• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder trickler

ScottWatkins

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Oxford, MS
I was looking at the Redding and the RCBS. What are your opinions or do you have another suggestion?
Thanks for your help,
Scott.

Re: Powder trickler

I use an empty case and fill it with a little powder. Tap on the case a little bit to drop the kernels. A little crude, but it actually worked better for me than other trickler that I have used.

Man if I could get a prometheus......dreaming.....

The RCBS looks cheap compared to Redding, both work exactly the same, I have a Redding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The RCBS looks cheap compared to Redding, both work exactly the same, I have a Redding. </div></div>

Agreed on the looks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">redding is very robust. </div></div>

+1

I was very surprised at the weight of the thing when it arrived

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use an electronic trickler and it works great. </div></div>

Yup, the Omega two-speed trickler was the best $65 I spent on reloading tools last year.....fast and single-kernel precise.
www.omegapowdertrickler.com

I just put some stick-on wheel weights in the hollow bottom of RCBS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frogman77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use an empty case and fill it with a little powder. Tap on the case a little bit to drop the kernels. A little crude, but it actually worked better for me than other trickler that I have used.
</div></div>

I do the same thing.. Its cheaper, faster, and saves space.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killshot44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use an electronic trickler and it works great. </div></div>

Yup, the Omega two-speed trickler was the best $65 I spent on reloading tools last year.....fast and single-kernel precise.
www.omegapowdertrickler.com </div></div>

+1

As stated by several others, they are pretty much the same. I was given an RCBS a few years after I started using the Redding, so the weight difference bothered me a bit.
I filled the bottom of the RCBS with #9 shot, sealed it in with a quick shot from the hot-melt glue gun, and I've loved it ever since.

You'll like the redding. VERY heavy for the size. Nice and consistant tricle. It doesnt bing up. I like mine!

Omega makes all others paperweights. Agree with Killshot44 that it is the best money I spent on reloading equipment in some time. AG

I don't think ANY commercial trickle is very good but the Redding is probably best because of the weight for stability.

After buying several, including the RCBS, I gave up and made my own. Weight is about four pounds on a 3 in. diameter lead filled base, it has a 1 1/4" thin wall brass pipe column/hopper and a 1/4" chromed brass feed tube (actually a 4" section of auto antenna. It does NOT move around in use! Wish some maker would duplicate it, bet a good one would sell well.