• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Series

Re: Precision Rifle Series

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of teams.

Anyone want to join Team Average? Team Surgeon and Team GAP can battle out for the first few slots.

Team Average is going to wooop ass mid field.

We will all be sponsored by Visa (our own)..... </div></div>

Heehee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of teams.

Anyone want to join Team Average? Team Surgeon and Team GAP can battle out for the first few slots.

Team Average is going to wooop ass mid field.

We will all be sponsored by Visa (our own)..... </div></div>

I don't really care what smack is talked about team a, b, or c... Norcal really brings it when i've seen them shoot. They always seem to do good.

Oh yea, Vu, don't forget the RO's only accept $100's this year for bribes and we won't be able to carry change with us.

I opened my PRS packet last night. Inside was my membership card, decal, patch, and a lot of documentation about the PRS. It was all very professional and obvious that a lot of time and work has gone into this. It really made me excited to be a part of this. I'd like to encourage those who can to lend their support to the PRS and come compete. I hope that those who are unable to participate will still be supportive of the series. I think this will be fun and good for the sport. Nothing is changing except for adding another aspect of competition for those who want to participate.

He'll yeah...pimpn!

IMG_20111118_174621.jpg

Very cool! Can't wait to get home from NC and hopefully my PRS packet will be waiting for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my sexitary ran off before i could get a few of you a membership card. i know who you are though </div></div>

Thats what you get for un-chaining her from the stove.

Got mine today!!

Very professional packet with plenty of info, card, sticker, receipts and a patch.

Great job and things are shaping up real nice!! Let the point gathering begin!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug@Blackhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at an event with 4-H shooters and they pledge allegiance to our flag and say a prayer before the start of their shooting event. I would like to propose that the PRS Series do the same. </div></div>

Of course it will be up to the Match Director, but I think a prayer of thanks for our freedom and many blessings along with a prayer asking for a safe match would be a great way to start any match.

I agree with supporting the flag and prayer, however I do not think it should be a "PRS decision". Let it be up to the individual match directors.

Im in support of the idea tho.

The country where the match is held should be displayed, but let's not alienate shooters from other countries with our pledge, leave praying up to indivuals.

The same reason the religion is a verboten topic on the 'hide is why I believe its best left up to the individual.
All I'm gonna say on the topic....

2011 Match results should now be public on the PRS site HERE , I will be maintaining a dedicated spot for all 2012 Match results, PRS and non PRS MATCHES. MD's just need to provide info to [email protected]
Then we will roll out PRS match results and Standings starting next weekend. Our goal is to have Match Results posted completely and accurately within minutes of the official results at each match.
NEWS features on NEW upcoming matches will be popping up this week. Stay tuned!!

Richard, thanks again for all the work your putting into this. Looking forward to this weekend.

When do we get to start betting on who is going to win the first PRS?

Mick

I'm with them fellows nice going Rich I think it is looking great.

Results page is a very nice added touch!! Nice easy reference guide to everything thats going on in the LR arena!!

Congrats to Patrick Morris for winning the first PRS match of the season!!

He is the first one to secure a spot for the Finale!!! Makes for a easy season for him now!!

Rich, that is F'n awesome. The PRS is going to be great for our sport. It will allow others that are unable to attend all the series match's to keep up with what is happening, who's winning and who's doing well. Keep up the good work.

Mick

Registration is now capped and full at 175 competitors.
I will be sorting out the remaining unpaid registrants and anybody unpaid by January 15th will lose there spot to the awaiting participants.

Entry to these matches is at a higher demand than ever before, match directors are expanding capacity as much as they can and I have tried to arrange that PRS members have a limited preference but there is only so much they can do.
We have expanded match events and are still considering other options.
Thanks all.

Oh ya, PRS is here to STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions??

Rich,
The recent Score High match had 150+ more entries than available slots...I sent my entry at 2 seconds after the US atomic clock time, and I am still #38 on the waiting list!!!

Hopefully that will show others with good range facilities how popular this sport is........and that hopefully will up the number of matches!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,
The recent Score High match had 150+ more entries than available slots...I sent my entry at 2 seconds after the US atomic clock time, and I am still #38 on the waiting list!!!

Hopefully that will show others with good range facilities how popular this sport is........and that hopefully will up the number of matches!</div></div>

Agreed +1...Last year participating in this match was relatively simple, but this year thanks to the PRS only a "few" get to play.

Sooo, I hope the PRS gets many more match opportunities!! Otherwise average Joes like me just sit on the side lines due to the immediate demand and desire to shoot in the new PRS matches.

Best of luck to the PRS, my shooting opportunities rely on it.

PS--48th on the waiting list for Score High match.

Thanks for listening...

-Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Agreed +1...Last year participating in this match was relatively simple, <span style="font-weight: bold">but this year thanks to the PRS only a "few" get to play.</span>

Sooo, I hope the PRS gets many more match opportunities!! <span style="font-weight: bold">Otherwise average Joes like me just sit on the side lines due to the immediate demand and desire to shoot in the new PRS matches.</span>

Thanks for listening...

-Mike</div></div>

If you look guys like Competition Dynamics are specifically reserving slots for "new shooters" and this was one of the concerns I had which I have relayed to Rich...

Exactly what is being done to bring in and promote new shooters, was my main question.... and if simply join is the response, what are they doing for the bottom 20% who cannot or will not compete on the circuit ? Because in my opinion the benefits are only for those who compete / complete the circuit ?

