• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pre fit barrels vs gunshop barrel fitting

There is a big differences out there in what you get for pre-fit barrels from different makers. Like shooters all barrel makers are not made the same! Straight Armory in Evanston Wyoming puts out some of the finest pre-fit barrels you can buy!

Using blanks from Proof Research, Bartlein, Benchmark, Paradigm, Carbon Six (to mention a few) results in great shooting pre-fit barrels that shooters can count on. Check it out https://straightjacketarmory.com/product-category/pre-fit-barrels/

Get $50 OFF and FREE shipping on your order with Discount Code TL77

I’ve gone exclusively pre fit. So far I have had nothing but great luck. I use Shilen and Criterion barrels sourced through Northland shooters supply.
James does a great job on several prefits for me as well and they are all extremely accurate.

James does a great job on several prefits for me as well and they are all extremely accurate.
I’m also running proof prefit barrels for my defiance action. They are very accurate.

I run several proofs in prefit as well as shouldered and they are very accurate as well.

I don’t know why, but I’m having trouble finding a standard 6.5CM savage small shank barrel for my Archemedies that I have on order. This is my first pre-fit, so I think I’m just spinning my wheels looking around. I just thought it would be lot easier to find something in stock. Maybe have been a bit limiting in that I’m looking for a Benchmark, Krieger, Rock Creek, stuff I’ve had luck with before- and maybe those aren’t the most prevalent profits?

I don’t know why, but I’m having trouble finding a standard 6.5CM savage small shank barrel for my Archemedies that I have on order. This is my first pre-fit, so I think I’m just spinning my wheels looking around. I just thought it would be lot easier to find something in stock. Maybe have been a bit limiting in that I’m looking for a Benchmark, Krieger, Rock Creek, stuff I’ve had luck with before- and maybe those aren’t the most prevalent profits?
Northland shooting supply or PVA.

I’ve shot a bunch of NSS Shilens and they’re all been good.