• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible JAE news?

Can I send my JAE bankruptcy letter in for a discount?

That's such a bummer how that went down.

Different companies, so I'm not sure it's fair to expect MDT to resolve those issues, however it would be badass of them to take care of people like yourself who got burnt. At least sell you a chassis and some goodies/accessories at cost.

Meh jokes aside I’ll be plenty happy if they make them so I can buy them at a reasonable cost with little to no wait time.

I still believe extending an olive branch in the form of a goodwill gesture to those that got burnt by the bankruptcy would benefit both parties.

Like you say though, it'll be great to have MDT support the brand and make it even better. Hopefully it happens sooner rather then later.

Reactions: BroncoMustang
I’ve never actually gotten my hands on a JAE. I started an order on one about 8 months ago but I backed out and purchased a Strike Nuke instead. I’m loving the Nuke, but I would love a JAE.
at this point though, I’m REALLY glad I cancelled my $1600 purchase for a new JAE. I think Id’a got screwed.

Reactions: kthomas
I’ve never actually gotten my hands on a JAE. I started an order on one about 8 months ago but I backed out and purchased a Strike Nuke instead. I’m loving the Nuke, but I would love a JAE.
at this point though, I’m REALLY glad I cancelled my $1600 purchase for a new JAE. I think Id’a got screwed.

Yeah, that probably would've been poor timing.

You'll love the JAE once you get a chance to handle and shoot with one.

Anyone that sees my rifle at a match is more then welcome to handle it. Planning on going to the MDT steel challenge match if Coronavirus doesn't shut it down or keep me out of the country. I'm sure there will be other matches I'll go to as well this year.

Or if you are in the area of Tucson AZ, you can shoot my rifle and get a feel for it.

Bought mine back in 2013, waited almost a year, but decided to go with a Manners EH-1 instead to be lighter and sold the JAE, something I will always regret, I loved that stock. Not only functional but sexy as well.

@MDT_Josh previous posts mentioned around summer 2020, are you still on track for this timeframe and any news about whether the design is staying the same or are you changing some things up?

View attachment 7276065

Thanks for bringing this up again and I can tell you that the JAE project is still at the forefront of our minds. We agree that it is an excellent chassis that blends some of the best features of rifle stock ergonomics and chassis modularity and cannot wait to share more updates with you soon!

As for the summer timeline, it is doubtful that we will have the MDT JAE-700 for sale by sumer 2020, however, we should have more updates for you all in the coming weeks. I know that this must sound repetitive at times, but we appreciate your patience while we work out the best way forward for this project.

Josh

@MDT_Josh and we will just be the kids in the back seat of the car on a long trip...."Are we there yet?....how about now?.....now?....how about now?"
When we did that with my mom and dad they pulled over to the side of the road and dad pulled off the belt, surprisingly, we all stopped messing around :LOL:

mom got tired of hitting us while swerving in the car

cop pulled her over

as the cop walking up she grabbed my brother (we were prob 5-8 years old) and tried stuffing him through the station wagon drivers window

yelling "take this fucking kid before i kill him"

i remember sitting in the car crying because i was getting hit as well, but the cops face was one i will never forget

then the cop screamed at us and i think my brother might have shit his pants a little, but he'll never own up to it

When we did that with my mom and dad they pulled over to the side of the road and dad pulled off the belt, surprisingly, we all stopped messing around :LOL:
I’ve gotten the precision back hand from mom before!

Don't make me pull this car over!
I’ve gotten that warning as well and it wasn’t a bluff.

By the way,,,,is it ready yet MDT?
:)

• Haha
Reactions: kthomas and b2lee

I’ve gotten that warning as well and it wasn’t a bluff.

By the way,,,,is it ready yet MDT?
:)
That's IT! NO JAE FOR YOU!! We are making some solid progress, make sure you are signed up for our newsletter since the e-mail list will be automatically sent out once we have some more information. Otherwise, we will start our own thread once we can say anything with substance to it.

That's IT! NO JAE FOR YOU!!
4C0C1617-E636-416A-94A3-02E69B8C1621.gif

@MDT_OFFICIAL

Can us Canadians get special pricing on the JAE? You guys can upsell to our american friends..

Say 1000CAD for us, and 1000USD for them?

