• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Shipment Crushed? Bottles Unsealed.

TX_Diver

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
WI
Is it worth making an issue out of this? I don't think the vendor is in the wrong and it's not like they have more on-hand to replace it with anyways, but it will take me a few years to shoot this and I move often so the open containers will see a variety of humidity levels (and it's dry in winter and humid in summer where I'm at now too).

--

I was at work yesterday when FedEx dropped off 10lb of powder I bought last week. Wife received the package.

When I got home I took it downstairs and opened it up and found that most of the bottles appear to have been squashed.

OO0WuSTl.jpg

These 4 are the worst, 4 more have lessor dents, & 2 appear okay from the outside.

There's no loose powder in the box, and It doesn't appear that the plastic is cracked but the label covers it up pretty well so I can't tell for sure. I only did a quick inspection/snapped a few pics before going to dinner and moving on. All the tops I took off revealed that the pressure had broken the seal underneath the lid though. Some came off completely, and some were just partially unsealed.

The box doesn't actually look too bad from the outside so I'm not sure if this didn't happen before the vendor even got the package. Even if I was home I don't think I'd have any reason to reject the package (and not sure I'd want to in the current situation).
nUIhlr1l.jpg

kYLEvGWl.jpg

Jl1KnEhl.jpg

If you received this would you make an issue out of it or at least inquire with the vendor? 10lbs will last me a few years so my only real concern is long term storage while the seals are broken. It sucks the bottles don't stack and will be a little more difficult to store in an organized fashion, but I can deal with that. I move every 2-3 years for work and have lived on the gulf coast and in the desert so some of the powder will see a variety of humidities over it's life with me.

Check them for crushed/broken kernels... That will be problem if it's happened, burning characteristics will change because of it.

You can also call the shipper and ask for a small credit (y)

Insufficient packaging. No excuse and totally preventable. Call the company that you purchased from and have them make good.

Insufficient packaging. No excuse and totally preventable. Call the company that you purchased from and have them make good.
I don’t think so. That’s the same oem box from Hodgdon. They received they box then put a shipping label on it then out the door it went. Every single time I’ve bought 1# bottles they come the exact same way from different vendors.

who ever the shipping company was dropped a heavy ass box on it, or it was at the bottom of a heavy stack.

I don’t think so. That’s the same oem box from Hodgdon. They received they box then put a shipping label on it then out the door it went. Every single time I’ve bought 1# bottles they come the exact same way from different vendors.

who ever the shipping company was dropped a heavy ass box on it, or it was at the bottom of a heavy stack.
Yep!

I think that's exactly what happened. Probably bottom of a stack and something on a pallet jack ran into it maybe.

I'll shoot an e-mail to the vendor and maybe can at least get my shipping $ back or something but I think I'm just gonna be grateful I was able to snag 10# and roll on. If they want to offer a credit or something towards a future shipment or $ back that they can recover from Fed-Ex then great, but I don't think the vendor is at fault here.

I think that's exactly what happened. Probably bottom of a stack and something on a pallet jack ran into it maybe.

I'll shoot an e-mail to the vendor and maybe can at least get my shipping $ back or something but I think I'm just gonna be grateful I was able to snag 10# and roll on. If they want to offer a credit or something towards a future shipment or $ back that they can recover from Fed-Ex then great, but I don't think the vendor is at fault here.
If you have one dump them all into a 8# jug and make sure to write the lot # onto it

I don’t think so.
I ....as in me.....ship product to my customers every day.

I .... as in me.... am responsible for every shipment that I ship. When there is an issue:

I ..... as in me... pick up the tab and deal with the shipper, if there is damage. If you were my customer you would be damn grateful.

I ....as in me...pack my products to properly so that my customers do not have to deal with crap like this.

According to UPS’s 2” penetration guidlines this would not even come close. I doubt the box strength meets it either.

Excuses are for children. I.... as in me....don’t make them, to my customers.

Match grade components that folks spend their hard earned money on should not be shipped this way.

Reactions: Pbgt and TX_Diver
I ..... as in me... pick up the tab and deal with the shipper, if there is damage. If you were my customer you would be damn grateful.

L

According to UPS’s 2” penetration guidlines this would not even come close. I doubt the box strength meets it either

definitely good points there. Did not know about the 2” rule.

even so, Even if they did follow those rules I’m not sure this would have been prevented.

either way, if you raised enough stink could probably get ups to refund the shipping amount, and when shipping hazmat that’s not an insignificant amount. And you would think dumbasses would be more careful with a box marked “explosives”