• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

More Manners Arctic camo, got the NRLH rifle dialed in today, 15.75-ish lbs, slinging factory Prime 6.5cm 144 smks at 2675, lololol
1620521079504.png

:(
You hurt my feelings!

It’s a ARC Nucleus in a modified XLR element with a barrel I chambered in 338 edge
Ha ha ha, throw some details in with the pic next time! It looked like one but I couldn't make out the bolt to tell. It's a nice setup. 338 Edge is a wicked caliber. I live an hour from Defensive Edge in Rathdrum, he does good work there.

Reactions: onethousandmeters
Been a long journey for this but I’m pleased with the turn out. Everything but trigger and stock acquired from hide members. Thanks for the help along the way. Haven’t got to get behind it yet so we’ll see how it does.
F1CABA90-DBB6-499F-B480-CFCC2F4F281F.jpeg

Factory r700 action
X-caliber 24” SS remage 6.5cm
Badger 20 moa scope base
Heathen brake
Seekins rings
Razor gen ii
TT special 2stage
Krg Bravo
El cheepo bipod for now
Barrel/stock cerakoted by a friend

I joined this community in the fall of 2020…this is my first rifle build.
  • Barreled action by Southern Precision Rifles (AKA Bugholes)
    • Defiance Deviant Tactical w/ 20 MOA integral rail
    • Bartlein HV barrel – 26” – 1:8 tw – chambered in 6.5CM
  • Area 419 Hellfire muzzle brake
  • TriggerTech Diamond trigger (single stage, flat straight)
  • MPA BA Competition chassis (tungsten color)
  • Atlas CAL bipod w/ RRS BTC-Pro Clamp
  • Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 – EBR-7C (MRAD) w/ SV-3 throw lever
  • Vortex Precision Matched Rings – 34mm (1.10” height)
  • Tenebraex scope covers
s4ScAbg.jpg

New build...

IMG_0294.jpg

Bighorn TL3
Proof CF TL3 Prefit - 6.5 Creedmoor (Sendero profile - 24")
KRG Whiskey-3 Gen 6 w/Enclosed Forearm & KRG Arca Rail XL
Atlas CAL Bipod w/Area 419 Arca clamp
Area 419 Hellfire muzzle brake
Spuhr mount (0 MOA - 1.18" height)
Kahles K525i - SKMR4
Flatline Ops Halo-X scope level

Tuebor Legion
Rock Creek - 6mm Creedmoor MTU - 24"
Grayboe Ridgeback with Grayboe bottom metal
Huber Concepts trigger
Harris 6-9
Thunder Beast Ultra 9
ARC M10 rings
Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_105219297_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210410_105219297_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
Sorta look a Picasso... Cept you added a dog to the end of it!

Tuebor Legion
Huber Concepts trigger
Harris 6-9
Thunder Beast Ultra 9
ARC M10 rings

Tuebor Legion
Huber Concepts trigger
Harris 6-9
Thunder Beast Ultra 9
ARC M10 rings
LOVE this set-up! Thanks for sharing.

20210208_200518.jpg

Proof TAC II (Defiance Action)
Proof Carbon Stock
WTO SwitchLug
TT Diamond Single-Stage, Flat shoe
Badger M5 DBM
Proof Carbons in:
- 16.5" 22 Creedmoor (Sendero)
- 26" 6mm Creedmoor (Full Bull)
- 22" 7 SAW (Sendero)
Nightforce NX8 4-32 (not shown)
Nightforce Ultralite rings
TBAC Ultra 7
Tier One Carbon Bipod
*Coming soon: Cerakote barreled action in Desert Verde, nitride bolt.

Last edited:
View attachment 7622757
Proof TAC II (Defiance Action)
Proof Carbon Stock
WTO SwitchLug
TT Diamond Single-Stage, Flat shoe
Badger M5 DBM
Proof Carbons in:
- 16.5" 22 Creedmoor (Sendero)
- 26" 6mm Creedmoor (Full Bull)
- 22" 7 SAW (Sendero)
Nightforce NX8 4-32 (not shown)
Nightforce Ultralite rings
TBAC Ultra 7
Tier One Carbon Bipod
*Coming soon: Cerakote barreled action in Desert Verde, nitride bolt.
What kind of velocities you getting with the 7SAW? I just ordered a barrel yesterday and was torn between 20-22”.

16" barrel? I bought a 16" Tikka Tac A1 in .308 and I love it. Slight loss in velocity but its every bit as accurate as my longer barreled rifles. I love it. This is a very nice setup. What NOD setup are you running here?

16" barrel? I bought a 16" Tikka Tac A1 in .308 and I love it. Slight loss in velocity but its every bit as accurate as my longer barreled rifles. I love it. This is a very nice setup. What NOD setup are you running here?
Thank you,Sir. It’s a r700 Tactical 20” barrel. The PVS-27 is Illuminated by the RAPTAR ES Lite, although the 27 doesn’t really need much help.

I need to replace the (long) B25 with a shorter scope as the 27 sits to close to the muzzle. I won’t fire rifle with the 27 before I do that.

^^^ That was my first thought, about muzzle blast! Needs a TBAC. Maybe a Kahles 3-18 or ZComp 4-20. Love those old square AICS chassis shoulda kept mine.

Thank you,Sir. It’s a r700 Tactical 20” barrel. The PVS-27 is Illuminated by the RAPTAR ES Lite, although the 27 doesn’t really need much help.

