• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Precision Rifle Solutions - SSP1 Upgrade cradle

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    A small taste of things to come from Precision Rifle Solutions.

As always, Platypus & co have been busy on the sidelines working away to get their lightweight tripod and cradle systems out to the masses.

I received a box in the mail from my mate a short while ago with the new upgraded SSP1 cradle to go with the AICS AX front end rail system... The SSP2 is designed for the wider styled front ends (McMillan A5), so the swtich makes a big difference in terms of lateral stability with recoil and shooting from strange angles.

As far as I know this is still in the works but on this version the updated features include two 550lb paracord loops (one on either side) to be used for dummy cording items, attaching dope cards, lashing the tripod to your pack etc and the bolted down picatinny rail section for attaching lasers / torchs and even those stupid bolt on skulls if that's your deal for a bit of bling.

There are more high tech, ultra heavy duty, hugely expensive items out there on the market as usual but in all honesty the PRS kit is good to go for the majority of tasks where you'll be with your rifle in a fairly dynamic environment and have a huge amount of shit to lug a long way.

If you have any questions, shoot Platypus a PM or visit their site directly and ask there: http://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/

J

Re: Precision Rifle Solutions - SSP1 Upgrade cradle

I have used my PRS Tripod exclusively ever since I used Sean Little's. I like it alot. I don't even use a bipod any more!

96C

Yes indeed, nice pictures. I really like the B&W. Yeah the loops where added after a buddy lost his cradle hunting hogs crawling through the brush it got knocked loose form the tripod. The added advantage of the loops is that you can lash items over the top of the cradle, for example a set of binos or a LRF. The rail section is something we will hopefully be able to offer as an option soon. 96C and Macman2564 thank you for your kind words and support.
    I have a set of Microsoft printable templates that can be used to check the fit of a stock against the two sizes of cradles. If you would like to see how the PRS cradles fit on your rifle shoot me an email and I will get them headed your way.

Loves his prs cradle.stone simple and gtg

Another vote for a great product- I've also retired my bipod since picking up a PRS.

Good additions for the cradle.

Hello Danel

Do you have any more photos like the one you used here I would like to make a drawing?

Love the bypoid too.

you can email me back a [email protected]

nice I might have to upgrade mine .I have 4 of them
    wink.gif