• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes POLL...... Which Nightforce are you shooting?

Rhinomax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2010
Georgia
So here is my question. I have had a 3.5x15x50 NPR1 and really liked it. I sold it and bought a PST. I am selling that and going back to a NF. Do I get what I had or go with a 5.5x22x50. My buddy is trying to talk me into it. The scope is going on a larue obr 7.62 w/ an 18 inch bar. What do you think?

Which NF do you shoot and why?
And if you want tell us what gun you shoot it on.

Thx

Re: POLL...... Which Nightforce are you shooting?

What didn't you like about the PST since I'm getting ready to buy two of them ?

They are great for the price. Just not on the level of a NF.
They track well and I had no problems. Glass was big dif. I will say the PST is lighter which is a plus.

thanks

I have two rifles I want to scope and spending under $2000
isn't easy.

Using a 22x for target. maybe the 15x is better on a sbr? Depends
on your intended target distance.

I havent shot any long distances with my NF NXS 8-32x56 np-r1 reticle, but it sure is nice. I like having a lot of magnification. are you looking at the F1 beacause of FFP?

Sorry......
I am looking at 2nd FP. Should have said that.

For a .308 gas gun, something in the 3-15x range makes more sense to me than a 5.5-22x.

I just picked up 2 NF 3.5-15x50 MOAR reticles, one for a Noveske N6 w/ 18" barrel, and one for a 5.56 Larue 18" SPR build of my lady friends. They will arrive next week.

All my shooting will be on paper from 1-300 yards, and steel torso size targets at 1000 or less. Mostly 3-700 yards on steel.

i have a 3.5-15 and a 5.5-22, and i just ordered another 3.5-15.
15 power is more than enough for the 1200yd steel ive shot at with mine. 22 power is great for the magnums shooting 1000yds plus.