• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Popular $800-$1500 scopes, new and used

South tx

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2014
About to rig out another 6.5 creed I'll be getting back in about two weeks. Had the rifle for a week or two before I sent it off for some modifications, mounted a 2.5-10 ffp mark 4 on it at the time. I'm not especially crazy about leupolds, and never had been.

I'm looking for something else, and for the first time as far as scopes go, I can't make up my mind at all!! Wanted a USO st10, and saw one sell on here last night before I could get to it.
I do a lot of predator calling, and occasionally use my 1000 yd rifles on the job. Wondering about some of the bushnell, vortex, and other scopes in the $800-1500 price range, and would like to see what's out there Nd what y'all think.

There was a Bushnell LRHS in the classifieds for $950 earlier today. Given the feature set and quality of that scope, that's an absolute bargain.

John

I like the Bushnell Elite Tacticals in that price range.
The 6-24x50 with FFP G2DMR is pretty decent for the price, street price $1000 to $800 (liberty optics when they're in stock, like right now) and a bit less used.
The 6-24x50 FFP is also available with illumination but only with a plain mildot. I scored one from a Hide member for $650 shipped. That was an unusually good deal, though.
The DMR 3.5-21x50 FFP G2DMR lists for $1400 or so but Liberty sells them for $1100 shipped. 34 mm tube and 34 mils elevation and windage travel with locking turrets. You see them sometimes for as low as $1000 used. Last year I found a like new mildot unit for a friend for $875 shipped and I thought that was a good price, but I just picked up the same scope with a little cosmetic damage for $750. I used it last weekend, good glass, perfect tracking.
Keep checking the classifieds on this forum and eventually you'll find exactly what you're looking for at a great price. If you're in a little more of a hurry, call some SH vendors for their best prices.

Last edited:
I love my Vortex PST 6-24x50 ffp. I saw one on here yesterday for sale for about $800.

I love my Nightforce scopes even more. They are tough as nails. The vortex glass seems slightly clearer, but only slightly. Both have excellent warranties. You can get a nice 5.5-22x56 for about $1500. Its sfp though.

My suggestion is to get a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 off the used section here. If you don't like it for some reason, sell it and pick up a Vortex PST and get some cash back.

(No experience with the Bushnells.)

I'm selling an SWFA 5-20 ffp hd scope right now. They are awesome scopes! I'm only selling so I can start standardizing all my scopes. Pm me if you are interested.

The only reason I don't have any night force is because I range from the reticle quote a bit, and haven't wanted to pony up for one of their ffp's yet. Anybody used an HD 10x4swfa ss?

Another person who loves their Vortex Viper PST 6-24x FFP.

Got mine from Sport Optics. Nice people, VERY nice SH discount.

That's consistent with my advice: spend your money to get as much quality as possible in your basic scope elements (excellent reticle, turrets, glass, overall robustness and longevity), eliminating "frills" (FFP, zero-stops, brakes, ...) first.

For milling, I've found no issues using my NXS, using only full or 1/2 power. FFP can be more convenient, but really It's really not that big of a deal.

$800 - $1500 range is going to give you many choices, especially with everything jumping to the Razor II.

Weaver Tac 3-15FFP
Vortex PST 6-24FFP
Bushnell Tac 6-24FFP G2DMR
Bushnell 3-21FFP DMR
Super Sniper 5-20FFP
IOR 3-18FFP
IOR 6-24FFP
NF 3-15SFP
Vortex Razor 5-20FFP
NF 5-22SFP

All can be had on a used market for your price range. I'm sure I'm missing a few more, but you get the idea. Square Range, Known Distance shooting the SFP reticle works very well. For UKD and multiple targets the FFP reticle is easier.

So I sold one of my SWFA 5-20, to pick up a Bushnell XRS earlier this year. The Bushnell has good glass, but I feel like the SWFA's are better. I just picked up another SWFA, non illuminated off the classified section for $800. You just can't beat the glass and features for that amount of money.
Scott