• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Police Sniper Instructor Course

Re: Police Sniper Instructor Course

OSI Tactical can do a custom course if its for your department or if you have enough students. References (other leo snipers) available upon request.

NC Justice Academy has one too. Not to sure how it would work with you being out of state but may be worth asking.

opata in london ohio has a 2 wk class coming up that is up to speed excellent instruction but a long 2 weeks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">opata in london ohio has a 2 wk class coming up that is up to speed excellent instruction but a long 2 weeks</div></div>Have they changed the curriculum: made it more based in fact?

i would say that is the down side of the class you spend some time every day doing book work.. and working out shot solutions. although usefull not practical from a law enforcement side. i went through it in 08 and did learn some interesting things but for a 2 wk coarse we had 5 days of terrible weather so we got cut short some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb3506</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know of any classes for police sniper instructor? </div></div>

I went through the NRA LE Precision Rifle Instructor course. It was fairly decent.

What you have to remember is that an INSTRUCTOR course already assumes that you have more than an OPERATOR skill level. It just assists in teaching you methods to relate your skills to others.

I would like to go through the NTOA course. I guess I need to put those on my list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve467</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> for a 2 wk coarse we had 5 days of terrible weather so we got cut short some. </div></div>

That actually scares me!!! So what the course said was "We don't function in bad weather so just tell the SWAT Officers your instructing to wait it out for good weather"...

Thanks but No Thanks

Kinna what I was thinking.

For our two week advanced course it was cold and rained for a week straight. It was great because it causes failures in equipment that is not up to the task and failures in people who don't have the fortitude for the job.

Rain sucks during a class because targets fall off and electronics malfunction. It should not have any bearing on putting lead on target for the shooters.

Dont they offer LE Instructor courses through Snipercraft?

I would check with National Tactical Officers Association to see who has certifications, so when you end up in court its not you holding dink in hand.

Later, only time I have seen courses cancelled was lightning in New Mexico and that will get most to find cover.