• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Polygraph Questions

Re: Polygraph Questions

drugs
theft
sexual activity
have you been honest on paperwork
more drugs

They should have provided you a questionaire that asks a ton of yes/no questions, so the examiner has something to go off of.

Gimme a sec...I'll take some pics of mine. (ALWAYS keep copies of all your stuff)

They will give you an extensive list of issues which are not all fun to disclose, but be honest to the best of your knowledge.
It is black and white. Either you did it or not.
There is nobody wearing a uniform who has a completely clean background.
Once you go over and discuss everything that you acknowledged as having done, they will then ask if there is anything else.
Be honest and disclose it all.
When you go over to the polygraph, they will ask a couple of baseline questions, and then go over your background. When they covered all the issues, they will ask if there is anything else. If you are LYING, it will come up, as a stress response.
If there is an issue, disclose it up front, and then you have nothing to hide. If you are caught lying, your done.
If you are not sure, disclose it.
Many things can be explained, and depending what it is, when it happened, etc, are not the end of the world, but if they think you are lying or trying to hide something, you will automatically DQ yourself.
Dont try and beat the system.
Dont try and be evasive or think your the smartest kid in class and outwit them.
They have had thousands of people before you and know all the tricks.
Good luck, and relax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is nobody wearing a uniform who has a completely clean background. </div></div>

As mine will demonstrate.
laugh.gif

P1010473.jpg

P1010474.jpg

P1010475.jpg

P1010476.jpg

Gasp. I joyrode. (if you cant read it, I wrote in "father's 4x4. took mudding")
P1010477.jpg

P1010478.jpg

And, Ive smoked pot. The horror...
P1010479.jpg

And, now you know my traffic record too.
P1010480.jpg

Not yet. I've done application pack and got all the stuff notarized, first interview and physical. I got a 2nd interview coming up along with a psych test and the poly. I've never done anything to wild in my past not really worried about it, just never took one before.

Nice shaggy. I was a little worried because I have smoked some weed before, nothing harder tho, never had the desire.

Ive been told Im open and honest to a fault. You have any questions on this kind of crap, let me know. I keep copies of everything Ive ever submitted in the hiring process at my two agencies. I'll get copies to you.

Pot is far from a disqualifier, depending on last time of use and frequency.

whatever you filled out in your 40 page packet is what will be asked.

edit: oh and dont stress out over it too much, they review the packet and your answers anyhow, they just want to make sure you tell the truth. so answer the same way you answered in the packet.

They do ask some strange questions:

Look by the purple sticky with the arrow...

P1010482.jpg

For the record, my answer was NO to that question.

Top question was deleted bc I had to use a person's name that was not my own.

I remember our prepolygraph being much longer. I did have to take the psychological twice...failed it the first time around I guess.

Our poly packet is much longer than just those pics. That was just a snippet of it to let him know the layout, question types, etc.

Observations of a polygraph process:

Subject fills out the form with lots of questions. Interviewer takes subject into room. Subject is seated in a chair with no arms that sits lower than the rolling armed chair of the Interviewer. Interviewer takes time to read the paperwork. Interviewer asks subject to tell him about the paper's answers and background, personal stuff. Appears to be trying to make the subject comfortable. Interviewer asks test yes and no questions. Interviewer asks several of the questions on the paper, then aks the same questions reworded. Interviewer leans over desk and stares at subject and asks questions. Interviewer does this for about 2 hours or so.
During this time the subject moves uncomfortably in the chair. It appears to be an uncomfortable chair. The subject appears to begin to get tired after about 45 minutes from looking up at the interviewer. The interviewer repeats several of the questions once the subject is obviously tired and repeats them rewording them. This appears to confuse the subject.

In the end, I truly think that the whole process is more about the interviewer's tactics and knowledge of the subject or the subjects answers. The interviewer also had years of experience doing this. I don't think the machine means squat but only tells when the subject is stressed or comfortable, not truth or untruth.

This was an observed interview of a Soldier who saw a local national try to remove documents from a secured area. The local national was highly trusted and 'was not the type of person to do this kind of thing'. The LN was booted most unceramouniously off base and it was insured that his activity was followed up on by those with the authority to do so outside of the wire.

From what I saw, Polygraphs kind of suck

I like the question where they asked:

"Do you get turned on by fucking animals?"
"No"
"Do you like to cut, stab, hurt yourself?"
"No"
"Do you like fucking animals while cutting yourself?"

lol I didn't like either, why not find out if I like them when they are combined!!!

Very interesting Shaggy. Thanks for sharing that. I had buddy, certainly couldnt call him a friend, who was a pathological liar...he lied about everything...ask him if it was raining and hed say just the opposite, even if both of you were watching it rain. He could tear one of those tests up because he just didnt care about the truth of anything. Really strange character; I finally had to stop having anything to do with him.

Just realize that you will remember stuff that you had long forgotten about. Just relax and go with it. Unless you were intentionally trying to be deceptive in answering the questions in the packet, you should be fine.

What kind of a prize do you get if you can answer "Yes" to all of them?

That questionnaire looked like a To-Do list to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of a prize do you get if you can answer "Yes" to all of them?

That questionnaire looked like a To-Do list to me. </div></div>

Yeah, I kinda thought it looked like life would be awfully boring with all those no's checked off.

99 times out of 100, in a P.D. poly they will tell you that you "showed deception" on a drug or theft question. Make sure you devulge all (all you are going to) before the test. IF they ask and you come up with..."oh, yeah.... it must be the pot brownies my mom made for the homecoming dance in high school", that will most likely seal your fate.
Do not "remember" anything after the test.

..and don't fess up to the robbery / arson you comitted as a junior in high school, you will get arrested. That was one of the easiest cases I worked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of a prize do you get if you can answer "Yes" to all of them?

