• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

A31JFAg7.png

Can you imagine a fed lawyer standing in front of a judge and saying that they were using the Lego model for a strategic attack.
Can't make this shit up. :devilish:

The Department of Justice has retracted its claim that it seized a “fully constructed U.S. Capitol Lego set” from an accused Capitol rioter.

A U.S. Capitol Lego set seized by FBI agents from Robert Morss, an accused U.S. Capitol rioter. (DOJ)

In an memorandum asking a court to order Robert Morss be held pending trial, prosecutors claimed that law enforcement officials “recover[e]d a fully constructed U.S. Capitol Lego set” while arresting the defendant.

But in a supplemental motion, authorities said they erred in conveying that claim.

Morss is in custody on charges including civil disorder and violent entry of a building on Capitol grounds.

Surveillance footage showed Morss on Jan. 6 push his way toward a line of officers guarding the Lower West Terrace doors of the Capitol, prosecutors say. He then allegedly grabbed an officer’s shield and passed it back to other members of the crowd.

Morss and other rioters ultimately entered the Capitol through a broken window, footage showed.

Prosecutors allege he would pose a danger to the community and present a flight risk if released.

A hearing on whether to allow Morss’s release is scheduled for July 13.
Fucking clown car!

They tried to introduce soccor into my generation circa mid to late 70s along with the metric system.

Neither were happening.

We played kickball (baseball with your leg as the bat and the pitcher bowling the ball) with the soccer ball.

Metrics was just a mess.

Soccer now is the thing and all sports have been "changed" to be as inconvenient and stressful as can be for the family.

In my day you got a card stock schedule that told your dates and times for practices and you wore it in your ball cap to keep the thing standing tall.

If you didnt sweat it to shit the player read the schedule and made arrangements to get to the local town field to practice or play.

My parents had little participation save occasional games of catch or showing up for games.

It was good. I learned I needed to be places and made my own arrangements to get there.

Now.......

Kids dont get the schedule. Their is none. Its fly by the seat of your pants depending on field availability. Often the fields are out of town and the kids require the parents drive to their practices.

Soccer in particular. Now it requires giant "complexes" with 4-5 teams all playing at once.

I see soccer as a means to sort of increase family stressors. A sport that can be played by all regardless of skill....than just make scheduling and fielding inconvenient to disrupt family dinners, weekends and unique experience time.

"It should go without saying that the Fed’s issues go well beyond bad forecasting. The monetary hedonism of America’s central bank is one of the great policy disasters of the current century. Eroding mainstream confidence in the Fed’s forecasting is a factor that could help shape the timing of the next financial crisis."

"On a year-over-year basis, Inflation Rate increased by 5.4% compared to analyst consensus of 4.9%."

(https://mises.org/power-market/infl...iwFVTGoIpa7ACR-UvQJ_caYfdZAfMHddd8ybtDPTILNC4)

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics - Inflation @ +5.4% YoY

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics - Real Wages hourly earnings decreased, -0.5% May to June.

Hi LawnMM,

thank you for the reply. I am not sure, though, what you disagree with. Is it that the statute does not apply, or that the person taking the survey is not a government agent, or that the case is inapplicable?

As best as I can tell based on the last clause in your reply, it is not the first two, but rather the applicability of the case. The case stands for a proposition that the Government does not need to prove that false statements were made with actual knowledge of federal agency jurisdiction, and nothing else, cf. the case opinion, section II. So, you are correct that it arguably does not apply, because presumably everybody will know or be let know that the information is gathered for the use by government. My mistake of citing it.

This case isn't applicable unless the Karens hand out an official government document, that you're stupid enough to actually fill out, lie on, and send in,

I (partially) disagree. The statute does not set forth the manner of making the statement. So any, even a verbal statement, can be considered.

Don't engage them in conversation and don't fill anything out or sign anything.

Regardless of our different interpretation, this is the best advice. Do not let your ego or anger take over, just refuse to get engaged.

Kindest regards,

M

Hi LawnMM,

thank you for the reply. I am not sure, though, what you disagree with. Is it that the statute does not apply, or that the person taking the survey is not a government agent, or that the case is inapplicable?
All three. It only applies if the person being lied to is a federal agent, so the person at the door has to be a fed, or handing out documents that will land in a feds hands AND that had to be made clear ahead of time. Government can argue that last part isn't necessary all they want but let's be honest if some Karen shows up in a soccer t shirt handing out a survey written in crayon you're going to have a hell of a time making a case I lied to the government 🙄

If those conditions aren't met the case isn't applicable.
As best as I can tell based on the last clause in your reply, it is not the first two, but rather the applicability of the case. The case stands for a proposition that the Government does not need to prove that false statements were made with actual knowledge of federal agency jurisdiction, and nothing else, cf. the case opinion, section II. So, you are correct that it arguably does not apply, because presumably everybody will know or be let know that the information is gathered for the use by government. My mistake of citing it.
Don't assume anything, especially in this context they may well obscure the purpose of the questionnaire or verbal interview or whatever.

Again, don't engage weird rando people in conversation.
I (partially) disagree. The statute does not set forth the manner of making the statement. So any, even a verbal statement, can be considered.
Of course a verbal statement can be considered, it's primarily for interviews though I think that will be a logistical hurdle they'll have to manuever around with a form or something if this little scheme were to be undertaken.

Making a false statement to a Karen won't be sufficient, IMO, to trigger the statute even if she's reporting back to the feds because... she's not a fed. I suppose they could deputize them or something but then they'd be identifying themselves as such.

