• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Power Case Trimmer

Re: Power Case Trimmer

I gotta get me one of those... OK... added to the list... I need to rob a bank!!

Giraud. End of discussion.

If you really need more discussion, see the thread from today.

John

I have the RCBS trimmer and I think it is pretty much a POS. If I could keep myself from buying guns all the time I would get the Giraud.

Having tried many different trimmers, I'm in the process of saving for a Giraud. Their unit wins hands down for efficiency. That being said, for the calibers that I don't load a lot for, I feel that my best money is spent on a Possum Hollow Kwick Trim. For those, just set the desired length, chuck it in your drill and have at it.
http://www.possumhollowproducts.com/kwick-case-trimmers.html

I have the RCBS unit and I like it a lot. Sure as hell beats the snot out of cranking on a handle all night. I load for 8 different caliber and it's pretty quick to change the trim length if you keep a sample piece of brass to index off of.
I know there are better, faster, more expensive trimmers out there, but I've been using mine for several months now and I'm completely happy with it.

002-30.jpg

It depends on the quantity and number of calibers you are trimming for. The Giraud is AWESOME (I have one and use it for .308 and .223) but unless you are doing over 500 of each I don't know that it is worth it. Caliber conversions aren't cheap (the cutter is $30 and the cutter head w/ blade is $45) but is still well worth it to get one setup for each caliber so you don't have to mess with adjusting the cutter. After using it I know I could never go back to my old Forster manual trimmer or my friends Lyman power trimmer but it is an investment. If you trim alot or just hate it and the strain it puts on wrists and the huge amount of time it consumes the Giraud is well worth it. I did 600 .308 cases in 35 minutes. That would have taken me 6 hours with the Forster.