago. If anyone here has first hand experience with a good tax law firm, I would really appreciate a referral.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could use one right meow </div></div>

Ain't auto-correct a bitch? </div></div>

Retired old fart WOs probably aren't familiar with Super Troopers....LOL. Anyhow, my tax lady is an accountant and she's the one that f'd one of my returns a couple years ago. If anyone here has first hand experience with a good tax law firm, I would really appreciate a referral. </div></div>

If she is a decent accountant she should be teamed up with a tax attorney unless you are considering holding her accountable. The best solution is get a local tax attorney with a good rep. He can then be more hands on and deal with you local/regional I.R.S. office with you.

I had the same thing happen to me about 12 years ago. I wouldn't go with anyone but a local tax attorney. Never go with those national advertised on t.v./radio firms. They are designed to screw you when you are already in a pinch.

What Shank said. Stay local but hire a good one. If you had it prepared for you it should provide you with at least some cover.

Of course, this IS the IRS we're talking about.

Thanks guys, I'll stay local then. Not sure if I want to hold my tax lady accountable but she did kinda screw me over. It'll be nice to have this mess over with. The IRS can suck my ballz. I paid them everything I owed them when they said I owed it to them. Then they came back and wanted more. Started in 2009, sucks to be an R and white these days....

Look, she is allegedly a professional and you contracted her to do a job. She effed it up. As I understand it you would be liable for the back taxes (makes sense) and she should have to cover any penalties and interest.

Would not be too concerned the IRS will settle for less. If your havent already you need a compeitient professional to find out what she screwed up, and see if a series of refilings can fix it. I work with a firm that has some exceptional talent pm me if you want there info.

I am workigng a similiar solution for a client now.

Rembember the guys at the IRS got a C and that was the only place they could get a job...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look, she is allegedly a professional and you contracted her to do a job. She effed it up. As I understand it you would be liable for the back taxes (makes sense) and she should have to cover any penalties and interest.</div></div>

Couple of things with that they have that disclaimer that based upon the informaiton provided.

Doubt that she carries Errors and Omissions insurance.

That comment about the IRS is funny and true. LOL I actually talked to them earlier this year and I was a total dick(have no reason to be nice). I think the dude on the other end of the line probably went home and cried that night, cuz his life sucks. He was a new guy(the IRS doubled their workforce in 2009) and I got alot of info out of him when he was supposed to be getting it from me. I felt pretty good about the whole deal
smile.gif
Anyhow, thanks for the offer but I'm going to stay local(either WY or SD).

My "tax attorney" actually does all of my filings. I'd give you his info but you would need to be from my state. If you are, I could make a call.