• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Consider this partially a powder in stock post, and partially a pricing awareness post...

I think Alliant has found the price at which people are no longer willing to buy powder.

Powder Valley is still sitting on 267 8# jugs of RL16 at $475/ea, and they had 283 8# jugs in stock the evening of 2/18. That means they've only moved 16 jugs in about 5 days, which is crazy slow IMO... and they have no purchase limits per customer on RL16 (or AR-Comp for that matter) other than the 50# daily limit.

Meanwhile, Powder Valley still has lots of H4350 in stock at $390 for 8#-- but with a daily limit per customer of 2x 8# jugs.

Also, I see several vendors jumped their price this week on CCI 450s from $85/1k to about $100/1k. I bought a bunch of 450s just last weekend for $85/1k with free shipping and hazmat, and that same vendor is now out of stock but showing $99/1k for 450s.

Miwall still has 13x CCI 450s in stock for $86.50/1k as of this moment if anyone needs some.
Is miwall trustworthy? I’ve always wondered about them.

Is miwall trustworthy? I’ve always wondered about them.

Yes. They're about an hour from me and have been a big commercial reloader for many, many years now, you could either go and buy straight from them in person at their facility or buy from one of the many gun shows they attend. Their parking lot sales they hold a couple times a year draw large crowds.

It's only within the last few years they've had their website up and running for selling reloading components, but the company has been around and turning out good quality reloads since I initially started shooting back around 1999, and they've been around long before I started.

Reactions: JTinMO
I agree. I love those kind of analysis.

The only good thing about it, and I’m hesitant to say this, is that when things are priced to match demand, you get a little bit of supply. And when you have a constant supply, you will stop the hoarding.

That solves a lot of problems for us honestly. I know guys that don’t even shoot that much who have enough powder to last them to mid century. Meanwhile, I’m scared to work up a load for RL 16 when I do find a pound because I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep a constant supply.

So yeah, the new normal prices suck but that’s how the rest of the economy works: prices are set so that supply and demand are relatively matched

Consider this partially a powder in stock post, and partially a pricing awareness post...

I think Alliant has found the price at which people are no longer willing to buy powder.

Powder Valley is still sitting on 267 8# jugs of RL16 at $475/ea, and they had 283 8# jugs in stock the evening of 2/18. That means they've only moved 16 jugs in about 5 days, which is crazy slow IMO... and they have no purchase limits per customer on RL16 (or AR-Comp for that matter) other than the 50# daily limit.

Miwall still has 13x CCI 450s in stock for $86.50/1k as of this moment if anyone needs some.

Yep, saw the prices and bought H4350 for a lot less.

Re16 8lbers

That is a damn good price for RL16 compared to everyone else right now... Wish I had known about that last week before I paid considerably more at Powder Valley. Looks like they have 50 8# jugs left at the moment, they should go pretty fast at that price, especially since H4350 is now going for about $390 for 8#.

NATCHEZ-link here

IMG_1615.jpeg

Attn : Pistol shooters , Price drop :

Bruno Shooters Supply - Price Dropped Notification​

Alliant Powder Bullseye – 8lb *SALE*​

$285.00

Just ordered some of that MP 636 that is supposed to be similar to N555. Missed it the last time it was in stock. Anyone try any yet?

https://www.driftersgear.com/product/berger-6mm-105-hybrid-rifle-bullet-drifters-gear-palm-beach-fl#product_detail
Berger 105 Hybrids

109 LRHT

I'm looking forward ;) to meeting up in the hereafter with those that thought it was good business to cancel the production of IMR 4451 which produced great results in my 6CM and 115 D Tac's.

I'm looking forward ;) to meeting up in the hereafter with those that thought it was good business to cancel the production of IMR 4451 which produced great results in my 6CM and 115 D Tac's.

American has had 4451 a couple times over the last few weeks I was able to grab a few jugs haven't tested it yet though

Keep an eye out they just had it the other day

American has had 4451 a couple times over the last few weeks I was able to grab a few jugs haven't tested it yet though

Keep an eye out they just had it the other day
Any idea where it came from ? pulled down or over run ,? who actually makes it ?
If it produces very accurate results from 22 BR's to 6 & 6.5 CM's and others , it will be well worth the investment .

Any idea where it came from ? pulled down or over run ,? who actually makes it ?
If it produces very accurate results from 22 BR's to 6 & 6.5 CM's and others , it will be well worth the investment .

I dont know, here is the link to it. But what I do know, is all the powders Ive bought from American that say they are similar to XXX powder have been excellent. I havent found a bad one yet..

Varget 8lb jugs in stock at Cableas/BassPro online. Vets get 10% off. Free shipping to the store with no Hazmat fee for pick up.
Good luck with that ship to store option, I ordered win 572 powder and small pistol primers back on january 26th and 29th still don't have them in hand, and cabelas says they can't track them.

• Sad
Reactions: ma smith
Greentop has a good selection of CCI, Federal and Remington Primers. Everything but Magnum Large Rifle. Pick up at store only. Good selection of Berger bullets too.

Why am I seeing a fraud alert on Midwest Powder (MP)?
Are you talking about emails from American reloading? I use outlook and whenever they send me emails they get tagged as phishing for some reason but they are legit.

Tried to pull up Midwest Powder website to see what powders I might be able to use. A rating of F with the BBB and a fraud alert on Snipers Hide forum showed up.

I love how Hodgdon won't return an email on H4895. I have talked to several distributors that haven't seen an 8lb container in 3 years and have given up on trying to obtain them.

I love how Hodgdon won't return an email on H4895. I have talked to several distributors that haven't seen an 8lb container in 3 years and have given up on trying to obtain them.

Yep, it's easily been 3-4 years since the last time I saw 8# containers of H4895 available anywhere. I have a backorder placed for either 24 or 32# that's a couple months away from 3 years old, and in that time the dealer has never received any 8# containers.

I was able to pick up 10x 1# containers of H4895 several months ago when Powder Valley had them, but I hit their 10# limit. They were briefly in stock a couple weeks after that but I missed being able to order another 10# before they went out of stock.

I really want to order 4-5 8# jugs of the same lot number like I usually do, but it's looking like that may never happen again, lol

Reactions: nick338
I started loading 6 years ago and I've never seen one.
Of course. It's the most accurate powder I've used for my M1A and I like that it's not temp sensitive.