• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder IN-STOCK thread

Your experience mirrors mine almost exactly. Will be interesting to see if we actually receive anything.

If it's like my experience trying to order H4895 earlier this year, I'll get a call from Kansas 2 days later saying the website messed up and they have to cancel my order because the website glitched and oversold it.

H1000 is still showing in stock, BTW.

If it's like my experience trying to order H4895 earlier this year, I'll get a call from Kansas 2 days later saying the website messed up and they have to cancel my order because the website glitched and oversold it.

H1000 is still showing in stock, BTW.
For me it kept showing in and then out of stock over and over. They really should upgrade so the site can handle more traffic.

Powder Valley has accumulated a technological deficit just like what was described with Southwest airlines when their system was unable to handle the weather disruptions a year or so ago.

Southwest failed to make the necessary investments in their computer system thus saving money along the way until kaboom the whole thing blew up and they lost hundreds of millions on that debacle. And severely inconvenienced tens of thousands of people.

Powder Valley has known for at least five or 10 years that their ordering system is woefully out of date. It is past time that they make the necessary investments in their system, so as to avoid falling farther and farther behind.

Really unbelievable that they can’t - or won’t- do better in the year 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: DIBBS
Reactions: deltawiskey
Powder Valley had (4) 8# jugs of 8208 XBR when I got an email notification this morning. It went fast!!!
Might want to keep an eye on other suppliers in case a shipment just hit the market.

Reactions: LongRange65
Powder Valley had (4) 8# jugs of 8208 XBR when I got an email notification this morning. It went fast!!!
Might want to keep an eye on other suppliers in case a shipment just hit the market.
Hodgdon's website is showing 1lb cans of 8208xbr in stock, as well as Retumbo and H1000 in 1lb or 8lbs.

Reactions: spife7980
I picked up 8lbs of H1000 from Hodgdon's earlier.

Tried to buy H1000 and 8208XBR from Hodgdon and it says they can't ship it to me because of my location.

I'm in Texas. 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location. Please choose a different delivery address.

• Angry
Reactions: southernpew
Tried to buy H1000 and 8208XBR from Hodgdon and it says they can't ship it to me because of my location.

I'm in Texas. 🤷‍♂️
That's odd.....I'm in Texas and had no problem. I've bought direct from them many times.

That's odd.....I'm in Texas and had no problem. I've bought direct from them many times.
Figured it out. Wasn't logged in and it didn't like that for some reason. Just started reloading this year and did not have an account with Hodgdon.

Ordered without problem once I created an account.

Reactions: J_D
Just now got a text from shootingbot about the 8208 8 pounders that are no longer in stock! Snipershide for the win!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

H4895 in stock again at powder valley, 3rd time in the last week... Just 1# though, no 8#.

I snagged 10# last week which will hold me over for a while, hopefully at some point in the future I can pick up 3 or 4 8# jugs all of the same lot and be set for a long time.

H4895 now in stock at drifter's gear, they have 83# at the moment.

Hodgdon must have dropped a pretty decent sized shipment.

105 hybrids at GA precision (posted on their Facebook-didn’t actually check website)

1lbs still in stock!

Reactions: JPaul
I got some from Gene Sears it’s cheaper than bass pro I just paid online and I’ll go grab it next week thanks for the heads up

Reactions: Maxduty
Got some h4895 off hodgdons site. First time ever. Never tried it before.

Reactions: RegionRat