• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Police drones may be over your next BBQ

Yeah that post was joking. I know our local guy well. They fly them here now when they used to use an airplane.
I figured you were. My point with addressing some of this in here is not to be argumentative but to inform the members and others on the internet who may stumble across it and get ideas that would end up being a very bad chapter in their life.

Reactions: ggmanning
Game wardens are already beginning to employ drones across the US. They know enough to keep them high where you can’t see them most times, they don’t disturb game and cannot be hit. But they can observe you and record evidence. This is the reality of the world we live in now.
Which leads to an interesting question, at least here in Texas where a GW can no longer indiscriminately go on private property.

Does that mean they can fly a drone over private property? Do they have to maintain site of the drone?

Which leads to an interesting question, at least here in Texas where a GW can no longer indiscriminately go on private property.

Does that mean they can fly a drone over private property? Do they have to maintain site of the drone?
It comes down to who owns the airspace. Some first responder UAV teams I work with believe that all airspace is under federal control and technically they are correct since they classify it for use and restrictions. Homeowners want to believe that they have 300’ above the ground as their property and this gets into a real gray zone because of the coming 3D space with Amazon delivery in urban areas, UAM vehicles, etc. whatever property rights a landowner thinks they have will be clarified in short order at the outcome of an event.

It’s known (or should be) by everyone that we own no real property, even if it is paid for (no mortgage), but if we don’t pay the annual taxes it gets taken or at least a lien is put on it. It may be best to consider that we don’t own airspace as citizens, the government does, same as the land we live on.

If there is a crime or suspicion of a crime on private property there should be no expectation these days of air privacy. It simply doesn’t exist any longer. Especially with drones that can fly over the mythical 300’ and still get eyes on in amazing detail.

I am not clear on whether GW needs to maintain LOS with the drones. I’ll ask some of my buds and see if they know. When it comes to GW I assume they would be able to if they have the certain and waivers.

This episode of X - Files was creepier than any of the Black Mirrors IMO.

I thought it was pretty damn good & done in 2018.

1693759665973.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/det...7-be02f01ada6b?autoplay=0&ref_=atv_cf_strg_wb

Yep.

Great article and very informative.

The question that I had in mind on this entire subject is what is the intent of the person or organization operating the manned or unmanned aircraft? That article does answer the question.

I also hate to admit it but I agree with Justice Sotomayor. You don't know how much I really, really do hate to admit that I agree with that bitch.

A police UAV hovering over the town square is not violation of the 4th amendment because the people below do not have an expectation of privacy.

That same UAV hovering over an outdoor BBQ without a warrant should trigger a 4th amendment violation because the people below do have certain expectation of privacy.

Now what about a hunter, fisherman or other outdoor enthusiast on his or her own property if they are several hundreds of yards or miles away from any domicile? If I am on a hike own my own property, there is also a certain expectation of privacy.

Yet change the location to public property then the expectation of privacy doesn't exist.

Also keep in mind that most states have laws against harassing a hunter or angler in the process of pursuing game or fishing. A UAV flying over my head in a tree stand, in my mind, constitutes harassing; whether on public or private property.

Police hover at my grill because I am awesome at smoking a brisket. Keep it simple.

Use the right spices and rub it on the brisket and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking.

Use a traditional style barrel charcoal grill with a side firebox. Start with coals. Put the hot coals in the side firebox and start adding chunks of mesquite. Add an aluminum small pan with water for some moisture in the main chamber. 10 lbs can smoke fine in about 5 hours. 14 lbs should smoke at least 12 hours.

In a comment stream somewhere else, I had mentioned that my smoked brisket could tempt the faith of a vegan. That pissed off a vegan.

He felt it was not a faith. Well, as for religion, Man has dominion over the animals. Often people would sacrifice animals to God.

Evolution? Okay, well, a number of creatures eat odd things regardless of dentation. And if all we are is a bag of chemicals, then who are we hurting by eating animals. Other animals eat us. If a vegan thinks it is a violation of ethics to eat an animal, they are then assuming a theory of mind in the animal, which is a faith, a supposition without facts in evidence.

That ended the conversation. Yes, I are an arsehole.

Reactions: Longshot231
"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime." Lavrentiy Beria, the most ruthless and longest-serving secret police chief in Joseph Stalin’s reign of terror in Russia and Eastern Europe, bragged that he could prove criminal conduct on anyone, even the innocent.

