• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Firearms 6.5 Grendel

Buzz10

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
Crawford County Ohio
Precision Firearms just finished my Dads Grendel Upper.
Very impressed with the craftmanship and customer service of Mark and all of PF. PF was very helpful and a joy to work with. Without a doubt will be a return customer!!

Specs.
Neptune III Upper
Lilja 24" 1 in 8" twist barrel
Yankee Hill Todd Jarrett Forearm
Four Rail Gas Block
Les Baer Phosphated Bolt
Les Baer National Match Carrier-Chromed
Mil-Spec Charging Handle with Badger Ordnance Tactical Latch
PRI/MSTN Muzzle Break
Magpul PRS and Magpul Handle
S&W MP-15 Lower
Jard Trigger
ADI QD Mount
Vortext Viper PST 4-16 FFP MRAD

Duracoated Magpul FDE and Desert Warrior Tan

pic4.jpg

Pic3.jpg

pic5.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic1.jpg

Re: Precision Firearms 6.5 Grendel

Nice...look forward to hearing how it shoots.

beautifull, I am sure it will shoot as good as it looks. The 6.5 grendel should be a lot more popular round.

Precision Firearms has some nice factory loaded Grendel ammo. I was just getting 24" barrel velocities with their 123gr Moly Lapua Scenar loads last week out of my 16" Grendel.

2521fps average, no pressure signs. I was surprised, to say the least.

Looks great! I really like the darker stock/grip compared to the lighter body of the rifle. They make a good contrast. I had a Grendel and can say you will really enjoy the cartridge. Let us know how she shoots

Nice build! Soon I will be doing one as well. Also looking forward to the range report.

Jeff, its chambered in Grendel.
I've started load development and ran a ladder test at 300yds on Sunday. Right now it's seams to like between 28.3-28.6g of 8208 at 2.255 COL using 123 a-max with cci 450 primers. The 28.5 load I tested was at 2560fps for a 5 shot average.

I will post a pic when I get home from work.

Nice Rifle! I am a huge 6.5 Grendel fan. I am running mine in a match this month. Happy shooting!

Reactions: Nivium

Lapua Brass,(AA Headstamp) 8208 XBR. Finished up with a load of 28.7 ran the most consistent fps numbers and grouped up nice at 100. Average was 2566 fps. Did not see any obvious signs of pressure from what I understand although I feel more comfortable seeing pressure in Bolt guns over a gas gun.

First Target is a 4 shot group @ 100yds (shot 5 was a cold bore) 28.7g 8208 COL of 2.255.

IMG_0538.jpg

Second target same load 5 shot group to confirm.

IMG_0537.jpg

Nice group! Looks like you've got a great load and seating depth figured out for your rifle. Plan on stretching her out past 100 anytime soon?

I like your style.

I've found that mine really likes the 123 Amaxs over everything else I have tried. My velocities are a little lower but I'm running a 20 inch barrel.

Nice looking rig. The Grendel is a fun round to send down range. Hopefully with the SAAMI cert, more retailers will start stocking rounds.

I have put 120 Bergers, 123 AMax's, and 130 Scenars through mine with very little difference in accuracy. There were slight adjustments made for the 120 Bergers but they were minimal.

Running all rounds through a 24" Lothar barrel and have been very pleased. I am sure you will enjoy that build.

The more I read up on 8208 xbr the more I'm tempted to work up a load. Buzz10 I see that imr has a max load of 28.3 listed on their site. What was the temp like in Ohio when you shot that 28.7 load? I'm wondering if this powder would be stable enough for me to run near 28.3 in the Texas heat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff1383</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I read up on 8208 xbr the more I'm tempted to work up a load. Buzz10 I see that imr has a max load of 28.3 listed on their site. What was the temp like in Ohio when you shot that 28.7 load? I'm wondering if this powder would be stable enough for me to run near 28.3 in the Texas heat.</div></div>

The three days Ive shot the 28.7 it was in the mid 50s and low 60s. I'm alittle concerned with the high 80 temps we will get during the summers.

I'd use a level of caution if working up in Lapua brass and switching over to Hornaday. Back off at least a grain or so and work back up. That from an unfortunate experience that didn't damage anything, but got my attention, for certain. 28.7 looks a bit stiff.

Buzz 10 glad to see you likes your rifle I am having pf build me a 260

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff1383</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I read up on 8208 xbr the more I'm tempted to work up a load. Buzz10 I see that imr has a max load of 28.3 listed on their site. What was the temp like in Ohio when you shot that 28.7 load? I'm wondering if this powder would be stable enough for me to run near 28.3 in the Texas heat. </div></div>

8208 XBR is totally unaffected by temperature variations. Just like Varget or other "extreme" powders. Doesn't matter if it's 40 degrees, or 100...according to the mfg...

We've been running the 123 Amax's over 27 grains with good results. Haven't tried them any hotter- yet.