• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

I'll be the guinea pig. Just ordered some H4350, I'll let you know. However, shipping is calculated AFTER you pay. So I'm cautiously not optimistic.

EDIT: I see some other folks verified their legitimacy...guess I'll be alright!

UPDATE: Shipping + HAZMAT was $45 and I received tracking info by the end of day yesterday. Overall, I'm pleased with Third Gen Shooting Supplies.

Reactions: HolmesDefense
Third Gen is good to go. They don't get powder or primers very often, but they do get plenty of quality brass and are a good option in that area.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
The only problem is sorting through the sites that pop up when you do a search for 3rd Generation shooting supply
Thanks again for the encouragement guys on them being legit. I got my shipping confirmation from Gene and powder is in the mail. Looks like another great place to buy stuff.

At least there doesn't seam to be any limit, other that the cost. To bad their on hand powder selection is limited,depending on what you reload for.
TIMK 311. FYI, that's the going price for most Alliance rifle powders. The price difference between , say RL 15, 16 or 17 and and Hodgdon or IMR powders is about a nickle pre load , depending on what you reload for.
Like being married, you want to play, you gotta pay, or stay single and find different play grounds.

Reactions: HolmesDefense
At least there doesn't seam to be any limit, other that the cost. To bad their on hand powder selection is limited,depending on what you reload for.
TIMK 311. FYI, that's the going price for most Alliance rifle powders. The price difference between , say RL 15, 16 or 17 and and Hodgdon or IMR powders is about a nickle pre load , depending on what you reload for.
Like being married, you want to play, you gotta pay, or stay single and find different play grounds.
Only recently have they jacked their prices up way high.
I’ll stick with Accurate and Ramshot powders now for $28-$35 per lb to still be able to play on the playground

Reactions: Edgecrusher

Jump into the refresh rodeo

Ok, so here's a weird one. Got a notification that H4895 was in stock at Powder Valley. Rushed right over to their site and tried to put a pound in my cart. Did the "check back in 10 minutes...9 minutes..8 minutes" dance until it finally went into my cart. Hurried up and entered my card info and finalized the order. It churned and churned for a couple of minutes and kicked an error message saying the powder was out of stock. Crap, I thought. All of a sudden an email came through saying my order had been received. Then the website churned another minute and boom! It updated saying 'order received'. I checked my card company and the charge is pending. Soooo, I guess now I have to wait to see if I get a shipping notice.

Ugh, this is killing me!! LOL! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just scored 500 (two 250's) of the previously unobtainium Berger LRHT 30-Cal 220's at Powder Valley ... that was a surprise. Had 'em on backorder elsewhere (Creedmoor) for almost a year. Berger must have done a run of them because they briefly came into stock at MidSouth (missed 'em there) and then at Powder Valley (got 'em there) ... expect to see them next at Creedmoor and Midway if we're lucky. My 300-PRC LOVES these pills so I'm stocking up before they go "Extinct" again.

Last edited:
I'm guessing one of the workers stumbled across a pound of RL 26 way back in a dark spot in the warehouse and they put it on the site to watch all of us scramble for that one pound can for entertainment value...
Sadistic Bastards !!!

Reactions: Jaybird 220
Gotta wonder do they just not make much of it or does it get used in a bunch of magnum factory ammo?

Still available...

Just scored 500 (two 250's) of the previously unobtainium Berger LRHT 30-Cal 220's at Powder Valley ... that was a surprise. Had 'em on backorder elsewhere (Creedmoor) for almost a year. Berger must have done a run of them because they briefly came into stock at MidSouth (missed 'em there) and then at Powder Valley (got 'em there) ... expect to see them next at Creedmoor and Midway if we're lucky. My 300-PRC LOVES these pills so I'm stocking up before they go "Extinct" again.
Got another 250 of 'em at OTM ... they're still showing "In Stock" there.

Reactions: category_theory

Still available...
These are still in stock tonight. That's nice to see.

I picked up 1,200 Federal GMM 210M primers today at my local Academy store.

Am I brain farting or did Target Sports USA come down $50 on their primer prices? 5k CCI 400 and 450’s are $549. I think they were at $599.

I've had Berger 30-cal 220-grain LRHT bullets on backorder at Creedmoor Sports for over a year ... they've truly been "unobtainium". Now they've popped up at Midsouth, Powder Valley, Blue Collar, and elsewhere. Everyplace but the spot where I have them backordered. I've sufficiently stocked up now to feed my 300-PRC Barrett MRAD for the next year or so ... probably time to cancel that Creedmoor Sports year-old backorder. It's just weird how Berger seems to make these in "Calendar Runs" and then they disappear for the next year, almost demanding "hoarding" ... although I've decided it's not hoarding if it's something I really want. Same "batch processing" issue with the 6.5 140's that I feed my 6.5-CM rifles. You'd think they'd tool their manufacturing for a steady rate of demand, but it appears to be "Build a Bunch and Stop". It figures these should show up right after I retooled everything for Hornady 225's ... now I get to re-re-tool back to Berger 220's. I know ... I know ... 1st World Problems ... I get it.

1659466381660.png

I've had Berger 30-cal 220-grain LRHT bullets on backorder at Creedmoor Sports for over a year ... they've truly been "unobtainium". Now they've popped up at Midsouth, Powder Valley, Blue Collar, and elsewhere. Everyplace but the spot where I have them backordered. I've sufficiently stocked up now to feed my 300-PRC Barrett MRAD for the next year or so ... probably time to cancel that Creedmoor Sports year-old backorder. It's just weird how Berger seems to make these in "Calendar Runs" and then they disappear for the next year, almost demanding "hoarding" ... although I've decided it's not hoarding if it's something I really want. Same "batch processing" issue with the 6.5 140's that I feed my 6.5-CM rifles. You'd think they'd tool their manufacturing for a steady rate of demand, but it appears to be "Build a Bunch and Stop". It figures these should show up right after I retooled everything for Hornady 225's ... now I get to re-re-tool back to Berger 220's. I know ... I know ... 1st World Problems ... I get it.

View attachment 7925013
Hahaha I did the same! Then I thought…. I think I just bought the barrel life of my current rig!

for those looking for it in the Delmarva area millers gun shop has varget and 4895 as well as imr 4350 and others in stock and a lot of it at 43.95 per lb shame no 8lbers but it is what it is .there web page is was told to check on friday for primers they may have some .

FEDERAL AMMO Large Magnum Rifle Primer 1000rd​

Reactions: ma smith
Again. Not powder but haven’t seen Sierra Match King .338 300gr in a while

Reactions: OkieMike