Where does the average joe stand ? Hopefully you'll see the SHC along with Competition Dynamics is moving to open the door to more new shooters and more shooters in general without a reserved place in line for the select few to stand behind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where does the average joe stand ? Hopefully you'll see the SHC along with Competition Dynamics is moving to open the door to more new shooters and more shooters in general without a reserved place in line for the select few to stand behind.</div></div>
Counting the SHC that we're doing with Frank, Competition Dynamics has no less than four major matches scheduled for 2012, ranging from known formats like the Steel Safari to more crazy stuff like the Sniper Adventure Challenge. You can read more about the decisions made about Steel Safari registration over in its thread.

Now back to the PRS...

I'm #68 on the Score High waiting list, and a member of PRS..... It's not just Average Joe's that have to wait there turn.... ;j

JMC2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed +1...Last year participating in this match was relatively simple, but this year thanks to the PRS only a "few" get to play.

Sooo, I hope the PRS gets many more match opportunities!! Otherwise average Joes like me just sit on the side lines due to the immediate demand and desire to shoot in the new PRS matches.

Thanks for listening...

-Mike </div></div>

I'm not sure a National level match is the place to be recruiting new shooters. I think a newbie, like myself, should be recruited through the monthly matches that are widely available. At the monthly match a newbie can get help from the more experienced shooters and the competition isn't so intense so it's a better place to learn and increase skill.

That said, I do think there is room for mid level matches, like a summer/winter bash. Matches that are a touch above a monthly match, but without all the overhead and headache (for the organizer) of a national level match.

I don't think the PRS alone can be credited for the increase in applicants for these matches. More people are hearing about the sport and want to participate.

I'm really excited about the PRS, it's turning out great.

Yeah, like Daytona is the place for new drivers to buy a car and try NASCAR...

Charley's match would have had a wait list 100+ deep without PRS, last year was relatively easy to get in because it was an unproven match. After the great AAR's people know it's a solid venue.

I swear, you could give people a brand new full custom rifle around here and they'd bitch about the color....

A new shooter is not necessarily a "newbie" it is someone who never competed in a National Level match, they are for people who "never shot <span style="text-decoration: underline">the</span> match before" .

remember, monthly matches don't add up to your points, I also spoke to Rich about this, that if a person "trains up" shooting 6 months of monthly matches it doesn't lend towards seniority in the PRS. He is still at the back of the line because he didn't dive in from the start.

How is it great when a paying member is #68 on the waiting list ? I am confused what benefit does someone who wants to compete locally get when the Circuit guys come in and take the slots, even for a bigger match. If a guy want to shoot New Mexico instead of Texas, and figures the one match he wants to shoot is Score High, there is no vehicle for that, he's not in the running and might as well try his luck.

I agree local matches are great, I have been hitting mine both for support and practice, but if there is no benefit beyond the personal why not take your chances?

I SWEAR, you guys are emotionally tied to something that only benefits the top 20... because you are looking at it like a team sport. We hitched our wagon to this concept so no matter what limitations it has, it is great. That is your mindset. And trust me, I spent an hour an half telling all this to Rich

There is a lot of emotion tied to the PRS, and I think matches in general. Competition can bring out the best and worst in people. I mean no disrespect to you Frank, I’m grateful for all that you have done for the sport and industry, I just disagree that the PRS is only benefiting the top 20, at a minimum it indirectly benefits everyone involved in the sport.

This thread sure gets intense quickly!

I joined to support the growth of the sport.
I'd be trying to enter and shooting the matches PRS or no PRS.

It has already sproute new matches where there weren't any before.

I know you believe everyone are emotionally invested sheep LL, but it's not always that way. At least someone is doing something other than status quo, and there has been more discussion and thought on the future of precision rifle comps in the past month or so than ever before.

If it flops, or I don't get from it what I'm looking for, I won't renew next year-but I'm giving it a shot because innovation doesn't cone from doing the same stuff over and over.

Ya, I wouldn't' know anything about innovation, this place wasn't one of the driving catalysts, as well the SH Matches didn't push the limits at all. You got me there.

I am not suggesting the Emperor has no clothes, only that he doesn't look as good in a Speedo as you guys make him out to be. And I frankly fail to see the big picture benefits when it is clearly exclusive in more ways then I care to list.

More matches isn't just a result of the PRS, its a result of a down economy where people see the profit in selling out a match to 60+ people in seconds. It's dollars and sense more than innovation and necessity. Take you guys for example, by jumping on the wagon like you have, the local AZ matches went from second or 3rd tier to closer to the top of the list. You get vocal, you get busy, and by being a PRS match you have more status then years previous, not a slag on you, I applaud the decision, but an observation. I have been doing this a long time, longer than most of you, SH has been hosting matches -- granted through RO for more than few years, however before I was full time down there I competed in my fair share of matches, some more than others who profess to being resident experts on the subject. I have close to 10 bigger matches under my belt, and none of them counting the ones I worked since 2004. These observations are not coming from a vacuum.

You can dismiss my observations, but I have seen this before, Sniper Paradise tried it with the International Rifleman's Challenge or whatever they called it. Same principle. This site has seen a lot of things come and go, this site pushed tactical matches to the point they are today. They sell out because of the vehicle I have provided, hate my opinion, but you can't deny the facts of the matter.

I respect your opinion, but sniping me because you don't like message isn't gonna change my opinion. If I do nothing else, I am pretty well versed at reading the wind, especially on here.

Frank, because I addressed you by name doesn't mean I was sniping at you or inferring anything derogatory. Point out anywhere I said what you do or have done isn't innovative, or where I was trying to make light of the influence SH has or has had...

Our local matches' success has absolutely nothing to do with PRS, they are the result of a small group of committed shooters trying to spread the precision rifle joy around for the past 8 years. TPRC has been a successful national level match because shooters have brought the best of what they've experienced across the country home, and work hard year to year to make it better. Again, nothing to fo with PRS, but it is flattering that many top shooters have claimed our match to be as good as any out there.

I'm pretty sure that it is a dollar and cents issue...