• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

It’s been great to finally see powder coming back in stock but what’s taking the primers so long? 215M’s have been impossible to find for two years
Limited quantities show up briefly.

Just a theory and I may be way off the mark. But since primers are still essentially hand made, I wonder if they only produce large rifle magnum primers when they're running the ammunition that uses them... Which seems to be only once/twice a year.

Just spitballing.

Mike

It’s been great to finally see powder coming back in stock but what’s taking the primers so long? 215M’s have been impossible to find for two years
Military industrial complex is currently busy withorders, look at lapua. There's starting to be reports that .mil was preparing about a year in advance of the whole thinkg getting kicked off. Mil-spec #34 are magnum-spec primer compounds for the cold weather reliability. Could be a coincidence, or could be part of the explanation....

I heard from people at shot show - and I don’t know about the reliability of the sources - that all the RETUMBO is going to military orders. WHICH WOULD COMPORT WITH THE ABOVE POST. I NOTICED MY 8 POUND JUG IS GETTING A LITTLE LOW. FORTUNATELY, 8 POUNDS GOES A LONG WAY FOR 338 LAPPULA.

GM205M

GM205MAR

Reactions: DIBBS
GM205M

GM205MAR

Awesome guy to deal with too. These things have been tough for many to find for a while now.

Reactions: bobke and DIBBS

Reactions: TicTacTex
20230218_181244.jpg

Bought powder and primers Thursday night. Told me it would be here Tuesday, got it Monday a day early. Wow! Will buy there again!

Reactions: Balor and ma smith
great. Just as I considered it unobtanium, RL15 is now popping up everywhere. It was a needed change however, bc RL15 is just tooooo temp sensitive for my long range loads. VARGET and AR-Comp have now filled what a short while ago was the RL15 void

RL19 5lbs

N555 8lbs (price is ouch, but good stuff hard to find lately)

GM205MAR (good price for unobtanium)

RL 15

AR Comp

RL22

Been in stock for a couple days... guess I will find out how the ES/SD is with same , and understand they may be a little larger in diameter than 205's/450s

Been in stock for a couple days... guess I will find out how the ES/SD is with same , and understand they may be a little larger in diameter than 205's/450s

American Reloading has 3 cases left at $349 a case, free shipping & hazmat.

Reactions: DIBBS
Creedmoor sports has Berger Factory ammo on sale for $39/box, even the140 Hybrids, loaded into lapua brass....
NB these prices are at or below current available component costs...

Yup, it's shown up a few times recently, but goes pretty quickly. Just keep an eye on this thread.

Reactions: rockchalk06
This showed up in my YouTube feed a while ago. I know nothing of the guy or his channel... But the scuttlebutt is that EXP Ammo in Texas is up, running, and primers should be on the market soon.

Mike

Interesting. Although, after watching a couple of those 'how its made' video on primers, primer-making process was suprising basic and had more handwork than you would think just looking at it.

Reactions: ma smith
No affiliation, but this is a good deal. Just ordered some with good comms.

8lbs

1lbs

Reactions: TicTacTex
8lbs

1lbs
Thanks for your efforts to keep us in the hunt-snagged an 8 of AR Comp.