• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Retumbo at grafs

Reactions: jdnoble

On sale!
1lb for $43.54
8lb for $348.99

Both in stock!

I almost bought something else from them earlier. Although expired this worked this morning for free haz : FH731

$1 hazmat too

I guess will almost never be seeing H4895?

I've had a backorder in for about 2.5 years now, and I'm at the point of testing alternatives as I'm half way through my last 8# jug.

Powder valley had a small amount about 5 months ago but it was gone in an instant. I got an order in for the limit of 10# but they called the next morning to cancel as a website glitch oversold it. I haven't seen it anywhere else before or since then.

It's going to go fast if it ever comes in because it's been almost impossible to get for about 3 years. I've heard it's due to issues and updates at the plant.

I've had a backorder in for about 2.5 years now, and I'm at the point of testing alternatives as I'm half way through my last 8# jug.

Powder valley had a small amount about 5 months ago but it was gone in an instant. I got an order in for the limit of 10# but they called the next morning to cancel as a website glitch oversold it. I haven't seen it anywhere else before or since then.

It's going to go fast if it ever comes in because it's been almost impossible to get for about 3 years. I've heard it's due to issues and updates at the plant.

It was in stock 4-6 months ago at my LGS but haven't seen any since... I still have unopened 8# and half an opened one... I've found lots of other powders thst shoot just as well. Varget has been easy to get for a while now and have plenty of that.. n140, n150, n540, n550, 4166 (now discontinued).....

Seems to be the only H powder that's unobtanium right now. LGS has 4350, Varget, 4831sc that's been sitting. Could be because guys are stocked up finally or it could be that they are now asking full pop. They haven't received any h4895 in over 2 years. They do a preorder with all the regulars when they find out what's actually shipping from Hodgdon so Id know if they had any coming.

It was in stock 4-6 months ago at my LGS but haven't seen any since... I still have unopened 8# and half an opened one... I've found lots of other powders thst shoot just as well. Varget has been easy to get for a while now and have plenty of that.. n140, n150, n540, n550, 4166 (now discontinued).....H4895

I know there are several good alternatives, but I have 2x 223AIs and 2x 223s that shot heavies the absolute best with H4895 and I'd like to keep using it if I can since I have the loads all worked up and I know they work great. Those same rifles also shot good with Varget (which I still have 36# or so of) but not as good as H4895. They also shot OK, but not as good as H4895 or Varget, with AR Comp, which I also have 24# or 32# left (AR Comp has been absolutely excellent in 223/223AI/22-250 with the lighter bullets for me, but hasn't done as well with the heavier stuff.)

I do need to give Staball Match a try as well, because at this point I have serious doubts about being able to easily snag H4895 at any point in the future. I need to PM one of our Aussie members here and see if they've had issues getting AR2206H over there in the last few years; it's the same powder and made in Australia, so if they're having local supply issues that would explain a great deal why it's been nearly unobtanium here.

Reactions: grizzaws
Midway and Blue collar have 7mm 160 accubond's in stock. Not sure how popular they are in this crowd, but I'm sure someone will be looking for them with elk season coming up soon.

American has MP 579 (Stick powder similar to IMR 4451) which is like H4350.. I just grabbed 8lb for $149 shipped to my door.

They also have MP 621 (similar to Reloader 19)

And some others like Tac, X-terminator, Ramshot Hunter...

American has MP 579 (Stick powder similar to IMR 4451) which is like H4350.. I just grabbed 8lb for $149 shipped to my door.

How much like 4350 are we talking about here? Especially as it relates to velocity and temp sensitivity?

1lb only

How much like 4350 are we talking about here? Especially as it relates to velocity and temp sensitivity?

How much, Im not 100% sure. But IMR 4451 was always touted as the H4350 Enduron replacement with copper fouling eliminator.... I have a bunch of 4451 but honestly Ive never tested it..

But, if this is any indication, IMR 4166 which is the Enduron Varget replacement with copper fouling eliminator... That powder is amazing. And here how close it compares to Varget..

In my 22BR with same brass, same primers, same barrel, same 90smk bullet:

28.7gr Varget 2971
28.7gr 4166 2973

And here's how the 4166 shoots.... So its an exact Varget replacement for me....

I have 8lb of this stuff on the way, Ill get a test loaded up in my 6.5x47L with actual IMR 4451 I have here as well as this new MP 579 IMR4451 equivalent. I guess we will so how similar it is.... I already have extensive data on this barrel with H4350 to compare to....

How much, Im not 100% sure. But IMR 4451 was always touted as the H4350 Enduron replacement with copper fouling eliminator.... I have a bunch of 4451 but honestly Ive never tested it..

But, if this is any indication, IMR 4166 which is the Enduron Varget replacement with copper fouling eliminator... That powder is amazing. And here how close it compares to Varget..

28.7gr Varget 2971
28.7gr 4166 2973

And here's how the 4166 shoots.... So its an exact Varget replacement for me....

I have 8lb of this stuff on the way, Ill get a test loaded up in my 6.5x47L with actual IMR 4451 I have here as well as this new MP 579 IMR4451 equivalent. I guess we will so how similar it is.... I already have extensive data on this barrel with H4350 to compare to....

Very good insight Sir! Thank you

Reactions: padom
Well the MP 400 (N133) came and went today at American. One of the best powders Ive got from them. Stupid accurate stuff in my 223's

I'm also almost out of H4895.

I'm probably going to switch to a comparable VV powder. Better prices and availability.

I wonder who actually makes these powders ?

28.7gr Varget 2971
28.7gr 4166 2973

That's really good info. Thank you. I have some of the 4166 and that's why I got it but I never even opened the 1lb. I have a pretty healthy stash of H4350 but the idea of the enduron powder is really appealing to me and your data looks really good. Very interested to see how your test goes with the MP579.

Keep in mind hodgdon discontinued all the enduron powders late 2022, so you won't be seeing any back in stock updates for them on this thread or anywhere else. Once your stash is gone, it's gone...

Last edited:
Keep in mind hodgdon discontinued all the euduron powders late 2022, so you won't be seeing any back in stock updates for them on this thread. Once your stash is gone, it's gone...
Oh really? I thought they just paused it and definitely would pick it back up once they caught up???? Did I make that up? I thought I read that from Hodgedon themselves ?

28.7gr Varget 2971
28.7gr 4166 2973

I use IMR 4451 in my 300wsm. It’s a great powder.

Retumbo and H1000 1lbers in stock. Supposedly..