I am recalling a skit by Eddie Murphy when he spoke of his mom and her high heeled shoe and her uncanny ability to hit him with it anywhere in the house. I think all moms have this uncanny ability either with their hand or an object :LOL:

I hope whatever accessories MDT will make for the JAE chassis will fit the original version.

It sure would be nice if action cages were available. As discussed with Lisa (but they had no bandwidth at the time), it'd be awesome to be able to swap out the 700 foot print cage for a Tikka T-3 cage. I mean, aside from the adjustable mag well and latch, that was the other cool thing about the JAE design; being able to swap the collet cage from one footprint to another.

Just thinking out loud here @MDT_Josh ....?

It sure would be nice if action cages were available. As discussed with Lisa (but they had no bandwidth at the time), it'd be awesome to be able to swap out the 700 foot print cage for a Tikka T-3 cage. I mean, aside from the adjustable mag well and latch, that was the other cool thing about the JAE design; being able to swap the collet cage from one footprint to another.

I absolutely concur with this, this would be a fantastic feature... I could see Winchester M70, Savage, Weatherby, AI and so much more, obviously these would be rolled out after the initial Rem 700 offering, but sure would be nice

I remember the first one I saw on an M14, I thought that is kind of cool then saw the price and said? Hmm, not my bag of donuts. Never really thought about them when they came out for the 700, and then I started seeing them in PRS.

I have honestly never handled one. I am in love with everything GRS, and I like the McMillan Lazzeroni thumbhole and the Mcmillan A-th, previously known as the A-Hole.

Interesting concept, it may be something we look into.

Like I mentioned to Lisa once, "if the cages could be swapped, the price point would be forgotten by many people", knowing they could change out their chassis footprint to fit the action, rather than having to permanently commit to a single style footprint. <shrug> Just makes sense to me, as another way to define/redefine market share....

Last edited:
I remember the first one I saw on an M14, I thought that is kind of cool then saw the price and said? Hmm, not my bag of donuts. Never really thought about them when they came out for the 700, and then I started seeing them in PRS.

I have honestly never handled one. I am in love with everything GRS, and I like the McMillan Lazzeroni thumbhole and the Mcmillan A-th, previously known as the A-Hole.
A friend has a blinge’d out M14 in a JAE.
It’s pretty damn nice.
I like to shoot it.

Last edited:
I'm just saving up my lunch money so I can get one, or six, when they're ready.

Reactions: kthomas
I very much like the Archangel stock on my M1A. I would replace it with a JAE when available.

Harry

especially if the cages came out with action still attached.

long action magnum ELR
short action prs
medium action tikka hunting

one chassis 3 cages

oh yeah and long action AICS pattern that fit the 3.4 COAL of the tikka/defacto

especially if the cages came out with action still attached.

long action magnum ELR
short action prs
medium action tikka hunting

one chassis 3 cages

oh yeah and long action AICS pattern that fit the 3.4 COAL of the tikka/defacto
It depends on what you mean. Our 3.560" long action magazine for the Tikka already does that:D.

Reactions: long range sponge
Any plans to start production of the accessories first well you figure out how you are going to move forward with the chassis?

I'm currently looking for 2 Arca Rails and a Bag Rider I'm sure others are as well. It would be awesome if you can keep the same anodizing color to match the existing chassis!

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Any plans to start production of the accessories first well you figure out how you are going to move forward with the chassis?

I'm currently looking for 2 Arca Rails and a Bag Rider I'm sure others are as well. It would be awesome if you can keep the same anodizing color to match the existing chassis!
Want to have an arca2 and bag rider also. You can use the MDT 10 inche rail, two holes line up and just drill additional. Looks very good and fits well

Attachments

• 20200213_151230.jpg
    20200213_151230.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200309_145538.jpg
    20200309_145538.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 69

Yes, accessories will be coming.

Thanks for bringing this up again and I can tell you that the JAE project is still at the forefront of our minds. We agree that it is an excellent chassis that blends some of the best features of rifle stock ergonomics and chassis modularity and cannot wait to share more updates with you soon!

As for the summer timeline, it is doubtful that we will have the MDT JAE-700 for sale by sumer 2020, however, we should have more updates for you all in the coming weeks. I know that this must sound repetitive at times, but we appreciate your patience while we work out the best way forward for this project.

