• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Power Case Trimmer????

msiebert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2006
Md
If you had unlimited funds and about 10,000 cases all resized and needing trimmed which case trimmer would you buy and why??? Thanks in advance for any info.

I have a Gracey trimmer, and I'd just rate it "OK". Even went so far as to order the Bob Jones carbide blade (didn't help much). Been looking at the Giraud as an upgrade.

As for the WFT... nice enough little unit, but I had one like that long ago, then a Gracey w/ HSS then carbide cutters, now a Giraud. If the WFT doesn't chamfer/debur at the same time, I wouldn't put it in the same class as the Gracey, much less the Giraud.

But... if I had unlimited funds, I'd just pay someone else to do it ;)

Giraud. 10k will take you a couple of days (I can do rougly 600 an hour), but that is trim / chamfer / debur. Wear some gloves!!

Never used the Giraud and if money were no object I would also give it a try. I'll stick with my RCBS at 250-300 per hour also trimmed, chamfered and deburred .