• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Valley’s Take on the Primer Shortage

What bothers me is what business like Powder Valley Inc. do when their inventory is low.

Sure the demand for their merchandise has gone through the roof but if they don't have anything to sell, then how can they make much money?

Pricing their merchandise according to the demand for it can only do so much but it's like a store that doesn't have anything on the shelves.

They've done alright for themselves for the last few quarters but without merchandise what does that spell for their longevity?

I gave up on the retailers. Check your local classifieds, they pop up.
Scored these KVB 5.56M this afternoon @ $60 per 1k. Probably 3x what they were originally, but I'm not complaining.

IMG_5773-1.jpg

What bothers me is what business like Powder Valley Inc. do when their inventory is low.

Sure the demand for their merchandise has gone through the roof but if they don't have anything to sell, then how can they make much money?

Pricing their merchandise according to the demand for it can only do so much but it's like a store that doesn't have anything on the shelves.

They've done alright for themselves for the last few quarters but without merchandise what does that spell for their longevity?
Powder valley thankfully survived the first Obama rush on components and they didn’t gouge buyers.

Thats why they got a lot of my money early this year.
I remember what they did and they became one of my primary sources because of it.
I hope they planned accordingly like I did.

Powder valley thankfully survived the first Obama rush on components and they didn’t gouge buyers.

Thats why they got a lot of my money early this year.
I remember what they did and they became one of my primary sources because of it.
I hope they planned accordingly like I did.
They couldn't get the gun control through that they wanted so they are taking our 2nd amendment rights away by not allowing us to have ammo so when come to round us up for re-education camps we can't fight back. Most likely it is Michael Bloomberg who is buying it all up.

Monday through Friday, old timers who are retired stand outside of every gun shop in town an hour before they open, and wait. Shop opens. They descend on the place like a swarm of geriatric locusts and buy everything. They go home, place it on the mountains of ammo/reloading supplies they have no intent on using. The rest of us who have to work all week swing by said shops on the way home from work, or on the weekends when we have a free minute. Everything is gone. All of it. Not a single God damned round or reloading component left, except some goofy, odd shaped "self defense" pistol ammo nobody has ever heard of, at $87 for a 20 round box, and a dusty, returned bag of twice-fired, berdan primed 303 British from Pakistan.

Fast forward a year. SCOTUS fucks us all and Biden/Harris end up in the White House. It's absolute pandemonium across the country. Patriots, aka Washington's Slayers, have been in the streets going full 1776 against ANTIFA and BLM, aka commie faggots. The good guys are running low on everything. They are quickly realizing that their few thousand round stashes from the good old days when the God Emperor Trump ruled the land, don't last very long when you're peeling back Maoist muffin caps like hotcakes. Nobody has been able to get anything gun related ever since the chongers sneezed their bioweapon all over the planet. Its worse than the worst gun and ammo shortage of the Obama years. The aforementioned old timers end up passing away peacefully in their sleep. They picked a great time to check out, God rest their souls.

Their kids get their affairs in order and start digging through all their shit. Turns out their kids are all liberal shitbirds with purple hair and enough hardware in their faces to set off a metal detector at the airport before they've even left the parking garage. All of them have matching "Feel the Bern" tattoos, a penchant for Kombucha from Whole Foods, and they all smoke American Spirits. They find the stockpile of ammo and reloading components. They gasp. "How could Grandpa have stockpiled all this evil stuff? We have to get rid of it," one says. "I always knew Grandpa was evil," the other says. "He always talked about killing japs and said they deserved a lot more than Fat Man and Little Boy. He even told me once that we should have listened to General MacArthur, whatever that means. He always said America is the greatest nation ever to grace the planet, and the Constitution is the greatest document ever written, second only to the Bible. Grandpa was everything my Genderstudies Professor warned me about!"

The libfuck kids have waste management bring in a dumpster for clean up. They throw all of it in there: hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo. Hundreds of thousands of CCI BR2s, CCI 200s, Federal 215Ms, magnum, small rifle, pistol primers, you name it. Hundreds of pounds of H1000, H4350, Varget, Retumbo, RE15, IMR4064...All of it...gone. They pile on a bunch of hardwood, hand built furniture, from the turn of the 19th century, on top of all of it. "Cover it up with this shitty furniture. Clearly Grandpa wasn't a fan of fair trade either, or he would have bought all his furniture from Ikea," they say. "Now no evil Trump voter white supremecist can ever get their dirty racist hands on any of this stuff." They call waste management to pick up the dumpster. It gets hauled off to the landfill, never to be seen again. The commie scum drives off into the sunset in their Toyota Prius, powered by strawberry douche.

Anyways, I'm going to get another cup of coffee. I fully expect to be banned for this post, by the time I get back to my computer. Its been real, boys.

This is the best fucking post I've read in a while! And while it is funny as shit, its also pretty damn spot on!!! I feel your pain brother!

They couldn't get the gun control through that they wanted so they are taking our 2nd amendment rights away by not allowing us to have ammo so when come to round us up for re-education camps we can't fight back. Most likely it is Michael Bloomberg who is buying it all up.
Probably George Soros also.

It's time to fight the machine. Everyone quit buying ammo/components and things will turn awesome. It's simple science.

I promise to start as soon as yall do. Promise....

