• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Post Pics Of Your 5" Stainless 1911's

I'll bite at an opportunity to show this one off as Im pretty proud of it! :D Shoots wonderfully and not a single hiccup to date...

Dan Wesson Valor
VZ Alien Grips
Ed Brown Magwell & MSH
I paid about $1400 before aforementioned mods.

IMG_0803-small.jpg

edit: Im a little confused by your post...so I would just like to clarify. THIS PISTOL IS NOT FOR SALE.

Last edited:
Quit looking and buy a Kimber. If you haave enough money buy an Ed Brown, I have both and won't part with either one.

Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded SS ($750) with about $1200 in Springfield Armory Custom Shop work. **NOT FOR SALE**

5087658420_92fc5628ef_b.jpg

I have heard a lot of good things about Springfields. That one looks awesome!!!!

Nice Dan Wesson as well!

Don't want a Kimber.

Last edited:
Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded SS ($750) with about $1200 in Springfield Armory Custom Shop work. **NOT FOR SALE**

5087658420_92fc5628ef_b.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, what work did you have SACS do? And how different is it, from say the SA Tactical Response Pistol (TRP)?
The reason I ask is that I've had a TRP for several years and have done work on it and installed mostly 10-8 Performance parts. I will post a photo when I can, but I have three 5" SS .45, none of which are for sale. The previously mentioned AA TRP, a S&W 1911 and I just bought a Para USA Black Ops P-14. Which, while SS it is black as that slide, fame ad arrel are treated with Ionbond. Pictures soon.

SACS did the following work: Heavy Melt Job (dehorning), blended the magwell, 20lpi frontstrap checkering, undercut trigger guard, adjust trigger to 4lbs., fit the slide to receiver, FBI style Slide release, GI style recoil spring and plug, refinished entire gun in Nickel-Teflon.

I was fortunate I had this work done in 2007 right before they did a major price update for all custom work.

4862031785_dd09790f08_z.jpg

4862024239_76ca806d48_z.jpg

4862038413_85fcea297d_z.jpg

4862648680_c20667fb4d_z.jpg

Last edited:
That is one sweet-ass Springfield! I used to have a Springfield Loaded SS, and mine wasn't nearly as cool looking as that one. I thought about having it sent to their custom shop, but this was last year, and prices were plenty higher. The nickel-teflon coating steals the show!

I recommend Springfield Armory for two reasons. 1 - Custom Shop can do just about anything you ask them. 2 - Any work SACS does (including finish) is a lifetime warranty.

OP - I recommend starting with Springfield Range Officer then send it to SACS when you have more money to get custom work done.

I recommend Springfield Armory for two reasons. 1 - Custom Shop can do just about anything you ask them. 2 - Any work SACS does (including finish) is a lifetime warranty.

OP - I recommend starting with Springfield Range Officer then send it to SACS when you have more money to get custom work done.

Hard to beat the range officer for the specs and price, but it doesn't come in a stainless finish to the best of my knowledge.

They are about to have my black stainless target for some work. I'll see if I can find a picture of it. Pretty sure they don't make that BST model anymore either and it was replaced with the Trophy Match.

They (SACS) have done 3 other 1911's that I have. My favorite being my Colt, basically a Springer Profesional in a Colt series 70 frame and slide. It's a stainless model as well but opted for the Black T finish.

Here's my own 1911. It's a Springfield Loaded Target in black stainless. Trijicon sights, high speed adjustable trigger @ 3.5lbs, match barrel, and enlarged magazine well.

de9u4uhu.jpg

This my last build I did.

- Caspian frame
- Colt national match slide/barrel
- Hard fit Briley bushing
- Ed Brown small parts
- STI short trigger

I run a 10# recoil spring for pooter 200 grain SWC bullets at 650 fps. Shoots like a dream and feeds anything. I also run a mag well, but at the moment it's off.
anuvaquj.jpg

maqaqagy.jpg

9are2e9u.jpg
y4agataj.jpg