• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pray for West Texas

143lrsd

Just glad to be here
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2010
Lubbock, Texas
West Texas is borderline apololyptic. As of now, there are four major fires, the worst being around Canadian Texas. As of know, there are over 320 square miles burned. Please pray for rain and favorable weather.
IMG_8205.jpeg

Last edited:
West Texas is borderline apololyptic. As of now, there are four major fires, the worst being around Canadian Texas. As of know, there are over 320 square miles burned. Please pray for rain and favorable weather. View attachment 8360044
I used to drive down that highway every day on the way to the drilling rig. I am kind of surprised at the amount of smoke. There wasn't much to burn but grass as I remember it.

I watched a lot of lighting storms start a lot of grass fires from the floor out there.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Fossil beds. I think the rain and snow went north of them lat night. We got a few inches over a couple hours. Hopefully they got some.

Grass fires are no joke, especially in high winds. Prayers for everyone affected.

As a side note I’d like to know how they started! Was this by accident or intentional by bad actors?

Reactions: D_TROS
Grass fires are no joke, especially in high winds. Prayers for everyone affected.

As a side note I’d like to know how they started! Was this by accident or intentional by bad actors?
2 of them were from downed powerlines. I think some of the others were roadside incidents. Dragging chains or blown truck tires, and of course cigarettes thrown out.

2 of them were from downed powerlines. I think some of the others were roadside incidents. Dragging chains or blown truck tires, and of course cigarettes thrown out.

Cigarettes is the favorite go-to for a fire investigator that can't find anything.

I've seen electric fence catch grass on fire, but the fire chief was sure it was cigarette butts from the highway, not the fence that was still popping and snapping at the grass. 🧐

Apparently, the fire was started by a downed electrical line. As of now, there are over 970,000 acers in Texas and another 50,000-100,000 acers in OK burned.

I had a cow start a grass fire in TX when it broke through the electric fence, making it spark against the barbed wire fence. Then the pyro just stood there and watched it like a podunk arsonist volunteer firefighter would... :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Cigarettes is the favorite go-to for a fire investigator that can't find anything.

I've seen electric fence catch grass on fire, but the fire chief was sure it was cigarette butts from the highway, not the fence that was still popping and snapping at the grass. 🧐
Let me guess, you smoke? I have a super hard time understanding why smokers dont think cig butts are littering. The same people wouldn't throw their mickey d's bag out the window but butts away.
I had a cow start a grass fire in TX when it broke through the electric fence, making it spark against the barbed wire fence. Then the pyro just stood there and watched it like a podunk arsonist volunteer firefighter would... :LOL:
I resemble, I mean resent that remark.

The fire should congregate some hogs. Let me know if you need help getting rid of them.

Littering and causing fires are two separate issues. Starting fires with cigs aint easy anymore due to the type of papers used now.

You won't believe me but many times the butt can still be found at point of ignition.

Littering and causing fires are two separate issues. Starting fires with cigs aint easy anymore due to the type of papers used now.
LOL, it isn't the paper it is the burning ash from the tobacco. I used to have pictures. I've seen fires start from a trailer dragging a piece of electric fence wire. A lady was following her daughter in the truck and trailer that started the fires. When conditions are right it doesn't take much.

Reactions: Charmingmander

Cali gets scrub fires fanned by Santa Anna winds and it's a shit show .

Reactions: Nik H
When they light the next one with the last like granny used to do there's still a pretty good cherry burnin. The dry as shit tinderbox mowed grass on the sides of the highway is ripe for just such a cherry. I put out a fire just up the road that I'm pretty sure was from chain sparks. It started in 3 different spots on a bend in the road. I got lucky and was passing by and saw it. Could have lit up half the river corridor. Shit was DRYYYY. If that will start it a ciggy cherry will no doubt.

Let me guess, you smoke? I have a super hard time understanding why smokers dont think cig butts are littering. The same people wouldn't throw their mickey d's bag out the window but butts away.

Not a smoker.

You won't believe me but many times the butt can still be found at point of ignition.

Walk the ditches. There's butts everywhere. Finding the point of ignition in a grass fire down to a single one is laughable.

I have been to Canadian Tx three times to train with Todd Hodnett. Oil wells everywhere.

Check this out...Pretty certain this is mostly all North of Amarillo ...Crazy. And snow covered this morning around Amarillo area. Photo's courtesy of close friend from Amarillo that flys.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 9.30.13 AM.png

Last edited:
This morning around Amarillo and probably SW of Amarillo. Unclear how far the snow headed north.
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 9.32.00 AM.png

Reactions: SWgeezer
I have a High School Friend that has a business on Texoma Lake. He sent me a text this morning about one of his clients.

Hayden.

One of my clients bought 65k acres of T-Boon's ranch in west Texas with a couple other guys.
They have damage on all 65k. The ranch hand has lived on the ranch for 35 years. He lost everything but a shotgun that T Boone gave him.
He's shot 100+ burnt deer just today and have lost 160 head of Cattle.

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
I have a High School Friend that has a business on Texoma Lake. He sent me a text this morning about one of his clients.

Hayden.

One of my clients bought 65k acres of T-Boon's ranch in west Texas with a couple other guys.
They have damage on all 65k. The ranch hand has lived on the ranch for 35 years. He lost everything but a shotgun that T Boone gave him.
He's shot 100+ burnt deer just today and have lost 160 head of Cattle.
Man that sucks, been by there a few times. Was wondering about it but hadn't researched that exact place yet.