• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Post COVID Lockdown Ammo

JAS-SH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2020
Starting to run a bit low on ammo for my .22 Magnum trainer so I was really pleased that I was able to find some of the stuff my rifle likes.

So, I bought four boxes of 200 rounds of CCI A22 35 grain soft tip. Of course still double the price I was paying pre-lockdown but hey, I was out of that particular round. My rifle shoots most accurately with .30 Grain CCI VMAX, Hornady 30 grain VMAX and CCI A22 35 grain, in that order. The difference is not that much between them, they are all accurate.

Well, I went to the range today and shot some of the new, post COVID CCI 35 grain stuff. I shoot everything with the .22 mag at 100 yards. And today with the new ammo I was not even in the same zip code. Of course, I blamed myself. What the hell am I doing wrong! It was depressing. Groups were, well, in two zip codes. I gave up ready to chalk it up to something wrong with me.

Then I remembered that I had a box of pre-COVID CCI 30 grain VMAX in the bag. So what the hell and I proceeded to shoot five rounds of the stuff. Here's that group:

i-LSFZkKj-M.jpg

Not my best but respectable. Then I immediately went back to the CCI A22 stuff. Here's that group:

i-ssRxtcd-M.jpg

Whew! It's the AMMO!! Don't ask me why. Then when I got home I checked the lot numbers and there is a ray of sunlight here. The other three 200 round boxes are a different, newer lot. Really hoping that lot is better but CCI seems to be having problems with post COVID ammo....

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Best,

JAS

Last edited:
QC went out the window. Mass quantity to try and make a $ is a only concern.

With the raw materials being hard to get, I can't blame them for not tossing anything.

Reactions: JAS-SH and JKW70