Josh

Happy to read the good news (especially under these weird times [virus shut-down]); I feel like B2lee and can't wait for them to get here.

The JAE chassis are pretty much in a league of their own, way beyond their time for sure. Many never understood due to the price point but there’s nothing I like better than getting behind mine. Glad to see MDT step up to keep this technology going forward and taking it to the next level.

The JAE chassis are pretty much in a league of their own, way beyond their time for sure. Many never understood due to the price point but there’s nothing I like better than getting behind mine. Glad to see MDT step up to keep this technology going forward and taking it to the next level.

Agreed.

There was a lot of smart engineering in the JAE chassis. A couple of features that I thought were underappreciated (or at least not talked about much) was the adjustable magazine cage and the front triangular section of the ARCA rails, which prevented rail flex when mounting the bipod far out - something that's a weakness in pretty much all other ARCA rails out there.

JAE did an excellent job with their chassis. There's a few refinements that certainly could be made. The intricacies of the chassis probably made it a pretty expensive one to produce, which most consumers weren't willing to pay the price for unfortunately.

Myself, I think there's no other chassis that comes close to the JAE, and I've handled a lot of different chassis'.

Going to have to agree as well, the JAE was way ahead of it's time.

Case in point: Been trying to get a 224 Valkyrie to feed reliably out of a MDT 6BR mag. I kept having the third round, tip the fourth round forward, buggering up the mag. It was so common I had about given up ever using it in a local Tact LR match. Yesterday I was sitting in my office, looking at the rifle hanging on the wall and realized (duh), the JAE chassis it sat in had an adjustable mag well. And since I had noticed a lot of up and down slop in the mag, pulled it down, and tightened up the magazine fit (up/down) to the action. Grabbed a handfull (10 or so) of rounds, loaded the mag, and cycled the action. Boom. Fed like shit through a goose. Grabbed the other 6BR mag (both had the feed lips mod'ed to the Valkyrie dimensions), and boom, it fed like nobody's business as well. All from adjusting the presentation of the magazine to the action. Can't do that with other chassis, even today. It's also (IIRC) why the JAE can run AW or AICS mags; you just tweak the mag latch up or down. If all the other chassis had this functionality, then @padom wouldn't be having to deal with all the folks asking questions about feeding the .224 V or Thunderbird from an AICS patterned mag.

I often wonder, since now that MDT owns the rights, if they will expand the mag collet/mag latch adjustability function to all of their chassis. @MDT_Josh , another thought perhaps to consider(?)...it'd certainly be a discriminator for MDT's products. (Sorry, thinking like this, is my day job too.) :sneaky:

I’ve only shot the M14 version but it’s definitely in its own league.

I’ve looked long and hard at every used JAE chassis that’s been listed in the last few weeks...but I can’t bring myself to purchase one knowing that MDT going to be producing a new version.

I’ve never had the opportunity to use one of the originals, but I’m a huge fan of the look. For the time being, I purchased a cheaper stock/chassis to keep the rifle functional...but I’ll definitely be in for a new MDT/Jae chassis when they are released.

I hate to add to the “are we there yet”, but are you guys thinking this will be a 2020 product or pushed back to 2021? Just trying to appease my ADD of checking for updates every other day ;)

I’ve looked long and hard at every used JAE chassis that’s been listed in the last few weeks...but I can’t bring myself to purchase one knowing that MDT going to be producing a new version.

I’ve never had the opportunity to use one of the originals, but I’m a huge fan of the look. For the time being, I purchased a cheaper stock/chassis to keep the rifle functional...but I’ll definitely be in for a new MDT/Jae chassis when they are released.

I hate to add to the “are we there yet”, but are you guys thinking this will be a 2020 product or pushed back to 2021? Just trying to appease my ADD of checking for updates every other day ;)

I think that was a prudent decision. I have a sneaking suspicion that MDT will have something every nice out with regards to the JAE acquisition. Of course, (@MDT_Josh ) I'd always be willing to beta test (whatever that is) for you guys. :D

I’ve also wanted a JAE, was seriously looking when the balloon popped and glad I’m not one of those people who got burned by them.
I’m hesitant to buy used till I see what support MDT will provide.

I’ve shot the M14 JAE.

Last edited: