• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible JAE news?

If anyone is comparing these to an ACC/Matrix/Whatever solid machine alu block chassis, they're on another planet. I've disassembled and coated a huge array of chassis, and the fit/finish/amount of custom parts/etc, is another level. Its obvious why they cost so much more when you look at all the details and associated manufacturing costs - whether that has any value to you is a personal thing.

Not having a full arca rail from factory with this new gen is a bit dogshit though.

I can't help but think prs has moved on since these were good.
JAE hit the mark 10 years too early. They were WAY ahead of their time, in terms of mounting points, modularity, and overall design.

I know multiple people who had them, and 2 of them regret selling them. Go figure.

I do agree they are not quite right by todays standards, but for an intermediate stock from range queen -> hybrid hunting (from back of a ute, night stalking, sit and wait with a tripod) they are a great concept..... Except no arca and hugely $$$.

Reactions: kthomas
JAE hit the mark 10 years too early. They were WAY ahead of their time, in terms of mounting points, modularity, and overall design.

I know multiple people who had them, and 2 of them regret selling them. Go figure.

I do agree they are not quite right by todays standards, but for an intermediate stock from range queen -> hybrid hunting (from back of a ute, night stalking, sit and wait with a tripod) they are a great concept..... Except no arca and hugely $$$.
Just to clarify there is an arca rail..

Reactions: iceng
Jae by Mdt shows as an exhibitor at the precision rifle expo in November. The arca rail is definitely a question I have for them for my Jae100. I also need a new recoil pad. I really like that pad I hope a replacement l like the original will be available.

IMO, all JAE's (OG and MDT) are great chassis but miss one important piece.....an adjustable butt pad for height, cant, and LOP.

But JAE's aren't the only ones, I believe.

And...someone correct me...but I can't think of a chassis that has lateral adjustment (L/R, right?) on the comb. Up/Down...yeah, that's become common. L/R, however, allows the shooter to bump the comb over toward their on hand (firing hand) side so as to be able to center the eye in the scope without any head cant at all. Since our eyes are NOT on the extreme side of face (unless you are a toad), some amount of head cant is needed to center the eye in the ocular. I will say with the JAEs, the comb is rather thin in width so it doesn't space your face off the gun as much as a fatter comb on some stocks and chassis.

As for price...wow, so those on Altus are done up with really beautiful and cerakoted wonderfully, but by the time you add ARCA, bag rider, maybe a piece of PIC to mount (fill in the blank accessory) you are looking in the vicinity of $2,700 which will be, IMO, a high barrier to entry for many.

I have two OG JAEs and put on a thinner Kick-eeze pad to get a 1/2" of reduced LOP...and I would like another 1/2-1" but it is not to be with the OGs.

Reactions: kindabitey
AI usually have the most adjustability in the rear.

Reactions: Baron23
IMO, all JAE's (OG and MDT) are great chassis but miss one important piece.....an adjustable butt pad for height, cant, and LOP.

But JAE's aren't the only ones, I believe.

And...someone correct me...but I can't think of a chassis that has lateral adjustment (L/R, right?) on the comb. Up/Down...yeah, that's become common. L/R, however, allows the shooter to bump the comb over toward their on hand (firing hand) side so as to be able to center the eye in the scope without any head cant at all. Since our eyes are NOT on the extreme side of face (unless you are a toad), some amount of head cant is needed to center the eye in the ocular. I will say with the JAEs, the comb is rather thin in width so it doesn't space your face off the gun as much as a fatter comb on some stocks and chassis.

As for price...wow, so those on Altus are done up with really beautiful and cerakoted wonderfully, but by the time you add ARCA, bag rider, maybe a piece of PIC to mount (fill in the blank accessory) you are looking in the vicinity of $2,700 which will be, IMO, a high barrier to entry for many.

I have two OG JAEs and put on a thinner Kick-eeze pad to get a 1/2" of reduced LOP...and I would like another 1/2-1" but it is not to be with the OGs.
The ARC Xylo buttpad is adjustable up/ down and cant left/ right. LOP is close to
12.75 with quick adjustments to 14.5 (I think). The looks of it doesn’t suit everyone, though.

It’s a great chassis and obviously very solid. Mine is a long action mated to a surgeon 1086 Built by Altus When they were CORE. My only complaint is it can be fairly heavy by itself, and if you add all the other pieces to it as well… but generally that’s a great thing for many prs shooters and longer range Stability. It’s great to have choices and this one fits in nicely as something very different from my other rifles. Since this photo was taken, I added a red grip matching the nose art, the long Arca rail, Harris, butt pad extenders, and bag rider (Yes, more weight).

Robb

1EB539B4-9CCE-44EA-8F5B-5AD7BD5F1395.png

MDT
All KRG has an adapter that offers it
PDC Custom
XLR C4 buttstock
My KRG W3 + adapter lets me not only laterally adjust the riser but also unlocks diagonal adjustment of the cheek pad. Which may be dumb, but for some reason it works for me. I’m only shooting .204.

The point is there’s quite a bit of adjustment.