• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Police sniper rifle falls off roof. WTF

Happened in my town (closest city anyway). I stay away from public shit shows anyway so no way I was going to catch it.

Couple weeks ago another BPD left hid gun I'm his car unlocked and in plain view. You and I lose our guns for shit like this. We'll see what they get.

600px-FMJ_208.jpg

"Got some Buffalo PD sniper rifles. Never fired and only dropped once."

Umm...
Teats on a BOAR are worthless.
It's the teats on a SOW that are useful.

Damn city kids.

Offspring get their genetics from both the sire and the dame...did you even take a biology class?
So you're saying that a BOAR can identify as a SOW and then it's teats become fully functional milk bags ?

Are you (referring to your "nick") "all hat no cattle" or are you "all belt buckle no cattle" ?
It's one or the other because you're proving you don't know jack shit about how bacon seeds suckle.

edit
It looks like this.....for someone that thinks a boar identifies as feminine...

biochem_antibiotic_reduction_1.jpg

Reactions: hollowoutadime
So you're saying that a BOAR can identify as a SOW and then it's teats become fully functional milk bags ?

Are you (referring to your "nick") "all hat no cattle" or are you "all belt buckle no cattle" ?
It's one or the other because you're proving you don't know jack shit about how bacon seeds suckle.

edit
It looks like this.....for someone that thinks a boar identifies as feminine...

View attachment 8103639
We raised hogs for 5 years when I was a kid; folks made a shit load of money on pigs but the dust in the farrowing barn was killing me. So they sold them, and used the money to get big in beef cattle. By the time I left home at 18, we had around 1,300 cows, 60ish bulls...and dad got two hired men to replace me...apparently you have to give hired help time off, and not expect them to work 16 hours a day, every day. No hat, no buckle...nice try though.

Reactions: BurtG
I thought that the loudest sound in the world was someone dropping their rifle in formation.

Then I learned that the sound of @sirhrmechanic pistol dropping on the floor was louder than that.

However, I don't think there is anything more deafening than the sound of a sniper rifle dropped off a roof.

So here's my warped fantasy. I'd like to go back in time and have everyone in this forum present in Buffalo at the time of this incident, on the street below.

There isn't anything more priceless than listening to all of the colorful comments of members of this esteemed forum spreading the love and encouragement to the man on the roof.

Time machines aren't real and we can't go back to be there so I'd like to start a contest. First prize and an "Atta-Boy" goes to the person with the most imaginative comment. I'll go first.

"Hey Officer, is that rifle a police trade-in?"
24CAAE27-E109-4D62-BDF8-A5D5FDA2E55F.jpeg

This thread made me think of the Herkimer county sheriff backwards Eotech, ah... good times.

If Kyle Rittenhouse wants to change professions and move to Buffalo, the PD might have a vacancy tailor made for him to fill.

Its been alluded to a bit....

You know deep down in your bones....
.Sniper Magoo is a member here.
So.....
If I was standing on the sidewalk.

"Dont even post in the optics section tomorrow, that your Vortex held its zero through that shit."

Bonus:
"I was gonna catch it but I dont know how to properly hold a real sniper rifle."

Are the scope manufacturers going to start running drop test commercials on their products now?

Umm...
Teats on a BOAR are worthless.
It's the teats on a SOW that are useful.

Damn city kids.
Damn it! It’s worthless then teats on a BULL! Has no one paid attention.

Last edited:
Severely lacking details. Did it hold zero?

Also curious what it was? And why the knockoff tripod.

falling off a roof isn't all that bad especially if he has been drinking or was dared to jump by his 12 year old cousin after being convinced he was a super hero nope know nothing about anything like that .

Last edited:
And by way of full disclosure…

I never dropped a rifle. But in a training course on room entry, we were doing dry runs. No rounds. Just entering and going left and right (heavy side… light side.). Working on footwork and weapons handling.

I entered second, went right…. Feeling good… all squared away going “bang bang” and the instructor yelled at me “your weapon jammed, transition to pistol.”

So dropped my rifle on sling… perfect. Grab pistol super fast… perfect draw… I’m looking good! And as I bring the pistol up… it just goes whoopsie… out of my hand like a bar of soap.

Oh but it gets better. It was on a lanyard… nice coiled retention jobby. You know the type.

That’s when the whole world went into slow motion. I’m watching the pistol fly through the air in front of me. Sort of nose down as it climbed and climbed. The lanyard gracefully uncoiling like a kite string…. The pistol getting farther and farther away as it tries for orbit.

Then … boinnnnng. It reaches the end of its stretch and back it comes. Reversing course and tracing a perfect ballistic arc through the air in front of me… landing on the floor at my feet.

That was perhaps one of the loudest sounds I ever heard. Clatter clatter clatter…..

And of course everything froze. I’m standing there with every student and instructor looking at me. My pistol on the floor. With a leash. Like a small dog. Just lying there.

If I live to be 100… that moment will be printed in my cortex. Along with forgetting my Purdey at the gunsmith last fall while bird hunting…

So, I honestly feel bad for the guy (I am assuming it’s gender) in Buffalo. Really.

Then again, dropping your pistol in early stage training and having your rifle fall off a roof during an actual security op aren’t exactly comparable.

But buddy… in Buffalo… if you are actually here on SH…. I do feel bad for you!

Sirhr

PS. I never dropped a gun after that. There was additional training involved. I don’t want to talk about that.
My first thought when seeing that picture of the rifle/tripod standing tall at the roof edge was that the the shooter expected no return fire. Maybe I’m just uninitiated in the ethos of LEO operations…

Or it only appears that way to your common eye. When in fact it is a super sniper special LEO only model sniper rifle.

The captain could have went on to say exactly that, an "elite military and LE only model that can see through walls and display red and green icons above every person in the scope to indicate friendly or foe", and 90% of the dumbed down sheeple would completely lap it all up without questioning or even raising an eyebrow...

View attachment 8103636

“ Lesson 1: Reading the wind, on the roof you’re standing on.”

(so anyway, what's his forum user name?)

Who knows LOL. The ninja's name might be Banksy (urban guerilla artist who turns entire buildings into murals overnight and trolls people with shock art/sculptures). Actually Banksy is sort of a real life ninja. If it was him, he would not only have pushed the real rifle off, but left a wooden, identically painted and sized replica of it in it's place with a spray painted speech bubble on the floor next to the replica stating: "No, I am the real one. I have replaced you". 😂😂😂

• Haha