• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Can you share a link? Any of the ones listed here are expired.
I don't remember what the name of the group is. Someone here should though. It's been a while since I have used it but it's the only way I could get some things for a while there. It will work.

Anyone got the Discord channel or whatever for the bot or whatever it is that updates info so fast when the powder hits the websites?

Reactions: Jnull
I mean I ordered feom phone just log into your account on the website and checkout
Probably best not to be driving one handed while continuously refreshing the website…but worth it for cheap powder and Bergers

I don't remember what the name of the group is. Someone here should though. It's been a while since I have used it but it's the only way I could get some things for a while there. It will work.

Anyone got the Discord channel or whatever for the bot or whatever it is that updates info so fast when the powder hits the websites?
Screenshot_20240221_140234_Discord.jpg

There is no invite link. I did not have one. I created an account and used the search function for reloading and set all the functions I wanted. Been running for 3ish years now.

There is no invite link. I did not have one. I created an account and used the search function for reloading and set all the functions I wanted. Been running for 3ish years now.

I don’t know discord very well but nothing comes up searching reloading or RLD. But from reading a little bit it seems some servers can’t be joined without an invitation and I assume this is now one of them.

I'm logged on to it but it says I don't have permission to invite.

Varget 63 a lb

That’s what I paid at the LGS and thought it was way high compared to Hodgdon and especially some of the bigger mail order shops. But not to worry fellows….I have it good account that the economy miracles we have been seeing and are about to see, will find our income going up at double the inflation rate, with retroactive funds, probably in the mail….

Don’t hold your breath. Still, I would buy what I can from the LGS whatever they are charging when I am actually in that part of Louisiana. Its a long ways away actually, but no one else but Simmon’s in Bastrop sells reloading supplies in North Central and North East Louisiana. And when you look up Way Over Priced in the dictionary, it says, see Simmon’s.

• Haha
Reactions: southernpew
Yikes...$419/keg at Hogdon for That Varget (not in stock)...
so even in bulk its $52+tax, shipping, hazmat...

That's up from about $330-ish street price in Q3 '23,
although Hogdon tries no to compete with its retailers.

Checked Academy for Large Rifle Primers this morning. Ordered 3k and more were still in stock. This was in the OKC area

You have to select all the notifications you wish to receive. Powder, primers, projectiles etc. Then just follow your instock notifications

Midsouth Shooters sent me another free hazmat for orders $99. Un fortunately they have not much to offer vs what I use.

Did some checking around the internet about where powders are manufactured. This, of course plays, into our prices and political regulation in the country they are made. I'm always asking why? And this answered some of my why. I do hate getting a very accurate load only to not find that powder anymore. i.e. H4895

Article was done I believe sometime in 2019. So some of the info may have changed. Verified parts of it from other sources. Thought you might find it interesting concerning the recent run up in prices and loss of some powders. Looks like Swedish powder is now more affordable

"
St, Marks Florida. It's the onetime Olin Corp plant, now part of General Dynamics. It makes double-based ball powders only or those (Such as Hodgdon Hybrid 100V and some Alliant types) using the same slurry / distillation based process.

All Winchester and Hodgdon ball / 'spherical' grades are supplied by St. Marks as are nearly all propellants used in US military small arms ammo, the US government having decided way back in the 1950s with 7.62 adoption that this type would be the norm, sniper and special purpose ammo aside.

Ramshot / Accurate ball powder comes from PB Clermont in Belgium. Hodgdon extruded grades and IMR-8208 XBR from Thales / ADI in Mulwala, NSW, Australia. Other than 8208 XBR, IMR extruded rifle powders are also made by a General Dynamics Corp owned plant in Valleyfield, Ontario, Canada. (Hodgdon owns the IMR brand name and marketing rights IIRC.) This plant also makes some Accurate brand extruded numbers. All Vihtavuori powders come from the town of that name in Finland.

Alliant 'Reloder' extruded grades were all made by Bofors in Sweden until a few years ago, but some recent additions such as Re17 and Re33 are sourced from Nitrochemie Wimmins AG in Switzerland. Alliant has also started using spherical grades from St. Marks.

Health & Safety and the EPA is the primary reason that all extruded powders are made outside of the USA. Ball types manufacture uses non-inflammable / explosive slurries with material piped between processes until the little balls are distilled out at a late stage for chemical treatments and grading. This method also allows old out of date propellants to be recycled alongside fresh ingredients reducing costs.