That questionnaire looked like a To-Do list to me.</div></div>

Final question: "Has anything I've asked you today put an idea in your head of something you're going to try tonight?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of a prize do you get if you can answer "Yes" to all of them?

That questionnaire looked like a To-Do list to me.</div></div>

Final question: "Has anything I've asked you today put an idea in your head of something you're going to try tonight?"

</div></div> Perfect. Good one Ratbert.

It measures stress period. The stress is made by the interviewer artificially stressing the subject with his movements, glares, volume of voice, and a few other tactics. After watching the one, I decided to read up in the military manuals. All of the tactics in the manual come directly from the interviewer's tactics uopn the subject.
That is probably the reason the test is disallowed as evidence in court. Many people who advocated the testing many years ago have now come forward to voice opinion opposite of what they claimed years back. I am sure a search on the 'net will yield several places that say you can beat the test, HOWEVER they are there solely to releive you of your money.
One of the biggest things now is so many people writing books about what people do when they lie or tell the truth. Facial movement, body language, attitude, etc. Bottom line though, it all comes down to how an individual reacts to questioning. One can sit and be totally at ease, confidant, and act normally. Many will fall prey to a slight fear, a slightly raised voice, or a small shift in body language and break. Others, well, they will just say screw it because they are afraid, and tell all as you stare them down because they are just afraid of anything outside the norm.
Personally I can neither advocate for or against a polygraph, but I can honestly say that there is something not quite right about it if many courts disallow it as evidence.
I suppose the best one to ask is maybe a CID type who has years of experience, or maybe a LEO type with the same creds. My way? Wall to wall. Works real good.

Dude, when I was in MP school they used to make us volunteer as test rats for crap. The Secret Service had their paleographer school there. Sometimes they would have you go smash stuff or take snacks and then question you about it.

It was raining the day I was put on it so the civilians didn't have us do any of that. They hooked me up and started asking about a car bomb. They kept asking me over and over about it for like 2-3 damn hours. People kept coming and checking stuff, rearranging the wires on me. At the end there was 4 SS dudes in there with their trainee. Finally one of them asks, "Have you actually car bombed someone before?" I was like WTF? No. "Did you happen to see a car bomb when you walked here?" What? They said I was all over the place and it looked like I was lying about a bomb. So, needless to say, I don't have any faith in those machines.

Make all the jokes you want, but that's a true story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sometimes they would have you go smash stuff <span style="font-weight: bold">or <span style="text-decoration: underline">take snacks and then question you about it.</span></span>
</div></div>

Like they had to tell you to take a snack... please, you never stopped snacking from where we stand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, when I was in MP school they used to make us volunteer as test rats for crap. The Secret Service had their paleographer school there. Sometimes they would have you go smash stuff or take snacks and then question you about it.

It was raining the day I was put on it so the civilians didn't have us do any of that. They hooked me up and started asking about a car bomb. They kept asking me over and over about it for like 2-3 damn hours. People kept coming and checking stuff, rearranging the wires on me. At the end there was 4 SS dudes in there with their trainee. Finally one of them asks, "Have you actually car bombed someone before?" I was like WTF? No. "Did you happen to see a car bomb when you walked here?" What? They said I was all over the place and it looked like I was lying about a bomb. So, needless to say, I don't have any faith in those machines.

Make all the jokes you want, but that's a true story. </div></div>

are you positive?

Texgator is dead nuts on, I will add that it is also relative to the capabilities of the examiner. We used these in my unit, and swithed to the CVSA, our Department's Recruitment Division followed suit not too long afterward. The CVSA still has its quirks, but is less susceptible to examiner error. They are not admisable in court for a reason.

Flex your asshole randomly. Start at the beginning of the test and do it throughout. It cannot be seen when you are sitting down. It doesn't take much.

It will register as a stress. It will also make it impossible to interpret a baseline.

There are other methods. The concept is the same. If a baseline cannot be established and maintained then the test will be ended and you will be deemed untestable. Some people are untestable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Flex your asshole randomly. It cannot be seen when you are sitting down. It doesn't take much.

It will register as a stress</span></span>.</span>

</div></div>

shaggyback hasn't stopped doing this since he took the test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flex your asshole randomly. Start at the beginning of the test and do it throughout. It cannot be seen when you are sitting down. It doesn't take much.

It will register as a stress. </div></div>

Are you shitting me!!!!! sweet pun, aye?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the end, I truly think that the whole process is more about the interviewer's tactics and knowledge of the subject or the subjects answers. The interviewer also had years of experience doing this. I don't think the machine means squat but only tells when the subject is stressed or comfortable, not truth or untruth.</div></div>

I concur. It's an interrogation tool not a magic box that tells you if someone is lying or not.

Case in point:

Aldrich Ames

John Lewis beat it when he drowned poor little Omie Wise. The state let him go and again put him there and he was again aquited for drowing poor little Omie Wise. Only on his death bed did he admit to drowning poor little Omie Wise

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUszNbvkK98"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YUszNbvkK98" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Yeah, ya'all are askin wtf is Omie Wise so I had to give ya the song version. True Stry dating way way back in US Southern History, and retold in many a fok song singers song list. Greg Graffin of Bad Religion does it best though

The problem with polygraphs is this...if you do well and "pass", you are a good liar, if you do poorly and "fail", you are a bad liar. Either way, you are a liar.

So you read my post? Wasn't sure anyone would get that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flex your asshole randomly. Start at the beginning of the test and do it throughout. It cannot be seen when you are sitting down. It doesn't take much.

It will register as a stress. It will also make it impossible to interpret a baseline.

There are other methods. The concept is the same. If a baseline cannot be established and maintained then the test will be ended and you will be deemed untestable. Some people are untestable.

</div></div>