• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Possible New USO Reticle?

300WSM

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2004
WI
Just curious as to what some of you guys think of this reticle.

Backround- this reticle is designed off the pcmoa reticle with the same spacing (which is wide), same thin lines, same hash marks (with one small exception).

Hash marks main cross hairs - small marks = .5moa above and below the main line. For total 1moa length line. These are spaced at 1, 3, 7, 9, 11, 13...

medium hash marks are 1moa above and one below for total of 2moa length line. These are spaced at 2 4 6 8 12 14 16 18 22...

Large hash marks are 2moa above and below for a total of 4moa length line. These are spaced at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40.

Windage main lines - Go to 20moa and do not extend past that. idea being to remove some of the added lines that take up the sight picture.

Top elevation - goes to 5moa above the main windage line. Eliminated are the lines that extend to the edge. Again to free up the sight picture.

Down elevation - goes to 40.

Numbers - removed are the #s under the windage lines again to free up sight picture. The 10 20 30 40 #s on down elevation have been reduced in size by half

Ranging crosses - The point of making this reticle was to design something that 1. was not cluttered or "to busy". 2. The crosses are thin enough and spaced far enough so that they don't obstruct the sight picture. 3. extremely easy to count...in other words very easy to get to the cross you need to work off of for your hold over. 4. spaced close enough so that the user has close enough reference points to work off of.

The large crosses: lines are 1moa from the center point so the vertical line is 2moa lone and horizontal is 2moa long as well. For example the large cross at 10 elevation 5 windage has a verticle line that goes from 9moa to 11moa and a horizontal line that goes from 4 moa to 6moa.

The small crosses: Not fully sure yet on the specs but guessing they will be .25 to .5moa from center. so vertical line would be .5 to 1moa long same with horizontal. These are placed at 7.5 and 12.5 windage or in the middle. These are put where they are to fill in the gap yet be thin enough and small enough not to start to make the reticle look busy.

Important notes: this picture is at 22x. This reticle can be lighted. I've only done crosses on one side. They will be on both! If I have time I will fill in the other side.
smile.gif

Let me know what ya think and if you'd be up to choosing this reticle for your next USO build. Cost: I'm pretty sure the price would be close to in line with the rest of their reticles.

http://i49.tinypic.com/3325gzd.jpg stand alone picture that is larger.

3325gzd.jpg

Re: Possible New USO Reticle?

Just get a GEN 2 XR Reticle ... basically the same concept and they already have it, won't cost extra for development.

Gen_2_XR.jpg

gen 2 is mils and if you convert the + . 's to moa it's not even close to this. In many other respects it not even close.

Here is what a gen2 xr would look like converted to moa.

http://i50.tinypic.com/1id0cw.jpg

any input on this lovely friday night? I'm open to suggestions
smile.gif

Looks like a nice idea. I use the GENII XR and love it. To me the GENII XR does not feel to busy on the eyes.

Mike @ CST

300wsm could I ask why the dots & cross,s only are on the right side of the scope looks good so far. I do like the gen 2 but also like yours too its not quite as busy as the horus a good thing Kim

sorry did not understand the mini photo was what the gen 2 would look like in mils cant wait to see more photos as they say a 1000 words

if you go to that link above... http://i50.tinypic.com/1id0cw.jpg

and click on the picture to make it bigger once you do. This is the mil to moa conversion. For example the first + is at 1 mil elevation and .5mil windage. That is approx 4moa elevation and 2moa of windage. So that is where that cross is on my reticle. I only did the right side just to get an idea of what it the spacing in MOA would be like. (kinda surprised at how wide it is)