• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Are these temp sensitive?

The N550 I bought 16lb from them last year and no it's been excellent from 30's to 90'sF Temps in both 22BR and 22GT. Stupid accurate too.

This is the MP N550 equivalent I got from them. Stupid accurate and low single digit SD's

I just grabbed some N555 for Creedmoor and x47L

N555 is marketed as one of the most temp insensitive powders out there.... idk we will see

Reactions: John Glidewell

Yeah, no kidding. I've been revisiting a 6mm Creedmoor 110 A-Tip load with N555 this time instead of H3450 and wow, it's very much good to go!

Here's some modern primer deals...

$86 for 1000

$424 for 5000

$84 for 1000

$419 for 5000

$77 for 1000

And then there's the outlier

IIRC the BR2 at brownells was up to like ±$175 at some stage, imagine some people will think $120 isn't that bad.

Hate to say this folks, but the price of primers right now are likely to the norm. Your choices will be pay up or do without. No need to whine about it.
Hmmm??? I guess we'll see about that. Last week I stopped in my local store and picked up a brick of LRP's for $59.90. If one can be patient and wait for the right time, you don't have to pay the high prices we're seeing at so many places. Or, maybe, I'm just unusually lucky. :sneaky: :giggle:

Reactions: wade2big
Yup, profits are through the roof in a lot of industries; prices are not going to return to normal. If you're desperate, then you'll have to pay. Otherwise, it's just a matter of keeping an eye out for deals, but there's no point in waiting for 2010 prices to return.

Federal Champion #210 Large Rifle Primers - 100 Count​

$5.99
Buy in store-Limit 2
Sportsmans lets you buy max 200 primers in-store, according to the website.

Sportsmans lets you buy max 200 primers in-store, according to the website.
That's what I thought when I entered my local store and was prepared to just buy the maximum of 2 flats. When I got to the shelf, there were lots of primes (almost all SRP's), but they had about two bricks worth of the Fed 210's. The sign behind the primers said the limit was 1 brick to a customer. Since there was only 2 bricks of them on the shelf, I decided to just take 1/2 brick's worth, leaving what little there seemed to be for other shooters who might need some. As I started to walk away, a store clerk walked up with an arm full of these 210's he was going to put on the shelf. The clerk affirmed to me that the sign was correct though the website says only 2 flats. I decided to take a brick for $59.90 since the store had more than I thought and when I checked out the amount I could have and price was confirmed. Out of curiosity I checked the website a couple day later and the store was out of stock.

Hmmm??? I guess we'll see about that. Last week I stopped in my local store and picked up a brick of LRP's for $59.90. If one can be patient and wait for the right time, you don't have to pay the high prices we're seeing at so many places. Or, maybe, I'm just unusually lucky. :sneaky: :giggle:

Yep. I have had no problem getting any primer I need, including the 210’s my 308 likes, from Sportsman’s. They have pretty much had primers during this whole deal and the prices have been around half of online retailers. It just shows that the prices could continue to come down if we stopped buying them online unless we really need them. It’s like every other panic in this industry. Everyone wants them when they are 10 cents each, nobody is gonna want them when they are 5 cents each. Well, except those that live by the buy it cheap and stack it deep motto.

See above in post 4221

Wasn't someone recently looking for this?

H1000 1lb
N555 8lb
ARComp 8lb
RL16 8lb

Not great prices, but hard to find powders in-stock right now

H1000 1lb
N555 8lb
ARComp 8lb
RL16 8lb

Not great prices, but hard to find powders in-stock right now
Thanks for the heads up!

large rifle primers!!

IMR 4064 NIS ? no where to be found ?? It would be interesting to know where it is actually made and if there is any supply chain issues , or just that not as much demand for it as for other powders ? OR are they phasing it out in favor of their "new and improved" 4166
I keep reminding myself that when another member say's they can't find xyz powder, I always think never , never , never depend on just one powder.

IMR 4064 NIS ? no where to be found ?? It would be interesting to know where it is actually made and if there is any supply chain issues , or just that not as much demand for it as for other powders ? OR are they phasing it out in favor of their "new and improved" 4166
I keep reminding myself that when another member say's they can't find xyz powder, I always think never , never , never depend on just one powder.
I picked up 10lbs of it from Mile High Shooting not too long ago. It's being made, just a bit hard to find.

Keep watching mid south shooters supply. They have had some tough to find IMR powders this year. In addition, try the accurate 4064. Good luck.

Once fired in what? Can I make it fit? Big risk given the current state of dies and chambers in this cartridge.
The authority has spoken . :poop:

IMR 4166, and the rest of the Enduron line, is discontinued (at least for now), but 4064 should still be in production (though how frequently is anyone’s guess, like with any other powder). I managed to snag an 8lb jug for $200 locally a few weeks ago and about crapped myself trying to message the guy fast enough lol. Drove 3hrs round trip for it, but worth it at that price!

I’m still waiting for 8208XBR to come in somewhere, but it’ll probably be out of my price range. :confused: I’m learning to accept the idea of getting comfortable with “older” powders that are less temp stable and less popular, but that are actually in stock with some regularity…

$109/1000

105 Hybrids were in stock at Eurooptic

Also, 230 Hybrids

Corrected

Last edited:
With prices reloder 26 is fetching, I'll let mine go for the right deal

1000002805.jpg

Hodgdon has 1# ers of Retumbo. Only 5 allowed ($56.00 a #), but free Hazmat & Shipping for orders over $300.00. Just buy another # or two of other powder. Offer good today thru Monday.

Reactions: JPaul and DIBBS