My son and I were in a gunshop in Windfield Ks. just a few miles from Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago. He was filling out the paper work to buy a hand gun when I noticed a lady come in the back door with a order of powder and primers from Power Valley. I asked if I could buy some of the primers and was told they were all spoken for we were good enough to drive 40 miles to buy a pistol but couldn't buy primers. My son was put on hold because the background system was down and the next day he got a phone call to come back and pick his gun he told them no thanks the guy they were saving the primers for could have it.

• Haha
Reactions: Longshot231
My son and I were in a gunshop in Windfield Ks. just a few miles from Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago. He was filling out the paper work to buy a hand gun when I noticed a lady come in the back door with a order of powder and primers from Power Valley. I asked if I could buy some of the primers and was told they were all spoken for we were good enough to drive 40 miles to buy a pistol but couldn't buy primers. My son was put on hold because the background system was down and the next day he got a phone call to come back and pick his gun he told them no thanks the guy they were saving the primers for could have it.

This doesn't even make sense.

If I order primers from a store, then those are my primers. You don't get my primers because you happened to walk in when they carried them in the door.

I could care less about what the local business done or had to say because that may have been the case with the primers being spoken for. What bugs me Is I've been watching Powder Valley, not every day but frequently and I've never seen any primers online period for quite some time.. Now I guess its possible that my timing has just been off every single time I've checked but that seems unlikely.. So this pretty much tells me they are probably just selling all of their primers locally and not to their online customers who also spend a shit ton of cash with them.. Sounds pretty shady in my opinion..

I could care less about what the local business done or had to say because that may have been the case with the primers being spoken for. What bugs me Is I've been watching Powder Valley, not every day but frequently and I've never seen any primers online period for quite some time.. Now I guess its possible that my timing has just been off every single time I've checked but that seems unlikely.. So this pretty much tells me they are probably just selling all of their primers locally and not to their online customers who also spend a shit ton of cash with them.. Sounds pretty shady in my opinion..

Entitlement is a real thing.

Theyve been posting regularly and they go quick, like a minutes. My last order of 5k SPP was in august where i literally stalked the site for 2 weeks and kept refreshing on small pistol primers at work looking for "in stock". When a product that wasnt there appeared in the morning i figured they were adding to inventory that day and a few hours later federal SPP popped up for a few minutes and i was able to get in an order of 5k. Now they still post something up weekly and with the 1k limit on each type of primer, they last maybe 20-30 min instead of the usual 3-5 minutes. for 1k primers plus shipping and hazmat its not worth it to buy for me. Some places like reddit, ar15.com, etc have availability threads but by the time those are posted, the stock is usually bought up. There are a lot of people running automation to place their orders and constantly check the websites for changes which is making it hard for the rest of us to get an order through before the stock is sold. Its tough times and the only thing that kept me from running out was that i decided to double up my last big order from brownells last winter because primers were at an all time low. The only other order i was able to place since then was through DSA and that was a shit show due to their site being unable to handle the traffic. I overpaid for 5k CCI SRP but it is what it is.

Theyve been posting regularly and they go quick, like a minutes. My last order of 5k SPP was in august where i literally stalked the site for 2 weeks and kept refreshing on small pistol primers at work looking for "in stock". When a product that wasnt there appeared in the morning i figured they were adding to inventory that day and a few hours later federal SPP popped up for a few minutes and i was able to get in an order of 5k. Now they still post something up weekly and with the 1k limit on each type of primer, they last maybe 20-30 min instead of the usual 3-5 minutes. for 1k primers plus shipping and hazmat its not worth it to buy for me. Some places like reddit, ar15.com, etc have availability threads but by the time those are posted, the stock is usually bought up. There are a lot of people running automation to place their orders and constantly check the websites for changes which is making it hard for the rest of us to get an order through before the stock is sold. Its tough times and the only thing that kept me from running out was that i decided to double up my last big order from brownells last winter because primers were at an all time low. The only other order i was able to place since then was through DSA and that was a shit show due to their site being unable to handle the traffic. I overpaid for 5k CCI SRP but it is what it is.

Thank you sir for the reply, I guess I just need to frequent daily to try to find what I'm looking for. My apologies to Powder Valley is in order... I am not completely out but just lower than what I'd like at the moment...

Got an alert yesterday (via AmmoSeek) about CCI 450's being available @ LG Outdoors.

For $245! I had to do a triple take... I was about to pull the trigger, then I realize it was only for 1,000.

Fuck that place. Never buying anything from them.

Reactions: Matt richards
yeah they had some at $315 also... hopefully others will get them in, and won't try to screw their customers too too much

Reactions: Lunchbox27
L.G. Outdoors - That company deserves to go under for that kind of pricing. I will fully admit any business can sell for what the market will bear, but that pricing of 10X is flat out gouging. I wouldn't fault them for doubling pricing, but 10X is way out of line.

I seen another company selling federal GMM small pistol for 315 bucks per 1000... They should have their fucking asses burned up for scalping like that...

Lol....that's what the market is demanding right now, they would be ignorant not to charge that much.

eh, people have long memories, and if you screw them over in the bad times, they may not come back in the good times.

Gun owners are sheep 🐑 and likewise have the same memory capacity. Stabbing us in the front happens regularly but these companies thrive. You can find many a youtube gun channel pushing their products.

I give you:

Trump-Jesus (politician)
Cheaper Than Dirt
Springfield Armory
Benchmade knives
Black Rifle Coffee
Rock River Arms
Simplysafe
Et al