• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Powder Valley Issue

HKpirate

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2013
Chardon,Ohio
southingtonhuntclub.com
Anyone ever have an issue with powder valley?

I know they are considered a good source normally, but I was just charged for a few items then told my order was canceled because of an issue with the payment, even though I attached the payment posting to my account 2 weeks ago. And somehow can not issue me a refund now.

Wow that's weird. What method did you use to pay?

Did you have it sent to your billing address or were the two different? Still inexcusable, but might offer a little explanation.

I've not bought from powder valley yet, but I never use a debit card other than locally because once the moneys gone you have to fight to get your money back. Always use a credit card and despute the charges before you've paid for it and money isn't owed till dispute is resolved.

Reactions: Shoots 700's
Powder Valley has been great and very reliable for me.

I assume you called them and spoke to someone directly before posting this thread?

To add some clarification, I emailed them last week proof of payment, as well as the invoice. I got a vague one sentence response, and basically ignored what I was even saying to them. NFCU checked today to see if there was any it transit refunds that could have possibly been delayed, there was nothing form then inbound.

I would try calling, so far I have had nothing but good service from them. A lot of good companies are overwhelmed right now and might screw up and not really read the email correctly.

To add some clarification, I emailed them last week proof of payment, as well as the invoice. I got a vague one sentence response, and basically ignored what I was even saying to them. NFCU checked today to see if there was any it transit refunds that could have possibly been delayed, there was nothing form then inbound.
Been buying from PV for 30 years and never had an issue.
Sounds like you’ve only emailed, have you actually spoken to someone at PV?

They are an excellent company, absolutely solid. That said, if push comes to shove you can dispute a debit card charge just as you can a credit card charge. Call your bank and they can walk you through the process. But I would try to get someone at Powder Valley on the phone first, again, they are a great company to deal with. Good luck.

They are really one of the best in the business. I’m sure something just got messed up. They are way behind on orders and communications from my recent experiences. It’ll get fixed and/or figured out but stay cool and stay in contact with them.

Paid from my normal debit card attached to my checking, which is bizarre. I sent screen shots and everything to them, so its been a rather lack luster experience all around.

Your bank has the transaction? if so Call the bank to contest, explain the problem, also explain you never got the product as your order was cancelled. Am sure it was a problem with the payment gateway that caused this.

The way it works, you pay the vendor...they use a payment gateway...thats basically the middle man, between them, you and your bank/card. If something goes sideways this type of thing happens, whereby the transaction doesn't fully complete...rare but it does.

If the money came out of your account and you called the vendor, your option is now to call the bank. They will reverse the charge and will likely call PV to ensure all is good.

Ive been in the credit card transaction business for years, shit happens as much as we try to so that it doesn't.

Godspeed.