• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., said former President Donald Trump is "not calling the shots" when it comes to how Republican lawmakers will approach a border security deal.
"He's not calling the shots. I am calling the shots for the House, that's our responsibility," Johnson said during a Sunday appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I have been saying this far longer than what President Trump has, I have been saying what the requirements are to fix the problem. I don't care if they call the legislation H.R. 2 or not, what we're saying is you have to stem the flow."

The till is empty. There is no money to fund this. Unsustainable.

Senators on Sunday released the details of a $118.2 billion bipartisan aid proposal for Ukraine, Israel and the southern U.S. border, after months of painstaking, closed-door negotiations.
The long-awaited bill requests $60.1 billion for Ukraine aid, $14.1 billion for Israel and $20.2 billion to improve security at the U.S. border. It also includes smaller pockets of funding for humanitarian assistance in war-torn regions, and defense operations in the Red Sea and Taiwan.
President Joe Biden initially proposed a more than $105 billion aid package in October. The Senate’s new deal roughly matches the funding proportions Biden had requested for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.
The central difference in the new proposal is over $13 billion more in border security funding, which was a major point of contention in the months-long Senate talks.

Senators on Sunday released the details of a $118.2 billion bipartisan aid proposal for Ukraine, Israel and the southern U.S. border, after months of painstaking, closed-door negotiations.
The long-awaited bill requests $60.1 billion for Ukraine aid, $14.1 billion for Israel and $20.2 billion to improve security at the U.S. border. It also includes smaller pockets of funding for humanitarian assistance in war-torn regions, and defense operations in the Red Sea and Taiwan.
President Joe Biden initially proposed a more than $105 billion aid package in October. The Senate’s new deal roughly matches the funding proportions Biden had requested for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.
The central difference in the new proposal is over $13 billion more in border security funding, which was a major point of contention in the months-long Senate talks.

Don't worry. China will be glad to loan us the money and give 10% to the Big Guy.

YjuP6sag4lBq.png

First, this is not a "Border Bill" regardless of the label.
While I have not read the bill in it's entirety, I must ask.... "What's in this bill for me"?
Nothing
What does this bill do for America other than bring "We the People" closer to bankruptcy ?
At this point, the best outcome will be DOA when it reaches the House.

First, this is not a "Border Bill" regardless of the label.
While I have not read the bill in it's entirety, I must ask.... "What's in this bill for me"?
Nothing
What does this bill do for America other than bring "We the People" closer to bankruptcy ?
At this point, the best outcome will be DOA when it reaches the House.
Nothing kicks in for border stoppage until they exceed 5,000 illegals per day.

WTF?

From your perspective, why don't people want to work these jobs ?
Because we are told you are a failure if you don't go to college. Any trade job is seen as well he could not do any better.

There is a pretty hot lib that works here. His daughter is almost out of high school. We are talking about our kids, and I asked about her, saying she should be out of school now, or close.

Oh she is a senior this year.

Cool, does she know what she wants to do for her next step.

She wants to be a welder, he said with some discust.

Oh that is fantastic, those people can make some real good money, and she is going to be one of the people that actually makes things, she is going to be building the world, making it go you should be so proud of her.

yeah.

Still to this day it is not seen as a "good" job.

"Good" electricians, plumbers, any trade job are very hard to come by.

That is why people don't want to work those jobs, the high schools shame poeople that are interested in them, and who runs the HS.

Because they don't feel like permanently crippling their bodies slaving away for some company? That was one of my primary reasons for exiting and staying out of the trade I was in.

Not everything in life is about money. I'm now working a desk job in the heavy equipment sector and making more than I was in a trade with better benefits. Why would I bust my ass?

Many of these jobs are necessary and for sure are not getting the recruitment they need. But it's not simply because people are lazy now like Rowe pushes. It's often because the juice doesn't feel worth the squeeze.

How old are you?

The girl I told the story about is already hired someplace back east, I don't remember the city. Right out of high school and into the trade school. She is not even out of the trade school yet and she is already "hired". Provided she does not do anything stupid she is already walking into a job making $86k a year. Now that might not be all that much in Virginia I don't know, but it sounds like a good deal for someone fresh out of the gate.

Now I know nothing about welding for a profession, but to think a long tall skinny girl is going to be a welder (yes she has a boyfriend that dad is not too happy about as well) I am not sure if it will cripple her or not.

I have little doubt there are very hard jobs out there that will take a toll on your body, I don't think they all are.

I think Rowe is pushing that these are good jobs that have been shamed by highschool counslers for decades. There is nothing wrong with being a lineman, and I don't think that will kill your body.

Having been a tradesman myself and have family and friends who still are, yeah these are some reasons. But not all of them are on the guy who decides he doesn't want to do it.
Closest I cam was a mechanic. You can never say, all. But I would say most. I did it when I was in my 20's, and saw lots of people my age pack up their tools and just walk out the door after their second come back.

Because we are told you are a failure if you don't go to college. Any trade job is seen as well he could not do any better.

There is a pretty hot lib that works here. His daughter is almost out of high school. We are talking about our kids, and I asked about her, saying she should be out of school now, or close.

Oh she is a senior this year.

Cool, does she know what she wants to do for her next step.

She wants to be a welder, he said with some discust.

Oh that is fantastic, those people can make some real good money, and she is going to be one of the people that actually makes things, she is going to be building the world, making it go you should be so proud of her.

yeah.

Still to this day it is not seen as a "good" job.

"Good" electricians, plumbers, any trade job are very hard to come by.

That is why people don't want to work those jobs, the high schools shame poeople that are interested in them, and who runs the HS.
Any apprenticeship program requires a commitment. Our's is 5 years. A high school graduate that just want's to be a welder ends up competing with the illegal immigrant. There is a right way to get to a skilled, high paying job. A person can not walk in today and be an apprentice tomorrow. The process weed's out those who don't make a commitment. It's not easy, nor is it for everyone.

Our apprenticeship training program includes:​

• 2,000 hours of on-the-job training per year
  • 216 hours of related classroom instruction
  • Core courses: Safety, Plan Reading and Design, Math, Science, Use and Care of Tools

The till is empty. Easy fix, fire up the money machines.