Extruded powders start by dissolving cellulose in powerful acids, a dangerous exothermic process and whose products are immediately highly explosive and inflammable, then further inherently dangerous processes and solvents are used to convert 'guncotton' into usable propellants. Many of the materials used are corrosive and toxic, likewise creating waste and pollution issues that have to be dealt with nowadays, not just dumped into waste ground or rivers as would once have been done.

All this makes the manufacture of this type inherently riskier which in this day and age is also much more expensive. A guy in the handloading powder business stated years ago that the EPA hadn't banned extruded powder manufacture, but its regulations were so onerous that any such produced in the country, (USA), would be so expensive, nobody would buy them.

Extruded propellants are widely manufactured in Europe still, although many older plants have closed over the last 20-30 years. None at all are manufactured in the USA since the DuPont Corporation firstly moved propellant production to Canada then later sold that operation. No doubt, the American military's decision to switch to ball propellants was a major influence here as military demand is the largest single component of many explosive manufacturers' business. Nevertheless, the US market for sporting ammunition and her industry's manufacturing outputs probably exceeds all of that of Europe combined.

Yes, I know Europe has high safety and environmental standards - the UK has not manufactured propellants since the ICI Nobel plant in Scotland closed in the late 1980s or early 1990s. However, there is a big difference between having exacting regulations and having such that are so onerous that there might as well be a complete ban which is what my contacts in the American handloading powders business have told me about the EPA's attitudes to manufacturing this (extruded) form.

One area where the EC is becoming more restrictive than the US is fast appearing though. That is the EC REACH program which is steadily evaluating every chemical used and identifying risks to human health, then legally forcing their replacements with safer alternatives.

It is known that some traditional chemical burning rate deterrents and other such behavior modifiers long used in small arms propellants are deemed to be in the dangerous category, so many long established powders are now living on borrowed time. A little commented on element of the blurb about the new IMR Enduron powders is that they are 'environmentally friendly'. It actually goes a bit further than that as many existing powders will not be allowed to be sold in EC countries in a very few years time, nor will ammunition loaded with them. General Dynamics / IMR is getting itself geared up to this challenge with its new products. Once the new regulations start to apply no older long established IMR grades will be compliant, that also applying to many other makes. I don't know how this affects many existing European manufacturers other than Nitrochemie whose powders are already compliant, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this doesn't sound the death knell for some as there is substantially more capacity than demand for powders, given the lack of wartime requirements, but western governments have long since stopped worrying about that.

So far at any rate, there seems to be no US equivalent to REACH in this field, so many older propellants will continue to be sold in this market, likewise loaded ammunition.?

That’s what I paid at the LGS and thought it was way high compared to Hodgdon and especially some of the bigger mail order shops. But not to worry fellows….I have it good account that the economy miracles we have been seeing and are about to see, will find our income going up at double the inflation rate, with retroactive funds, probably in the mail….

Don’t hold your breath. Still, I would buy what I can from the LGS whatever they are charging when I am actually in that part of Louisiana. Its a long ways away actually, but no one else but Simmon’s in Bastrop sells reloading supplies in North Central and North East Louisiana. And when you look up Way Over Priced in the dictionary, it says, see Simmon’s.

I'm from that area, and you are 100% spot on. Simmons is INSANE. Still never have spent a dime in that store. Diamond Gun has a few items, TP Outdoors (Monroe store) has a few items still, and Spotted Dog just north of Columbia carries powders at reasonable prices.

I'm from that area, and you are 100% spot on. Simmons is INSANE. Still never have spent a dime in that store. Diamond Gun has a few items, TP Outdoors (Monroe store) has a few items still, and Spotted Dog just north of Columbia carries powders at reasonable prices.
Diamond is where I go to. Terry and his family have always treated me perfect. When I worked in Monroe, it was easy to get to. Now, retired, it is a trip to get there, and normally don’t stop unless I am on my way back from Prince. Which is also quite a trip but well worth it. Decades ago, my first job was in Oak Grove and the people were so nice there, I always kicked myself for leaving.

Reactions: southernpew
Diamond is where I go to. Terry and his family have always treated me perfect. When I worked in Monroe, it was easy to get to. Now, retired, it is a trip to get there, and normally don’t stop unless I am on my way back from Prince. Which is also quite a trip but well worth it. Decades ago, my first job was in Oak Grove and the people were so nice there, I always kicked myself for leaving.

