• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision ar15 build. What parts kit?

jmichael99

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
Any parts kit better than another?

the trigger i dont car about as i will be buying my own 2 stage trigger

if it helps i will be using it for target shooting, and maybe f-class at 600 yards..

i have a spikes lower

Re: Precision ar15 build. What parts kit?

Nope, really doesn't matter that much. Since you're saying precision, I'm saying Geisselle for that trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, really doesn't matter that much. Since you're saying precision, I'm saying Geisselle for that trigger. </div></div>

i would agree with the trigger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA-E for the win! </div></div>

explaint how a 2 stage trigger works. Im told i need one, but i dont "really" understand it fully

The trigger operates in two stages. The first stage is sort of like a small amount of slack that has to be taken up. The pull is relatively heavy. As you get through the first stage, you will feel a stop point. This is the second stage. The next movement of the trigger drops the hammer. The second stage is usually pretty light.

I don't know what you are referring to when you say a parts kit, but for the barrel I've had good luck with Krieger, BCM SS410 and Superior. For the trigger, the SSA-E wouldn't be my first choice for a precision rig. For F-Class, I think I'd opt for one of the Hi-Speed models. Fully adjustable and fast lock time.

I would go with one of the Hi-Speed models I like the DMR but the National Match is a little lighter I think.

I'm gonna run the JP lower parts kit (excluding trigger) and the JPaw oversize anti-walk pins.

I was referred this kit by someone who knows a thing or two about building/shooting accurate autoloaders.

I've used two different two-stage triggers.

The first was a Rock River Arms 2 stage which I hated. You had to pull the trigger and it would reset to 2nd stage. Then pull the trigger again.

Almost like a set trigger on old flintlocks best way I can describe it.

The other was my Jewell which was awesome. First stage was light until you met resistance, at which point it would go off. One trigger pull, not two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't need the fire control or grip then they are all the same.
</div></div>

^^+1^^

+1 for Geissele

Since you already have a spikes lower, why not use their LPK? I've used two and they're good to go. They're available without the fire control group if you search.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MM1776</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't need the fire control or grip then they are all the same.
</div></div>

^^+1^^

+1 for Geissele

Since you already have a spikes lower, why not use their LPK? I've used two and they're good to go. They're available without the fire control group if you search.</div></div>

i have a RRA parks kit but someone told me it was junk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i have a RRA parks kit but someone told me it was junk </div></div>

If all the parts are there and they all fit it isn't 'junk' no matter the brand name.