• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Power/brightness/dot size of civillian leagal IR lasers

dieselten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have a few pistols and a sub-sonic only 300Whisper AR that I want to use an IR laser pointer on. The normal pistol ranges will be 25 yards max and the normal 300w range is 50 yards with some shots at 100 yards. I have seen the pics of the .7mw IR lasers and at25 yards they about cover an 18" IPSC target completely. I will be hunting small game and hogs. I need a very precise aiming point. The.7mw stuff is not even close to what I can use.

Are some of these IR lasers capable of focusing the beams to a very fine aiming point? I also saw a pic on TNVC of a LDI LAS/TAC2 with only .1mw output. That dot was just about perfect. Are there other devices with that output? My mounting systems will all be picatinny rail and again, I do not need long range, I need a small aiming point and excellent zero retention.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Nick

I have a few pistols and a sub-sonic only 300Whisper AR that I want to use an IR laser pointer on. The normal pistol ranges will be 25 yards max and the normal 300w range is 50 yards with some shots at 100 yards. I have seen the pics of the .7mw IR lasers and at25 yards they about cover an 18" IPSC target completely. I will be hunting small game and hogs. I need a very precise aiming point. The.7mw stuff is not even close to what I can use.

Are some of these IR lasers capable of focusing the beams to a very fine aiming point? I also saw a pic on TNVC of a LDI LAS/TAC2 with only .1mw output. That dot was just about perfect. Are there other devices with that output? My mounting systems will all be picatinny rail and again, I do not need long range, I need a small aiming point and excellent zero retention.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Nick

We offer the Crimson Trace lasers in a Lowered Output that makes them much more usable. In addition we have also done the Unimax IR lasers as well. Give us a call and we can set you up.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ail-master-l-o-read-no-bloom.html#post2752669

I have been using the Lasermax unimax Ir for a few years now it has worked great for hogs and coyotes.

The LDI Neutral Density Filter lowers the civvy legal output of 0.7mW down to 0.1mW, making the IR laser much more precise when viewed with NODs, I have them on all my LDI DBAL-D2 and I2 systems.

DBAL%20D2%20Neutral%20Filter.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20D2%20175%20Yards%20NO%20Filter.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20D2%20Filter%20175%20Yards.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20NO%20Filter%2030%20Yards.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20Filter%2030%20yards.jpg

DBAL%20IR%20Illum%20No%20Density%20Filter.jpg

DBAL%20IR%20Illum%20Density%20Filter.jpg

NV%20Coyote%202.jpg