• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pre/Post work out

BigDaddy0381

I see you too!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2010
    Georgia
    Re: Pre/Post work out

Im personally not huge into Pre workout drinks, (usually get the Shitzz) But have been considering trying MusclePharms Assault, I think if you are looking for a "Pre workout" supp, this would be better suited than the "MP Amino 1" which looks like ONLY a glorified sports drink, and looks like more of a Post, instead of a Pre drink.

Also there are many ways to boost energy before working out with real food. If your diet isnt in check, than your lifting will suffer, or, you might just see better gains than you are now, with a dialed in diet, and more energy (not saying your diet isnt dialed in, just my 2 cents
    smile.gif
    ..)

Also, Just get a good BCAA suppliment if you are worried about your Amino Acids, probably would be more beneficial than that Amino 1 drink.
    grin.gif

Also, Just get a good BCAA suppliment if you are worried about your Amino Acids, probably would be more beneficial than that Amino 1 drink. grin

Thanks eboggs This is what I'll do.

My diet today was
    430am egg scrambler 200 Cal/ 15g protein
    830am 2 cups grapes ?
    1130am low roasted turkey breast 200 cals / 17g protien
    230 greek yogurt 100 cal 10g protein
    530 chicken ranchero 220cals / 12g protein
    maybe a light snack around 8 (banana or fruit of some sort)

also 6 bottles of 16 ounces of water. BLAHHH
    16 ounch of team skips and almond milk.200cals with 26g protein and other calcium. i try to keep carbs to 15g to 20g a day or lower.

so i think I'm headed in the right direction. my goal it to rip up and tighten up things again and add mass but the mass would be a bi product. I'm just looking to take advantage of all the time in the gym 4 days a week (circuit training) and running/walking 5 days a week.

One thing i would HIGHLY suggest to integrate in your diet is VEGGIES!!!! I am not seeing any real beneficial Carbs in your diet, (No grains dont count ;))...I am personally a Paleo-Zone eater and before that, My diet looked quite like yours, MEAT, I would eat almost 3 pounds of meat a day. Now Im down to about a pound of meat a day with good amounts of Veggies (Broccoli, asparagus, squash, Brussels sprouts, less beneficial but still good > green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, you get the picture.

Adding these carbs will not hinder your goal of wanting to stay lean, but will in fact produce energy and help build muscle along with a stable input of protein and eat HEALTHY Fats (another VERY important factor in muscle growth and sustainability.)

<span style="font-weight: bold">EDIT::</span>just saw where youre trying to keep <span style="font-weight: bold">carbs DOWN</span> DUDE! yes keep Any grains to a BARE MINIMUM I dont eat grains at all, they dont positively help your body at all (yes I can scientifically argue this
    grin.gif
    ) But YOU NEED GOOD CARBS TO BUILD MUSCLE TOO! to FUEL YOUR BODY from what you ask? VEGETABLES! I am telling you from first hand experience and training around people who KNOW what they are doing and are educated in. Hell, I eat more VEGGIES and carbs than I do meat and protein and I have seen a GREAT improvement in my ability to recover, get stronger and FASTER.

Also, you want Healthy FAT in your DIET, ie: Coconut oil/milk, Almond/Cashew Butter, Avocado's, Macadamia nuts, heck all nuts will do, (Not peanuts) etc.etc. I can get in more detail if you like. But Healthy Fats are essential in maintaining muscle (and no they arent like the Unhealthy FAT you gain from eating Crap.)

awesome, if you want to get more in detail feel free. I'm wanting to do this right.So far I have lost 13 (198 down to 185) pounds but my body has gotten bigger well all but my belly Its looking more and more tone as the week go by.I'm only 5feet 7inches so it shows pretty well. I have only been at it hard for about 3 1/2 weeks.I'm open for the best benefit/info to help me achieve my goals. The hard work/working is no problem and I'm willing to do that part its the other part I got to learn and have self motivation to train my self to do.

