• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Post some loads for the AI AW

Re: Post some loads for the AI AW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nolo263</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> With any bullet and powder!!!

ONLY LOADS FOR THE AI AW!!! </div></div>

May want to check out the reloading section. There are plenty threads on that. Good luck.

A friend of mine ran this OCW study and posted his complete results. Note most people shoot OCW test at 100 yds, he shot this test at 300 yd. his load he settled on shot .697x .219 before refining the seating depth. It is 47.9 Varget in a Lapua case 155L bullet. NOTE this is for his lot of Varget in an AI chamber, work up very carefully it has not shown any over pressure indicators but its near te top.

If you are not very familar with OCW method, you need to be before using this information.
http://practicalrifler.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=862

Do you know the O.A.L.? I tried the 155 scenars in my rifle but they would not shoot but I did not take them up that fast. I will try them again..

Thanks

I drive the 155 scenars in my AIAW. Here is my recipe.
Lapua brass
Fed 210
Varget 47.4 grains (hot load--please work up accordingly)
COAL-2.910"

MV about 3000 fps.

HMMM I guess that was my problem for sure, I was not pushing them fast enough..

Thanks guys I will definately try again.

The magic number for MV is about 2950 fps.

I use the 155Gr Scenars as well and have gotten MOA and better accuracy with them out to 300 yds. I am in the process of painting my auto-poppers and will take them out to the shilouette range that goes out to 500 yds. The poppers have a 4" circle for the main impact area so it will be interesting to see the results and how often I can hit them. One thing to note is I am a far worse shot than the rifle but have been working on improving my shooting. I have three to four reloads on the four different sets of 100 I have and have only been neck sizing using Redding Comp Dies.

Receipt:
Lapua Brass
CCI BR2 Primers
46.5Gr Varget
155Gr Scenar
COAL: 2.900