• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

I just got another 500 109 hybrids. That’s 1k I’ve gotten today and 1700 I’ve been able to get over the last 2 weeks so that with what I already had gives me more than enough to make it through the season. 🙏

Reactions: Lunchbox27
I just got another 500 109 hybrids. That’s 1k I’ve gotten today and 1700 I’ve been able to get over the last 2 weeks so that with what I already had gives me more than enough to make it through the season. 🙏
How?!?!?! I look constantly and never find any

How?!?!?! I look constantly and never find any
Gotta be fast man there’s a huge discord group for reloading and there’s a ton of people that constantly look and refresh pages or they have bots set up that notify them and they send out alerts. I have it on my phone and only pick certain alerts. Like for bullets. Then you gotta go as soon as you see the alert cause they sell out within minutes

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Discord is the way to go. I finally got an 8lb.-er of 8208xbr from PV and then another 8 singles from Midsouth. Other than H335 for the 55s, .223 reloading is in a record drought for me.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
One pound

Attachments

• 1646877694629.jpeg
    1646877694629.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 28

discord link?

discord.com but if you download the app for your phone or pc you'll always get alerts for groups. There's a Reloading group and then look for "in stock notifications". You can have it running in the background on a laptop or pc and you'll get notified if there's something in stock. You can choose alerts for powder, primers, bullets, firearm parts. That still won't beat the bots but you have a chance, lol.

I really don’t want to have to resort to this electronic bot business to have any chance at buying Varget. It shouldn’t have to be this hard. The more people cave into this, the more mainstream it will become.
It’s bad enough with local shops you need to be on the in crowd to have any chance when they might by chance get some powder in like Varget before it’s gone, I see the online places selling out in minutes like Concert tickets or something.
I hope this Discord is not the new normal

This thread helps give me a chance but I guess demand is way higher than supply still.

I have 1000 berger 105’s on the way finally after paying for them a year ago, maybe I can trade for Varget someday

Reactions: waveslayer
I really don’t want to have to resort to this electronic bot business to have any chance at buying Varget. It shouldn’t have to be this hard. The more people cave into this, the more mainstream it will become.
It’s bad enough with local shops you need to be on the in crowd to have any chance when they might by chance get some powder in like Varget before it’s gone, I see the online places selling out in minutes like Concert tickets or something.
I hope this Discord is not the new normal

This thread helps give me a chance but I guess demand is way higher than supply still.

I have 1000 berger 105’s on the way finally after paying for them a year ago, maybe I can trade for Varget someday
Discord is really not that hard. I think it’s gonna be the “new normal” for a little bit until things do start to slow down but I don’t know when that is. If you have a smart phone it’s easy peasy. Download the app. Create an account. And set the alerts for “powder notifications”. I’ve been seeing Varget at least a few times a week show up now so it shouldn’t take much for you to get in on it.

Reactions: Dot3
Discord is really not that hard. I think it’s gonna be the “new normal” for a little bit until things do start to slow down but I don’t know when that is. If you have a smart phone it’s easy peasy. Download the app. Create an account. And set the alerts for “powder notifications”. I’ve been seeing Varget at least a few times a week show up now so it shouldn’t take much for you to get in on it.
Varget is selling out online in <5 minutes...so I'd say its still hard to get

Gonna have to wait for an 8lb or PV to have some. I have 8lbs but I'd like another 8lb jug. 75/lb is too much for me right now.

thanks, but I'm really slow placing orders and always miss out anyway. Years ago I couldn't even get Red Sox tix thru ticketmaster the minute they went on sale because all the scalpers scoop them up first much like the resellers are doing with components gouging on gunbroker. I'll wait till things are in stock unless I get desperate. just frustrating for some of us is all.

Two things.

If those that say they don't really need it. But bought some anyways would stop some of the problem would go away.

Second. With gas prices skyrocketing people are going to have to decide which more important. Fuel and groceries or powder and primers.

Reactions: Pinmaster
Two things.

If those that say they don't really need it. But bought some anyways would stop some of the problem would go away.

Second. With gas prices skyrocketing people are going to have to decide which more important. Fuel and groceries or powder and primers.
Yeah, I would think that the gas prices will cause many to stop holding and things will start to settle out on the durable goods that are not necessity items. The shipping cost going through the roof puts a little bit of an anchor on the price dropping but availability should start to improve in the coming months

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
Two things.

For real! I hear what some have hoarded up and I cant believe that they keep that much on hand. I think that prices will come down once the gunbroker $600-$700+ 8lb jugs settle back to a "normal price". Some people buy it and then post it for sell at 3x's the cost. I sure will be happy when I can find H1000 and the two other powders I use. Oh and primers lol

Two things.

No lie. A pound of powder and a set of dies ran just as much as getting 3/4 a tank of gas

IMR and H4350 8 pounders at PV, but you’re playing the refresh game.

This thread would be more beneficial if we stuck to in-stock notifications only.
I’m about to unsubscribe from this thread because I’m tired of getting notified of a bunch of cry baby posts about powder availability. And the posts that just say “gone”……. Yeah, like we really need notified that the powder went out of stock. 🤣🤣🤣

IMR and H4350 8 pounders at PV, but you’re playing the refresh game.

This thread would be more beneficial if we stuck to in-stock notifications only.
I’m about to unsubscribe from this thread because I’m tired of getting notified of a bunch of cry baby posts about powder availability. And the posts that just say “gone”……. Yeah, like we really need notified that the powder went out of stock. 🤣🤣🤣

Hahaha ✌️

For those bitching about people hoarding, I get it. But a lot of people don’t realize how much many of us that compete shoot in a year.

It’s not uncommon at all to shoot 3500-4000 rounds a year in a match rifle.

For me thats
4000 109 hybrids
4000 CCI 450’s
And just over 18lbs of Varget.

And that’s just my match rifle. I have my .308 and other rifles that I shoot and practice with. 🤷‍♂️

Just be thankful there’s people out there posting when shit is in stock cause a lot of them could just keep scrolling.

Last edited:
For those bitching about people hoarding, I get it. But a lot of people don’t realize how much many of us that compete shoot in a year.

For me thats
4000 109 hybrids
4000 CCI 450’s

And that’s just my match rifle. I have my .308 and other rifles that I shoot and practice with. 🤷‍♂️

Just be thankful there’s people out there posting when shit is in stock cause a lot of them could just keep scrolling.
Maybe I missed it, that's entirely possible but I haven't seen a lot of batching about it. I wouldn't call the mere mentioning of hording batching about it. I'm trying to hold but not being very successful at it. I'm glad this thread exists though, it's how I got the 4350 that I have.

For me thats
4000 109 hybrids
4000 CCI 450’s

The constant out of stock doesnt bother me as much. I was on the ither side buying 5k primers every 3 months shooting uspsa, 3gun and steep challenge with the same gun. Estimate at least 20k the first year between the matches and practice.

Ill get it when I can get it. Right now getting back to bolt action, im buying the components first before the gun. Lol so at least i have something to shoot.

For real! I hear what some have hoarded up and I cant believe that they keep that much on hand. I think that prices will come down once the gunbroker $600-$700+ 8lb jugs settle back to a "normal price". Some people buy it and then post it for sell at 3x's the cost. I sure will be happy when I can find H1000 and the two other powders I use. Oh and primers lol
Been available twice this week between PV and Hodgdon.

buy me some and have it shipped to my address, finders fee of $25 for an 8lb jug. Being "avaliable" for 5 minutes or less... doesn't really mean much.
@Pinmaster

8lb in stock