Yep.

So what I took from that 4th Link . best chances if you don't want drones flying over our property . You need to have your property bordering next to an Airport that recieves international flights, and controlled with DHS Port of Entry Reg. with closed airspace . Or boarder other controlled sensitive Airspace with restricted closed flight like Military Base, Nuke Plant, other area's of National Security.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime." Lavrentiy Beria, the most ruthless and longest-serving secret police chief in Joseph Stalin’s reign of terror in Russia and Eastern Europe, bragged that he could prove criminal conduct on anyone, even the innocent.
And sadly with the regulations and power our govt has, you even have to be Beria to abuse it. There is no more innocence. It depresses me more and more that I am living in either Brave New World or 1984 or some sick mixture of both.

It comes down to who owns the airspace. Some first responder UAV teams I work with believe that all airspace is under federal control and technically they are correct since they classify it for use and restrictions. Homeowners want to believe that they have 300’ above the ground as their property and this gets into a real gray zone because of the coming 3D space with Amazon delivery in urban areas, UAM vehicles, etc. whatever property rights a landowner thinks they have will be clarified in short order at the outcome of an event.

It’s known (or should be) by everyone that we own no real property, even if it is paid for (no mortgage), but if we don’t pay the annual taxes it gets taken or at least a lien is put on it. It may be best to consider that we don’t own airspace as citizens, the government does, same as the land we live on.

If there is a crime or suspicion of a crime on private property there should be no expectation these days of air privacy. It simply doesn’t exist any longer. Especially with drones that can fly over the mythical 300’ and still get eyes on in amazing detail.

I am not clear on whether GW needs to maintain LOS with the drones. I’ll ask some of my buds and see if they know. When it comes to GW I assume they would be able to if they have the certain and waivers.
Thanks.

In Texas, a GW in the past could go on private property without suspicion of a crime. He could just be on a fishing expedition.

A former friend became a GW and assigned to a post in S. Texas where right off the bat he went on a prestigious big ranch during hunting season and the mentally-ill loser went into the hunters sleeping quarters and rifled through their personal belongings and luggage while they were out hunting. I don't know WTF he was hoping to find, probably drugs, to make any kind of case.

The hunters and the ranch owners were livid and filed a grievance with TPWD. I was told by the ranch manager himself that GW wasn't allowed back on the property 'and better not come back!'

Having said that, can a GW or any other LEO, send a drone over property lines he himself can't cross, without cause or reasonable suspicion of a crime?

This is important and may protect people against unlawful search by drones by the 4th A.

So what I took from that 4th Link . best chances if you don't want drones flying over our property . You need to have your property bordering next to an Airport that recieves international flights, and controlled with DHS Port of Entry Reg. with closed airspace . Or boarder other controlled sensitive Airspace with restricted closed flight like Military Base, Nuke Plant, other area's of National Security.
Or a skeet shooting range. Oopsie daisy...

All airports except landing strips on private land are considered controlled airspace as well as a rather large area around them for takeoff and approach. Municipal airports included. LE and others can get almost immediate waivers in emergencies but that area will usually be shut down until the drone is landed. My inbox is hit almost daily with this stuff.

Endangering aircraft in flight. It’s the same reason drones that fly without authorization on an airport will get the pilot a long time in prison if they cause an accident and will still be charged with a felony just for lifting off the ground and no accidents occur. In this case you could be charged with interfering with LE activities/investigations.

Since you are not allowed to fly beyond Line of sight there is zero reason that you would not see the other drone. Running into it makes you responsible for the accident and any subsequent damages.
Nope. I'm drunk at a BBQ and wanted to impress Aunt Ruby with my newfangled drone and the next thing I know It knocks some other drone out of my sky. Big scary felony statute words don't trump accidents. Letter and spirit of the law and all that.

Reactions: Ronws
Nope. I'm drunk at a BBQ and wanted to impress Aunt Ruby with my newfangled drone and the next thing I know It knocks some other drone out of my sky. Big scary felony statute words don't trump accidents. Letter and spirit of the law and all that.
Honest, officer, that drone looked just like a clay pidgeon and I thought I heard someone say "pull" and my Mossie 590A1 SPX was handy.

