• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poll (this time with an actual poll). Dedicated Airgun Forum (yes or no)

Poll (this time with an actual poll). Dedicated Airgun Forum (yes or no)

• Yes, I would like to see this?

Votes: 51 63.0%
  • Nope, don't see the need?

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Aren't Airguns just for kids and/or communists?

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
Will this include guns made from airsoft parts? If so, I'm for segregating that crap out .....

Will this include guns made from airsoft parts? If so, I'm for segregating that crap out .....

Nope. I guess there could be some confusion but to me airsoft is a whole different animal. Same with paintball. Airguns firing lead pellets is what I'm talking about.

Air soft guns are toys in my opinion and serve no real benifits to serious shooters for training or otherwise

Air rifles that shoot pellets and can be as accurate as any rimfire rifle, yes

Note to anyone who visits this.... This is NOT an Airsoft thing. I'm afraid some people may mistake this poll as an airsoft vote.

We are not talking about AIRSOFT! That's not what this forum would be for. There is a huge difference between airsoft and air rifles

As far as the people voting "no"....just remember the airgun section would stop airgun threads from cluttering up other sections. It's not just about whether you think you need it, but do you think the forum and other members would benefit from it.

Personally NO. Not because I have anything against Air rifles but because this forum is: Snipershide For the Serious Tactical Marksman I only see an air rifle section leading to more members signing up because they think they are the uber sniznit with their air rifles stirring the pot with ridiculous questions and statements.

There are plenty of air rifle and airsoft forums already accessible to those individuals.

I have to agree with flounder on this one and that's why I voted "No."

While I have nothing against air rifles/pistols and related equipment, air rifle/pistol shooters/competitors, and the discussion of honing skills on such equipment, etc. (NOT AIRSOFT @#$% IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM)...I think that this is likely something better suited to the other forums already in existence on other areas of the web. No sense in hogging more bandwidth for more sub-forums which will only attract more members who'll spend all their time in those forums and contribute little or nothing to the overall mission and ideals of the site and its membership. Turning Sniper's Hide into another BARFCOM littered with every blithering idiot on the web and every possible sub-forum for them to gather in is the LAST thing we need...no offense whatsoever intended to the OP or supporters of an Airgun sub-forum. ;)

Also, might have been a good idea to pitch this concept/poll to LL (if you didn't) before posting this. You might have received your answer without having to post a poll.

^^ Yeah there are alot of air rifle forums out there, but what i believe what would seperate most of them from this one if gets going is the point of view from a "tactical / precision" point of view, just like our rimfire section is mostly based.

i know "SNIPERSHIDE - for the serious tactical marksman" .... this is used alot lately....and funny how there's never a protest post on the T&A threads, cigar threads, pictures of flowers threads, my dog just died and i'm sad threads, any thread that talks of motocycles, cars, or trucks, recipe threads, movie threads, tv show threads, beer threads, etc, etc, that generally have nothing to do with marksmanship.

i don't believe anyone had the intent was to include airsoft.

I came to this website / forum because I was new to shooting, and I wanted to learn from people who TAKE SHOOTING SERIOUSLY. That's what snipers hide is, people who take shooting seriously, at least that's what I think it is about.

I imagine there are many people who ask why a rim-fire section is needed.... I shoot my air rifle a lot with the intent of becoming a better shooter with other rifles.

they think they are the uber sniznit with their air rifles stirring the pot with ridiculous questions and statements.

Oh that's right, like we don't have those countersniper clowns already in the Bolt, Semi and other places???
There are plenty of rimfire, reloading, and competition forums out there yet we have them here. WTF is the problem with having a dedicated Airgun forum for those who, first and foremost, strive for precision? You don't like what you see, change the G**D*** channel!
All Airgun hunters, plinkers, Benchrest and FT guys can go to one place and share their experiences whether they shoot a $100 Wally springer or a full-blown custom $3,000 PCP.

Last edited:
A 22-caliber (or Larger) projectile, pushed down a barrel by a sudden burst of gas, capable of consistent subsonic OR supersonic velocities, and impacting a target with lethal foot-lbs of energy and sub-MOA accuracy.

Hmmm, why WOULDN'T that be appropriate for a marksman forum?

(By the way, that first line describes a center fire rifle, too. One gun uses a controlled explosion to provide the sudden push; the other uses a regulated release of compressed "air")

Yes. Anyone discounting the benefits of practicing/shooting with precision air rifles is completely ignorant to the subject.

K9-

I voted yes. Airguns have come a long way in the past years and if they help folks with their shooting mechanics (and I do know that some folks even hunt with them), I see no reason not to have a section for this topic. Just my two cents worth.

Yes for "non" airsoft air guns.

The airgun is the greatest marksmanship trainer there is and can be a precision tool in it's own right. I attribute most of my success as a shooter to practicing with airguns!

Think of how many of the SH members started out with a BB gun and out of that grew a love for shooting!

We had a 22 rimfire match at 25 and 50Y today. Even though I won I was kicking myself because I missed an opportunity to use my FX Royale instead. I would rather have finished farther down and shot the airgun, those match sticks and playing cards turned sideways at 25Y woulda got their ass kicked!

Yes; because I see (and use) air rifles as serious training aids, and they can also be useful in nuisance control. Also yes because they are NOT rimfires, and don't belong in that, or any other, forum here at The 'Hide.

Currently thinking over a .177 suppressed break action.

Greg

Went for the "yes".
Simple reason, using air rifles is what I started my children off on before they even got to the .22's. All 3 of my kids had good to great fundamentals and were not afraid of recoil because of this. I will admit that I have had my share of fun using air rifles as well

I shoot my Annie 9003 in my basement a lot. Not sure if airguns have a place on the forum or not. From a tactical standpoint, not really. From a marksmanship standpoint, hell yes.

thanks libertyman777 for figuring out how to add a poll

with a 66% yes, i sent the mod. a request to ask the upper admin, we'll see how it turns out.

You're most welcome friend. Just select the option as part of the post and it'll set up the poll at the end.

Maybe we'll get the green light.

Air rifles are a great way to stay sharp. Even airsoft can provide a good training tool. Let’s face it dry firing is not fun. I have a spring actuated airsoft handgun and the trigger sucks way more than my 92 accuracy is lackluster at best. When I practice with it then go to my 92 I can shoot much better.

Even the rifles are a good close range training tool for a quick fire course.

Airsoft,no...and I have a few thousand into my airsoft items. But for pellet rifles why not? They can help anyone with their shooting, and can be done just about any where.