Well if you have any specific questions I will do my best to answer, but to give you an idea of a good squared away meal this is what I ate so far today:

Breakfast:
    3 eggs (protein)
    2 Cups Broccoli (this is much more than it seems..TRUST ME)
    1 Kiwi....Broccoli and kiwi are my CARBS (2/3 veggies 1/3 fruit)
    Two TBS Almond Butter, handfull of Cashews (FAT)

LUNCH:
    6oz. hamburger, 1/4lb. Bacon (Protein and Fat)
    1lb. Peas (Carb)
    1 cup Strawberries (Carb)
    Almond Butter, and Nuts (FAT

Like I said I follow the guidlines of the ZONE diet, with PALEO in mind, ZONE is good in the sense it shows you PORTIONS, and how much Protein you should be getting in combination with CARBS and FAT...Before this I neglected my Carbs and didnt do FAT at all,

Here is everything you need to know about the Zone, not saying DO IT (although it is awesome) but it shows you what foods are good for protein, carbs and fat. and portions.

http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/cfjissue21_May04.pdf

I have taken several different pre-workouts over the years. NOxplode didnt do anything for me, Hemo Rage Black worked great but you have to cycle off it after a couple of months, have heard that they are taking it off the market, not sure why but I can still get it for now. Muscle Marinade didnt do anything except give me extreme cotton mouth no matter how much water I drank. Recently tried Muscle Pharm and it didnt do anything either. As far as meal replacement drinks go i've had good results with Muscle Milk and Syntha 6.

I just switched to ON Amino Energy + Creatine Pre-WO and USP Modern BCAA + Creatine Post-WO. So far happy with it.

One apple or banana for pre-workout and a protein shake for post-workout.

I eat a banana and take a Syntha 6 shake. After my workout I take Endurox R4 and in the evening I'll take another Syntha 6 shake.

I have settled on a ErgoPump for a pre work out and then the team skips 15 to 20 minutes after then no food until 9am. my work out start at 5am and end around 6 to 615. So far i have noticed less fat more muscle. I'm seeing a good part of my abb's and the rest is toning out also. I have kept my diet around 1200 to 1500 cals a day over 6 meals.I also only drink 8oz coffee and 5 bottles of water a day. So far so good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigdaddy0381</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have settled on a ErgoPump for a pre work out and then the team skips 15 to 20 minutes after then no food until 9am. my work out start at 5am and end around 6 to 615. So far i have noticed less fat more muscle. I'm seeing a good part of my abb's and the rest is toning out also. I have kept my diet around 1200 to 1500 cals a day over 6 meals.I also only drink 8oz coffee and 5 bottles of water a day. So far so good.</div></div>

1)What is the macro nutrient ratio of these calories?
    2)How big are you?

1500 calories is very little for any man unless you are skinny midget , most all of the women i train eat 1200-1500 cals a day

My PRE workout is 1.5 scoops of Superpump Max with added BCAA's. My POST workout includes a Syntha 6 protein shake with a scoop of creatine mono and BCAA's.

not gonna lie jack3d is pretty mean it works well... but they did stop selling it.. the other one which is actually a pre/post in the evolution x7.. seems to work pretty good

This is true that we should eat proper nutrition food before and after workout because we need energy to do workout. All these links are good and very useful. According to me we should eat less before workout. We can drink fruit juice before workout and after workout protein shake is good.

About two-hours prior: 40-60 grams slow-digesting carbohydrates and 50-60 grams of protein.

30-minutes prior: Anavite tablets for the beta-alanine.

15-minutes prior: Pre-workout of some sort, currently Hemo Rage Black. I prefer single-scoop serving supplements.

Immediately following workout: 30-40 grams protein powder.

Within one-hour: 60-80 grams slow-digesting carbohydrates, 60 grams of protein.

I’ve still got a tub of the original Jack3d. Man that stuff works too well its down right scary.
    shocked.gif

Jack3d is my all time favorite. I heard it had been pulled off the shelves.

Everyone responds differently to supplements, particularly the pre/intra workout ones. I've wasted alot of money in search for the perfect one and now I use 200-400 mg caffeine in pill form. I personally use an unflavored BCAA only when training in a fasted state. For the average gym-goer, if your nutrition is good, I don't believe the BCAA is necessary unless training fasted.