• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Midway has BR2's in stock as right now.
Yeah but they are 163 /1000 all in. That's a lot. I may have to if I get low enough and I may regret not getting some but that one brick limit with all the fees and shipping is a killer. Thanks though, I had it in my cart and was going to but I didn't.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Herb Stoner
I started out paying $9.99 from local brick and mortar shops. No mail order of components back when I started.

I can't bring myself to pay 133 bucks before tax and shipping for 1000 primers.
Hell, I remember primers being 15 bucks for 1000.

Reactions: Jas1984$
What ever happened with that whole bulk imported primer venture? that would have matured nicely right about now.
When Theis asked about interest in this he was thinking people would be ordering at least 100000 primers each, so when 500 guys said I'll take 1000 and I'll take 5000 he realized it would be a logistical nightmare and shit canned it (as far as a group thing)

When Theis asked about interest in this he was thinking people would be ordering at least 100000 primers each, so when 500 guys said I'll take 1000 and I'll take 5000 he realized it would be a logistical nightmare and shit canned it (as far as a group thing)
Lol, who the eff orders 100k primers at once?

I hope fear of logistics was not the reason. I mean how hard is it to find somone who can put a box in a box and print a shipping label? Thats like the basics of small parts business. I could do it in my garage after my regular 9 to 5.

Lol, who the eff orders 100k primers at once?

I hope fear of logistics was not the reason. I mean how hard is it to find somone who can put a box in a box and print a shipping label? Thats like the basics of small parts business. I could do it in my garage after my regular 9 to 5.
So you would look through 10000 messages find the contact info print ten thousand labels. Get 10000 boxes and package them then arrange shipping all on your dime cause you were trying to do a solid? Because he was talking about ordering millions of primers.

Reactions: SWgeezer
So you would look through 10000 messages find the contact info print ten thousand labels. Get 10000 boxes and package them then arrange shipping all on your dime cause you were trying to do a solid? Because he was talking about ordering millions of primers.
Wtf are you talking about? Its a business venture... for a profit. Nobody said anything about doing it for charity. Each box that went out would be money in the bank. Even If I made $10 a box thats $100k so yes I would.

I would be down to do 10k or maybe a little more,, of primers if we could get em cheaper but I couldn't do 100k of em. Sure would be cool if we could though.

30k once a year was my normal order before all this. I would easily stretch that to 100k if I knew what I know now.
I had said I’d buy 20k from their since I wasn’t sure I’d ever have need for a stockpile that big.

Well at the start of the pandemic I had gotten 20k when I could and prices weren’t yet so outrageous and am going through them faster than ever before. I’d gladly get 100k too now.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I had said I’d buy 20k from their since I wasn’t sure I’d ever have need for a stockpile that big.

Well at the start of the pandemic I had gotten 20k when I could and prices weren’t yet so outrageous and am going through them faster than ever before. I’d gladly get 100k too now.
I feel sure between myself and my buddy we would buy 100k primers if we could get em cheaper. If it's .05-.075 each or something like that I would do it.

BERGER 6 mm 105 Grain Hybrid Target Rifle Bullet​

Part# 24433

in stock at Midway right now.. 2 box limit get it while you can

I just got 16 lbs of powder at PV. Problem is I somehow got 8 of those lbs in H1000 (didn’t mean to). The other 8lbs was H4350 (which I needed).

I don’t own a 7mm or a 300WM or blackout.

Don’t know how I did that. 610$ for 16 lbs of powder is crazy but both powders are in demand.

Soooo, when I get the H1000 I’ll be looking to trade for something.

Sucks it has to be local but I post a WTT thread when it’s in hand

Uggghhhh. And yeah no I’m not gonna have them take it off my order. I’ll just keep it if I have to.

I just got 16 lbs of powder at PV. Problem is I somehow got 8 of those lbs in H1000 (didn’t mean to). The other 8lbs was H4350 (which I needed).

Don’t know how I did that. 610$ for 16 lbs of powder is crazy but both powders are in demand.