Prince is also where I go to shoot. I only recently discovered they have a website, which I can lookup when they have matches going on. Wasted quite a few weekends driving up there just to turn around and go home because there are 100 people out there.

Diamond Gun is my spot. Ms Kathy and that family have always treated me the best.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
Check your local Academy if you need LRP. I'm picking up a bunch of CCI 200s from my local store for in store pickup in 20 minutes.

and confirmed in stock in store, order picked up. Left a bunch sitting on the shelf for others.

Last edited:
Check your local Academy if you need LRP. I'm picking up a bunch of CCI 200s from my local store for in store pickup in 20 minutes.

and confirmed in stock in store, order picked up. Left a bunch sitting on the shelf for others.
Do all academy's have em or normally have them anyway? I'm going to go check ours out.

Do all academy's have em or normally have them anyway? I'm going to go check ours out.
I have not seen them in my local one forever. So naturally jumped on this. Would suggest the same if you need them. You can check stock on the website and see if it’s available for local store pickup today.

This is the shooting bot alert system also, for anyone who didn't get it that really needs to find some powder.

This is what I’ve used. I buy a lot less than you guys but I’ve been able to get rl26 and magnum primers in the past few months using shooting bots telegram notifications

IMG_0420.png
IMG_0421.png

Less chit chat, more in-stock notifications!

And because every time I do this, people give me shit for not posting a notification, so here you go:

I don't think this is chit chat but if so I won't do it again so just say so.

Academy did have some primers but only pistol. They had some 1lb powder and 4350 was $50/lb

Consider this partially a powder in stock post, and partially a pricing awareness post...

I think Alliant has found the price at which people are no longer willing to buy powder.

Powder Valley is still sitting on 267 8# jugs of RL16 at $475/ea, and they had 283 8# jugs in stock the evening of 2/18. That means they've only moved 16 jugs in about 5 days, which is crazy slow IMO... and they have no purchase limits per customer on RL16 (or AR-Comp for that matter) other than the 50# daily limit.

Meanwhile, Powder Valley still has lots of H4350 in stock at $390 for 8#-- but with a daily limit per customer of 2x 8# jugs.

Also, I see several vendors jumped their price this week on CCI 450s from $85/1k to about $100/1k. I bought a bunch of 450s just last weekend for $85/1k with free shipping and hazmat, and that same vendor is now out of stock but showing $99/1k for 450s.

Miwall still has 13x CCI 450s in stock for $86.50/1k as of this moment if anyone needs some.

Consider this partially a powder in stock post, and partially a pricing awareness post...

I think Alliant has found the price at which people are no longer willing to buy powder.
I’m only starting out on this journey, but that’s somewhat my reasoning for not stocking up on any of the VV powders in stock right now - they cost more than what my H1000 and H4350 stockpile cost. The price of Alliant is way beyond VV, I don’t shoot nearly well enough to justify whatever different Reloder powder might get me. I bought a single jug of RL16 on a whim last year, and I think it was around $50 less delivered than the retail prices I see.

PV, Bruno, Ultimate and more have VV565, 568, and 570 even.

Powder Valley is still sitting on 267 8# jugs of RL16 at $475/ea, and they had 283 8# jugs in stock the evening of 2/18. That means they've only moved 16 jugs in about 5 days, which is crazy slow IMO... and they have no purchase limits per customer on RL16 (or AR-Comp for that matter) other than the 50# daily limit.

Meanwhile, Powder Valley still has lots of H4350 in stock at $390 for 8#-- but with a daily limit per customer of 2x 8# jugs.

Also, I see several vendors jumped their price this week on CCI 450s from $85/1k to about $100/1k. I bought a bunch of 450s just last weekend for $85/1k with free shipping and hazmat, and that same vendor is now out of stock but showing $99/1k for 450s.

Miwall still has 13x CCI 450s in stock for $86.50/1k as of this moment if anyone needs some.
Is miwall trustworthy? I’ve always wondered about them.

Is miwall trustworthy? I’ve always wondered about them.

Yes. They're about an hour from me and have been a big commercial reloader for many, many years now, you could either go and buy straight from them in person at their facility or buy from one of the many gun shows they attend. Their parking lot sales they hold a couple times a year draw large crowds.

It's only within the last few years they've had their website up and running for selling reloading components, but the company has been around and turning out good quality reloads since I initially started shooting back around 1999, and they've been around long before I started.

Reactions: JTinMO