• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder funnels

What powder funnel?

• Area 419 Funnels

• Extreme Hardcore Gear Funnels

• Cheapest one you can find

• Other (please list)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Peter Laurvick

‘Merica!
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2017
Jacksonville, NC
I’m use to reloading bulk ammo on a progressive. Starting to reload for precision. Will be loading for 300Win Mag, .223 Win and 300Blackout primarily with 6.5 Grendel down the road. RCBS Chargemaster will be throwing charges.

I’m looking into Area 419 Powder Funnels or Extreme Hardcore Gear Funnels. Or am I digging too deep and should just buy the $5 one at the nearest store?

I have saturns and Area419...both are great but if your going to reload all those calibers your better off getting the Area419 kit vs $30 each for the Saturn funnels.

That's what I was thinking when I ordered an Area 419 partial set a few weeks ago, then MK Machine came out with their much cheaper set.

Oh well, I like billet aluminum. No point in switching now.

Satern has worked well for me, i use a 6.5 funnel for both 6mm and 6.5, 419 looks like a great option though. But how nice does a funnel need to be? as long as its metal and gets the powder into the case.

The plain old RCBS plastic funnel has worked for me for more years than I care to remember. Static is not a problem if you wash it in a strong dish soap or wipe it out with a dryer sheet. I have a Saturn, mostly because I have some $150-$250 die sets, a concentric tool, tubing micrometer, neck turning tools, ect, prolly some more stuff, and thought I needed an expensive funnel. And it works! No better than the cheap plastic RCBS funnel, but it works!

Reactions: OzTRG
21st century with 10" drop tube for 6 Dasher, Extreme for the rest.

I've been using the red plastic one that came in the Lee Anniversary kit I bought in 1994 and haven't really seen any reason to upgrade.

I made a 21" drop tube for it from one of my Easton Axis 330 arrows that I split the end on, put a 2 series o-ring on the end and it fits the funnel tight and stays in place.

Are the machined aluminum funnels any better or just bench bling ?

Bling! I was using the see through green RCBS one for 30 years, then got board with it...

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Another vote for Satern. The Area 419 kit is very nice, but I bought a Satern for every caliber I reload and I spent around half of what Area 419 is asking for their set. I'd take a look at the new set from MK Machining, too.

Last edited:
I have the 419 funnel system and it's nice as hell. Bench bling maybe... but it sure does work good.

21st Century. I wanted a long drop tube, especially for .223. Needed to use anti-static wipes to make them work right.

Im new to reloading (so take it for what its worth), and just doing 308, but I can't imagine anything being an upgrade to my powder funnel. Im using a Lee Challenger kit pretty much, except I added a digital scale. There are 5 or six widgets I would like to get to speed up the process or make it more precise... an upgraded powder funnel isn't even on the radar.

I started off using the plastic RCBS powder funnels and I was fighting the static cling on every single pour. I thought it was just something we have to deal with so I never thought of it till I seen the Area 419 and thought it was pretty spiffy. My wife bought me the set as a gift and on my very first pour I was all happy. Loading can be a repetitive bore so anything that adds something positive to me is worth it.

MTM Universal. If you don't like the fit or flow, use a drill bit and you have a custom funnel set for $11.99

I can't help wondering why some of us have static issues while others, like me, don't. Is it climate, humidity, floor covering, bench surface? Just curious I guess? My bench top is stained wood, my loading room floor is vinal and everyone knows Arkansas is pretty humid.

High humidity does reduce static. If you load in an air conditioned area, you may not have as much humidity as you think. I know how to produce static but I don’t know how to get rid of it.