• New Site Changes

View thread We just went through a pretty major site upgrade, so if you see any issues feel free to post them here

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

Vivacious Stallion

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    The Streets of USA, Baby
    Hi everybody! I'm Gabriel.

My current baby is a customized Sako TRG-21/22 in .308 (my 21 is a last of production model that not so strangely came with several TRG-22 features, the barrel is stamped 21 but is threaded, the forestock is a 22, and it came with the picatinny rail like a 22).

I've added an AWC Hyper-dyne II muzzle break, added two anschutz to picatinny rail adapters to the bottom rail - one for my BD strap, the other for the custom picatinny to Arca-Swiss tripod mount I designed & built), I custom sculpted the grip to perfectly fit my fingers, added a digicamo finish, designed/built a carbon-fiber rail cheek riser, and topped it off this past week with an ATN X-Sight 4k Pro 5x20 with Advanced Ballistics Laser range finder (ABL-1500).

I'm eventually going to add a .223 Tikka (probably the T3 Tac A1) to have a lighter caliber tac driver - the TRG with scope and bipod is a heavy beast.

Looking forward to being a helpful/productive member of this community!

Cheers everyone!
    I love how that thing looks with the camo!

Reactions: GabChayton

Jakeweb09

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 27, 2020
    7 Saum built by Rbros on a Stiller predator action, 26” proof sendero, Mesa precision altitude stock, jewell trigger at 2lbs, Hawkins obendorf bdl, and a APA little bastard. 20 moa rail with Zeiss precision rings and a Zeiss v6 5-30x50. It’s an absolute tack driver at 9lbs 8oz scoped. I’ve taken it to 1530 yards so far with relative ease. Shoots the 180 Berger’s at 3010 FPS. C9364EDC-0D55-4E69-A6A2-C92A5C4068E5.jpeg

NiteQwill

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 26, 2012
    Uncle Sam's Bottom

From the ZCO thread.

Bigrederic

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 22, 2018
    SE Alaska
    Well I got super lucky and found a rare Manners folder for my Kimber Advanced Tactical 308. It gave me a detachable mags and mini chassis instead of the crap bedding that kimber did on the McMillan it came in.
    This rifle has been one of my favorites... it seems to be the rifle Inshoot more then anything else, and it keeps getting better. 20201208_142300.jpg20201205_225727.jpg20201205_225742.jpg

Undrgrndprdcts

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 15, 2017

Bigrederic

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jun 22, 2018
    SE Alaska
    Love that. Any updates on that suppressor?
    Oh man, I really like it the MG7. It is a bit louder then my Omega. It is still tolerable to shoot under cover at the range on a bolt gun. It is a bit loud on a AR, but I have not seen a can yet that I can say is amazing on a AR. I shoot them left handed so I get allot of port pop in the face regardless.

I have been intending to order a MGX in 8 or 9 baffle configuration to see how they do when they are about the same length as a Omega or a Nomad... I actually just got a Nomad in the other day, but it might be sold already so demoing it may not be a option.

I think the Rex Silentium offerings are some of the best deals out there right now. Again all I have shot with it is steel, I haven't shot any groups with it on paper. Maybe if the weather is half way decent once it gets light out today I will try that.

Reactions: Undrgrndprdcts

Ace1294

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 3, 2021
    Memphis
    Bergara HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor
    Talley 20 MOA base
    Vortex Pro Low Rings
    Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 EBR2C MRAD
    Bergara 6.5 break
    Harris 6-9 Swivel with podlock

I have 3 different loads that will shoot sub 1/2 MOA with her. Very well the most accurate weapon I have ever owned.View attachment 7445476View attachment 7445477
    Literally Just ordered this setup minus the Pro rings, went with the Vortex PMR mediums. Excited to get back into Long range, sold off my R700 .308 5 years ago due to a shoulder injury and missed it alot.

Reactions: rockchalk06

andrews1958

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2010
    Maine/Africa
    Two safe queens by Robert Gradous

These rifles were built by Robert Gradous a few years back. They have never been used except when Robert developed loads for each of them. Nothing but the best components with no money spared in building them.

One is a 6x47. Surgion action , Krieger barrel, McMillian stock, Jewel trigger, 8x80x56 illuminated March scope (shown with its earlier 10x60 March scope)and night force rings.. I paid Robert extra money to build this and the other rifle. Robert felt this was the most accurate rifle that he had ever built with its only down fall being it was a boring rifle to shoot since it was so accurate.

2nd one is a 260 with all of the same components except it has Sphur mounts and a 12x50 Schmidt and Bender scope.

I will be selling these in the near future as it a shame that they just sit in my safe and are not being used and I am getting to old to carry these around. I am more of a collector of fine expensive rifles and not a shooter or hunter. These are definitely a piece of art completed by my late friend Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_1073.JPG
      IMG_1073.JPG
      87.1 KB · Views: 72
    Last edited:

viking78

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 6, 2011
    FINLAND
    Sick as hell! Love Tikka builds have several myself, all hunting guns though. What scope mounts are those?
    Thank you :)
    Tikka is so easy to build, factory barrels are accuracy, i dont mind if they are a bit slower than cut rifled, once you shoot factory barrel out of order, you can swap custom one.
    Scopes i use are Zero Compromise Optic.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 29, 2008
    Montana
    Thank you :)
    Tikka is so easy to build, factory barrels are accuracy, i dont mind if they are a bit slower than cut rifled, once you shoot factory barrel out of order, you can swap custom one.
    Scopes i use are Zero Compromise Optic.
    Yes zco are great but what mounts are they in?

Reactions: viking78

stello1001

Professional Newb
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX

Anonymoose

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 7, 2020
    USA
    PSX_20210113_155704.jpg

Picked up this Bergara BMP yesterday.
    1. Bergara BMP 6.5 CM (so cliche)
    2. Burris Signature HD 5-25x50 w/6.5 CM reticle (not a Vortex, what?!)
    3. Leupold 20MOA rail
    4. Burris Xtreme rings (medium)
    5. Ergo 0 angle grip
    6. UTG Big Bore bipod pictured. Not sure I'll use the big daddy on this little guy but it sure is stable!
    Will add a muzzle brake and TT trigger. Stock trigger isn't terrible by any means but there is a tiny amount of creep and it could be lighter.

First shoot this Friday then I'll be throwing copious amounts of money at a reloading setup.