Next time, paint it blaze orange. I won't shoot at blaze orange. I ain't Dick Cheney.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronin22
Ok Rambo. Does drunk driving lead to convictions? Do aircraft pilots get charged and or pulled out of the cockpit for being drunk? Recon there are statutes already in place about such things?

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws
How long before there is an effective anti-drone weapon that they have to outlaw like it’s a bump-fire or a pistol brace?

Ok Rambo. Does drunk driving lead to convictions? Do aircraft pilots get charged and or pulled out of the cockpit for being drunk? Recon there are statutes already in place about such things?
You seem to be the type who would proudly wear that armband while loading your fellow countrymen into trains cars..."BeCauSe IT's tHe LAW!

No dumbfuck, if my drone hits a police drone over my shit and there isn't a warrant, yo know, signed by a judge, that deputy dingleberry just fucked up an expensive piece of equipment, more than likely fired, and that department would want nothing to do with me, let alone pressing charges. Climb into reality bro. Pull the cheese popcorn out your wife beater and fuck a prostitute. Sounds like you haven't had pussy since it's had you, Bendadick Arnold.

Show me a statute, "Drunk while droning!" You are a fucking tool! BWAAHAHAHAHAHHA

• Haha
Reactions: FredHammer
You seem to be the type who would proudly wear that armband while loading your fellow countrymen into trains cars..."BeCauSe IT's tHe LAW!

No dumbfuck, if my drone hits a police drone over my shit and there isn't a warrant, yo know, signed by a judge, that deputy dingleberry just fucked up an expensive piece of equipment, more than likely fired, and that department would want nothing to do with me, let alone pressing charges. Climb into reality bro. Pull the cheese popcorn out your wife beater and fuck a prostitute. Sounds like you haviing had pussy since it's had you, glowie!
Mmmm, cheese popcorn. You now have my undivided attention.

No dumbfuck, if my drone hits a police drone over my shit and there isn't a warrant, yo know, signed by a judge, that deputy dingleberry just fucked up an expensive piece of equipment, more than likely fired, and that department would want nothing to do with me, let alone pressing charges. Climb into reality bro. Pull the cheese popcorn out your wife beater and fuck a prostitute. Sounds like you haven't had pussy since it's had you, Bendadick Arnold.

Show me a statute, "Drunk while droning!" You are a fucking tool! BWAAHAHAHAHAHHA
I just did. Look up in my previous post. Up to 6 months and/or $1000. And that doesn’t include any damages or injuries caused by crashing drones.

What else am I going to do? The dove aren’t flying and there are no drones to shoot in my pasture, so…
I could hear dove hunters yesterday morning. (Northern zone dove season opens Sept 1.) So, Labor Day Weekend opens to the comforting sound of 12 ga.

I could hear dove hunters yesterday morning. (Northern zone dove season opens Sept 1.) So, Labor Day Weekend opens to the comforting sound of 12 ga.
I almost limited out yesterday. But today, nothing low enough to even put a bead on. I may have to move my chair. All I’m doing today is watching cows shit and going through fire drills with dragonflies when they buzz by.

I almost limited out yesterday. But today, nothing low enough to even put a bead on. I may have to move my chair. All I’m doing today is watching cows shit and going through fire drills with dragonflies when they buzz by.
Hunting sunflowers? I mowed “V” shaped kill spots into a 5 acre long by 15ft deep Sunflower patch. Remington 3200 trap long balling them stoned Medusa!

Hunting sunflowers? I mowed “V” shaped kill spots into a 5 acre long by 15ft deep Sunflower patch. Remington 3200 trap long balling them stoned Medusa!
They fly over my spot so I hide between oak trees in a coastal field. They water in the stock tank so I just sit and ambush as they go back and forth. A couple I dressed last night were full of wheat, so I guess someone has already started gambling by sowing wheat early in this drought.

They fly over my spot so I hide between oak trees in a coastal field. They water in the stock tank so I just sit and ambush as they go back and forth. A couple I dressed last night were full of wheat, so I guess someone has already started gambling by sowing wheat early in this drought.
Mojos?

I can see a pasture on the far shore on Lake Travis thats on a good flight path. There's usually hunters opening day but all I saw was one truck in the 100+degree heat and heard one shot. Nobody came back all Labor Day weekend.