• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Power Pistol Powder for 45 ACP

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I just picked up some if this powder to try out with some Hornady 230gr. HP/XTP Bullets out of my Springfield XD 45ACP.

Im interested to see some of your load data for this powder for 185gr and 230gr. bullets.

(i already looked thru my manuals but im interested to see your data and how well it shoots for some of you guys)

I was mainly using Titegroup powder before but I heard alot of guys like this powder so i decided to get some and try it.

Thanks

Re: Power Pistol Powder for 45 ACP

I was using 7.3gr of PP under a 230HP. Good accuracy but the PP seems to give a heavier recoil and muzzle flip. (In my opinion anyways). I still prefer Unique for .45acp although Ive found WST to work very well (like it better than Titegroup).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RottenII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was using 7.3gr of PP under a 230HP. Good accuracy but the PP seems to give a heavier recoil and muzzle flip. (In my opinion anyways). I still prefer Unique for .45acp although Ive found WST to work very well (like it better than Titegroup). </div></div>

I found the same issue with PP. It also has a lot of muzzle flash. I have been using W231 and bullseye. I would like to see some more data for the Berry's plated bullets I'm using.

I've always used W231, burns clean works great, and people have been using it for decades. that said...

EVEN AT MAX LOADS YOU CAN DOUBLE CHARGE A CASING!

and based on my experience if you do that you will break your gun and you will get hurt. I strongly suggest that others avoid this situation.

Para Ord P10 45acp 3.16" barrel, thick walled Starline +P brass,
National Bullet 152 gr. Copperized lead semi wad cutter, 12 gr. Power Pistol, 1.275" OAL, Lee factory crimp. 1226 fps

take a look at longshot for the 45. I use it for fast 124 grain 9mm and 1000fps 200gr 45 acp. no pressure, pistols both cycle like they're shooting blanks, meters consistantly on the dillon.