It's not a game of telephone, if you lie to a non fed Karen who reports to a fed that's not lying to a fed.
Regardless of our different interpretation, this is the best advice. Do not let your ego or anger take over, just refuse to get engaged.

Kindest regards,

M
I agree, as much as you might want to engage these people the best advice is to not engage them at all.

Even telling them to get fucked will likely earn you a check mark in the 'right wing extremist' category or some bullshit.

Better to just not answer the door. I know everyone's instinct is to fight, and I think resistance is good, but be smart about it. Resist when it's going to accomplish something and not when it just draws attention to yourself or gets you taken off the playing field.

Embrace the concept of being the grey man and blending I'm, until it's time to not blend in.

Reactions: TACC and MCSO1357
Hi LawnMM,

All three. It only applies if the person being lied to is a federal agent, so the person at the door has to be a fed, or handing out documents that will land in a feds hands AND that had to be made clear ahead of time. Government can argue that last part isn't necessary all they want but let's be honest if some Karen shows up in a soccer t shirt handing out a survey written in crayon you're going to have a hell of a time making a case I lied to the government 🙄

apparently, we have a different interpretation. Based on my understanding, the statement does not have to be made directly to an agent of the federal government as long as it is “within the jurisdiction”.

I sincerely hope, though, that the statute is not used and we do not find out.

I agree, as much as you might want to engage these people the best advice is to not engage them at all.

Even telling them to get fucked will likely earn you a check mark in the 'right wing extremist' category or some bullshit.

Better to just not answer the door. I know everyone's instinct is to fight, and I think resistance is good, but be smart about it. Resist when it's going to accomplish something and not when it just draws attention to yourself or gets you taken off the playing field.

I find it interesting that despite our different interpretation, of the statute and the case law, our conclusion is the same.

Kindest regards,

M

Reactions: M7rtim

Looks like 4 down in about 15 seconds. Dude in the white jacket shooting from the corner of the building sees something he doesn’t like and hauls ass while the rest are jumping around.

Does anyone know the context of this action? What’s with the American flags? How come only two guys seek any cover?

If true, that’s a major problem as it goes against US law.

Oh so are we going to be trying to follow the law now in Washington? *Laughs in Fast and Furious and plane full of cash for Iran*
Looks like 4 down in about 15 seconds. Dude in the white jacket shooting from the corner of the building sees something he doesn’t like and hauls ass while the rest are jumping around.

Does anyone know the context of this action? What’s with the American flags? How come only two guys seek any cover?

And why are people in the obvious field of fire just standing there calmly filming while about 6 dudes buy the farm.

The American flag was a WTF also.

and who's recording that shit that close to the action???????

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore

Watch the movie "Oliver Black"

Pretty disturbing.

Watched on the 4th of July of all days. No stirring Patriotic imagery but certainly makes one thankful for the USA.

The "innocent" in the story makes the statement "Africa fucks Africa".

Its not only Africa fucking Africa but also every mother fucker that arrives there and says "Im here to help you".

Reactions: SilentStalkr
How come only two guys seek any cover?

Everyone else had probably paid the $500 to be "Bullet Proofed".

Well maybe more now a days but $500 was the going rate to have a "Witch Doctor" bullet proof you when I was in Liberia circa 1999.

The Chief of Police was killed in a scandal there after a police recruit graduation.

The official police "Witch Doctor" had performed a bullet proofing ceremony for the graduating class of recruits.

To prove the effectiveness the "Witch Doctor" shot the Chief with his revolver at the end of the program.

Miraculously the "Bullet Proofing" worked.

Than a newly graduated recruit shot the Chief with his revolver.

The Chief died.

The "Witch Doctor" explained "He had a moment of disbelief"......didnt mention the blanks in the Chiefs gun.

Also had a Headline in the Liberian paper about a member of Congress turning into a Baboon and attacking another member.

Liberia is the closest thing we have to a colony in Africa.

Is everyone's head exploding with the insanity going on in the United States? I know since Jan 6th, it's been crazy, but my goodness, the level of insanity knows no ceiling today. Can you imagine what this country is going to look like in 2 years?

This has got to stop now! How far can we allow this to go? I personally believe it's gone way too far already.

Reactions: M7rtim and Bender

If you freeze frame it part way in... there is a camera filming in the lower left... This is a filming. It's not realistic they way people are running around in the open.
As an aside.. this could easily be a normal Chicago weekend.

Is everyone's head exploding with the insanity going on in the United States? I know since Jan 6th, it's been crazy, but my goodness, the level of insanity knows no ceiling today. Can you imagine what this country is going to look like in 2 years?

This has got to stop now! How far can we allow this to go? I personally believe it's gone way too far already.

Loving the report that the Navy is incapable of fighting its way out of a paper bag.

Good to see that publicized and shouted loud and proud.

No such thing as Strategic defense secrets I guess.

Read between the lines the USMC has neutered itself as a complete Expeditionary package able to strike anywhere on short notice with ships, Infantry, armor, arty, and both fixed and rotary wing AC.

USMC is gonna handle it with 70 man rubber boat "Raiding Partys".

Marines from Fox 2/5 at Toktong Pass are probably wondering why they suffered so.

If you freeze frame it part way in... there is a camera filming in the lower left... This is a filming. It's not realistic they way people are running around in the open.
As an aside.. this could easily be a normal Chicago weekend.

You saying its an out of context film scene from a movie set being used as fake news like NBC claiming Knob Creek was Syria?

If so it probably is SA's impression of Chicago.

Although there is real bad shit happening in SA to the minority population and the world ignores it.

Reactions: NoDopes