Uggghhhh. And yeah no I’m not gonna have them take it off my order. I’ll just keep it if I have to.

Where are you located?

Pmd

IMR 3031, 4064, 4198, 4350, Varget, H4896, H335, Lil Gun, TAC, and some others in stock at Powder Valley.
Gave up on Varget for now. Tried for 30 minutes and couldn’t. Once I saw TAC available, I grabbed 5lbs and called that good enough. Thanks for the heads up.

Ok funny guys, back on topic.

Brownells has both #34 and #41 primers available. Limit 2 as usual but if you need both SR and LR here's your chance.

Reactions: Rebel Rooster
Ok funny guys, back on topic.

Brownells has both #34 and #41 primers available. Limit 2 as usual but if you need both SR and LR here's your chance.

What are these like? I've never used them

Are they just like a magnum?

From Brownells website. Thicker cup methinks to prevent slam fires.

"Military-style semi-auto rifles seldom have firing pin retraction springs. If care is not used in assembling ammunition, a “slam-fire” can occur before the bolt locks. The military arsenals accomplish this using different techniques and components—including different primer sensitivity specifications—from their commercial counterparts. CCI makes rifle primers for commercial sale that matches military sensitivity specs that reduce the chance of a slam-fire when other factors go out of control. If you’re reloading for a military semi-auto, look to CCI Military primers.

Effective slam-fire prevention requires more than special primers. Headspace, chamber condition, firing pin shape and protrusion, bolt velocity, cartridge case condition, and other factors can affect slam-fire potential."

• Mil-spec sensitivity
  • Initiator mix optimized for ball/spherical propellants
  • Use the same data as CCI Magnum primers

They are good primers. I use them in semi autos because it is my habit to, but I'd have no problem using them in bolt rifles either.
Well, I'm going to give em a a shot.... ha ha ha.....

They are really just going to be back ups for if I run out. Thanks for the heads up and info fellas!

Choid, have you ever compared these 34's with BR2 or 200 and seen how it effected your load?

Well, I'm going to give em a a shot.... ha ha ha.....

They are really just going to be back ups for if I run out. Thanks for the heads up and info fellas!

Choid, have you ever compared these 34's with BR2 or 200 and seen how it effected your load?
Funny you ask, because I did this weekend with 204 Ruger. My identical load is 3820 with CCI 41s, and 3780 with Winchester SRP. I didn't check against other CCI primers, though. I generally get the same velocities with WSRP and 200s.

FWIW, and I don't know if this goes for others, I have a hard time getting low SDs in 223 bolt face cartridges. On the other hand, I don't work too hard at it because they aren't things I shoot out all that far, but I consistently get mid 20s in 223 bolt face, and 4-9 or so in 308 and larger bolt face. I mention that because the 41s give me better SDs than 400s in general.

Ack, now I see you are asking about 34s. My experiences have been good with them as well, but I have less data as I load and shoot less large frame semi auto.

Reactions: camocorvette
Funny you ask, because I did this weekend with 204 Ruger. My identical load is 3820 with CCI 41s, and 3780 with Winchester SRP. I didn't check against other CCI primers, though. I generally get the same velocities with WSRP and 200s.

FWIW, and I don't know if this goes for others, I have a hard time getting low SDs in 223 bolt face cartridges. On the other hand, I don't work too hard at it because they aren't things I shoot out all that far, but I consistently get mid 20s in 223 bolt face, and 4-9 or so in 308 and larger bolt face. I mention that because the 41s give me better SDs than 400s in general.

Ack, now I see you are asking about 34s. My experiences have been good with them as well, but I have less data as I load and shoot less large frame semi auto.
I tested the same load with cci br2 and WLRP and it gave me the exact same group, speed, group shape even. I haven't tested anything else.

Thanks. sorry folks... now back to your regularly scheduled powder and primer updates

Thought I seen 209's at midway yesterday. So they must have just ran a batch. Probably be popping up for a bit