• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Portable shooting bench

If you're gonna do it......do it right. :p

View attachment 8346527
That guy is in my town. See that van putzing around town all the time.
received_599715391061905.jpeg

.....not what I would call a shooter.

Just finished this one. Only real cost was for angled 1 1/4 pipe weld brackets and 36” pipe nipples and caps. Top is repurposed corian countertop I’d been saving for projects just like this. A bit of welding, layout and cleanup and done. Portable, with removable legs, but heavy, stable and all weather.

IMG_0089.jpegIMG_0088.jpeg

Reactions: Ichi
I have a Herter’s bench from Cabelas. My kids got it for me for a Christmas present about five years ago.

DSCN2094_(1).jpg

It folds up and sets up very easily. Very sturdy (I used it with my almost 50 pound .50 BMG rig with no issues). It has a cup holder!

DSCN2135.jpg

Reactions: YotaEer
Been very happy with it. Used it quite a bit but I'm not a serious long range shooter so not like every weekend. The only potential failure point I see is where the legs screw into the table. These are a fairly fine thread and I think if you get grit or force them you could dick them up. Keep these clean and in good shape and it's a pretty bomb proof design. Adjusting the legs independently to get it solid was a pain at 1st but with practice I do it quickly now. I screwed on a piece of to load the bipod against but there's probably a more elegant solution.

View attachment 8346757

View attachment 8346758
Thanks for the update. BTW, I see you live in snow country, these Crescent Moon Eva shoes are great for setting your targets, super simple:

Reactions: carbonbased
I made this. Found the prints on the web. Fast set up and take down. Stores in small area. Ambidextrous. Solid.

Attachments

• IMG_4046.jpeg
    IMG_4046.jpeg
    791.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4043.jpeg
    IMG_4043.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4044.jpeg
    IMG_4044.jpeg
    718.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4045.jpeg
    IMG_4045.jpeg
    816.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: crackerbrown
The stainless tubing is not too heavy, but the Aluminum top plate is probably 30-40#.
I wanted some mass to reduce vibration.
I machined a relief in the bottom of the plate, so as to have a snug fit over the vertical tube.
Hand tight works to keep it from moving.
parts_2a copy.jpeg