• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Portable Shooting Bench?

Jakerz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Statesville, NC
Just curious if anyone has had any experience with any one of these and how stable they are? A friend of mine has a dirtpit that we love to go shoot pistols in and I want to shoot my rifle there also, considering its free, we can go any time of day on any day and there is no one else around
smile.gif

Jake

Re: Portable Shooting Bench?

Are you talking the ready bought ones, or something you can make yourself?

If the DIY sort, there are plenty of plans on the Net...I made a version of the one below and it works great:

Aeroaces Portable Shooting Bench

The other design which is popular is one by Larry Willis

With hindsite, I wish I had used the "T" shaped top so it could be used by lefties, but its not a big deal. With either design, don't skimp on the materials as more weight gives more stability...

I made mine with good solid board and put threaded bases on the underside to screw in 1-1/4 galvanized pipe for legs...2 in front and 1 rear all at about 15* angles out. Makes for a real solid platform and very portable because the legs screw off. I made 2 flanges for each end of the underside and drilled 1-1/2 inch holes in them...when I remove the legs I slide them in the holes and screw end caps on the pipes to hold them. I put a carry handle on the side of it to make it easy to carry.

Cool, think I may just make one now, thanks for the links.

The DOA one is really cool, but they dont put a price on there site, so there probably really really expensive ><

Jake

The prices were on the setup page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The New Pricing as of May 1st 2009
1. 24X36 3/4 inch top 425.00 includes oversize UPS freight to your door in the lower 48

2. 30X40 1 1/2 inch top (Most Popular) 475.00 includes oversize UPS freight to your door in the lower 48

3. 30X45 1 1/2 inch top (for the 50BMG) 499.00 includes oversize UPS freight to your door in the lower 48
</div></div>