• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Power Supply / Conditioners / UPS

opeagle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Ohio
With more and more electronics on my reloading bench, especially with expensive scales, what do people recommend for power supply?

I’ve used a simple power strip but am adding an auto trickler with an AnD scale next, thinking something to condition power would help.

Anyone know much about this and can make a recommendation?

You might consider getting a true online UPS.
The ones that always have the batteries online and active.
They tend to be a bit more expensive and also usually are actively cooled.

A lot might depend on how clean the power is to your house on average, also on if the circuit you are plugging your stuff into has anything else on it that would cause noise on that line.

Not to dissuade you from getting another piece of gear, but I asked Adam a similar question (wanted a longer power chord to run the sale off its own outlet) earlier this year when I got my A&D and here was his response.

Hi,

Any extension cord will be fine. There's no need to worry about isolating the power coming into the scale. Unless you can prove it makes a difference, I've heard people ask about it a hundred times and never once have I seen an actual difference with the A&D scale. The scale is designed to regulate power properly.

Adam

The UPS won't be much of a help unless you always lose power mid-stroke.

Some power strips come with insurance policies. Plan on spending a hundred bucks for that. Monster brand is most easily available at stores.

Also your home circuit breaker (probably) has an accessory available that will provide another layer of protection and another insurance policy for you home stereo buffs.