I need to replace the (long) B25 with a shorter scope as the 27 sits to close to the muzzle. I won’t fire rifle with the 27 before I do that.
Nice. Not a budget setup by any means there! I wouldn't shoot it with that piece of gear that close to the muzzle either! I love compact bolt guns. Iv'e got a Tikka CTR 20" 6.5. It's a fantastic setup.

Not a damn thing wrong with that setup. Barrel length? Caliber? Is that a 5R gen 2 barreled action?

It's a standard SPS I picked up used in .223 with a 16.5" barrel. Came in the Hogue stock. Too bad the stock wasn't the kind with the bedding block, or free floated, because I LOVE the feel of those Hogue stocks. Came with the brake, and Picatinny installed. Good surprise was I also discovered it has a very nice Trigger Tech single stage trigger on it. Feels like the best trigger I've ever owned.

How do you like that Primary Arms scope?

Great so far (bought based on reviews) however I've only had it out of the box for like 18 hrs, and haven't touched off a round with it yet, so.... I guess we'll find out next week sometime if I can ever get to the range.

Thank you!

I do 300 yards @ that same range on Saturday's after 5 pm starting in June. I'd have to drive a few hours for anything much longer then that unfortunately. There is one range left on Long Island that does 400 yards, but it's private and you need to be invited.

Gorgeous rifles! You ever get all those amazing rifles out passed 200 yards? They deserve it. Man you have some nice shit.

Thank you!

I do 300 yards @ that same range on Saturday's after 5 pm starting in June. I'd have to drive a few hours for anything much longer then that unfortunately. There is one range left on Long Island that does 400 yards, but it's private and you need to be invited.
Show up with knee pads to the first invite and let them know you’d like to be invited back.

This would have to be the most simple but accurate rifle I have. It's chambered in 223 Ackley. LH Rem 700 squared up with a Sako extractor, bushed firing pin hole and threaded for a knob. Rifle Basix trigger, 25" IBI 7 twist barrel, little brake I made, KRG Bravo converted to LH, Sightron 5-20 FFP.

ADI brass, 80gr Custom Comp, 25.2gr 2206H (H4895), BR4 primer- 2940 FPS.
1621155262489.png

1621155562303.png

The video is a 500m KYL rack at 500m last weekend. The right plate is .5 MOA (2 1/2"). The stage was 2 minutes, fire 5 rounds, get up and grab another 5 and repeat. Missed the little plate first time, pretty happy with 9/10 though! This one's a keeper.

I'd have to find someone who's already a member and work them over for an invite :)

Not running in that crowd and the search is going to be tough.

Maybe a ride to SheepDog Warrior is in order, never been there...

Just checked it's a 3 hour drive :(

Maybe something closer in PA

Show up with knee pads to the first invite and let them know you’d like to be invited back.

I got this rifle from the gunsmith a couple of weeks ago and broke in the barrel this last weekend.

Origin action
Krieger 26" barrel, 224 Valkyrie 6.5 RH twist.
KRG W-3 Chassis
Burris XTR Tactical Signature Rings set for 40 MOA. The base is 20 MOA. So I have a total cant of 60 MOA built in.
Vortex Gen II Razr 4.5-27X
Trigger Tech Diamond trigger.
Harris Bipod with Hawk Hill spiked feet (why get a new bipod when an old Harris works just fine?)

Normal protocol for the barrel break in was followed; fire one shot, clean, fire another and repeat.

Now for the embarrassing part. The groups were nothing to brag about. I only put 66 rounds through the rifle and realize that it still needs more time to break in. I would fire 2-3 rounds from a prone position and get them touching. Then I'd fire rounds 4 and 5 and they'd be half an inch or more from the first shots! Then I'd get up from the rifle and bang my head against wall.

After the pain in my forehead subsided, I'd try it again with similar results. Every time I'd get behind the rifle, in the back of my mind, I felt that something was wrong but couldn't figure it out. I had a similar feeling with an AR-15 with an RRA upper in the same caliber about a couple months earlier.

The range was set to close and I decided to pack things up and try again another day. When I took the photos I realized what was probably causing me problems! I had forgot to extend the butt stock on the chassis! My head moves quite a bit forward in the prone position and I needed to extend the butt stock about another 1 1/4 inches. The photos show the buttstock extended. It was shortened for both days of shooting!

I think that I did that with the gas gun with similar results but when shooting it out to 900 yards the results were impressive! I make it a habit to check and recheck everything during my pre-competition ritual and checking the LOP on an adjustable buttstock is something that I don't usually forget, except for when I zeroed the darn thing.

So give me a little encouragement here. Someone please tell me that with my LOP too short in the prone will cause me to have terrible groups. If you won't do that, at least tell me how nice my new rifle looks.

IMG-2786.jpg
IMG-2787.jpg
IMG-2788.jpg
IMG-2785.JPG

Took the GAP HRT out again today. Have about 75 rounds through it now... Breaking in nicely.

168 SMK, 43 Grains of Varget (old lot), CCI Primers from the 80's, Were my last batch of old stuff. Not a load worked up for this rifle.

My son James on the HRT
20210517_204913.jpg

100 Yard Tubes
20210517_210340.jpg

Plywood backer board which rips up the paper some
20210517_210531.jpg

My bad, HRT and CCI Primers... paper is torn up some from the plywood (5 rounds)
20210517_211833-crop.jpg

Minute of dime! Total of 75 rounds down the pipe.
20210517_211925.jpg