• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifles.....show em!!

53265424757_86e804edbe_h.jpg

Sitting at 600 yards yesterday getting some practice with a new rifle. Aero solus in a Cadex lite competition chassis, TT diamond 2 stage, cheap Arken that will be upgraded eventually. Terrible lighting to show off the OD green color.

Attachments

• SOLUS 2.jpg
    SOLUS 2.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 162
  • SOLUS.jpg
    SOLUS.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 170
You seem to have quite a lot of experience with KRG.
Would you recommend the KRG X-Ray as a decent hunting chassis?
I don't want any bare aluminium surfaces due to hunting in very cold temps.

Also, that is one sexy Tikka.
Thank you for the kind words :)
X-Ray is awesome chassis, i have had 2, and really like them alot.
Kind of a low budjet Whiskey, same ergonimics, but lighter and as in cold enviroment, no bare metal parts.
Higly recommended that for you.
What action do you have in your rifle?

New video is up on my freshly modded R700 5R .260 with the Aero Precision SOLUS Chassis, Zeiss LRP S3, and Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S 6.5mm suppressor.

Reactions: viking78
Do you use your precision rifle for hunting too?
I do, grouse hunt.
A bit heavy, but with a good sling is not a problems to carry this in your back.
Today i walked on the forest over 4 miles, and it was nice.
I shot one female black grouse, i had opportunity to take more, but i dont want to be a greedy, maybe more tomorrow.
IMG_20231021_092540_edit_59739959903355.jpg

Thank you for the kind words :)
X-Ray is awesome chassis, i have had 2, and really like them alot.
Kind of a low budjet Whiskey, same ergonimics, but lighter and as in cold enviroment, no bare metal parts.
Higly recommended that for you.
What action do you have in your rifle?
It's a Tikka T3X, currently sitting in an UPR stock, but I kinda mangled it when fitting a picatinny to the front.
Didn't know it was made from two halves bonded together, so drilling into it didn't go too well :rolleyes:

It's a Tikka T3X, currently sitting in an UPR stock, but I kinda mangled it when fitting a picatinny to the front.
Didn't know it was made from two halves bonded together, so drilling into it didn't go too well :rolleyes:
I have read quite nasty s..t of the UPR stocks on this forum.
One of my friend got 2 UPR stock, hi have had no issues, yet.
But time will tell.
Atlas picatinny fits nicely to UPR stock, i have mounted on to my friend.
Remove the sling studs, use M5 bolts to mount the picatinny rail.
This 4" Atlas rail has the flat area, that you can mount the other screw, first one goes on the first hole.
It has also QD sling cup on this rail.

IMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1207.jpeg
IMG_1210.jpeg
IMG_1209.jpeg
Geraci Accuracy .308
HS Precision stock.
Stolle Atlas short action.
HS Precision bottom metal.
Timney Trigger.
Kreiger 24” barrel, threaded muzzle.
11 flat spiral flutes on Ceracoated barrel.
Don Geraci is shown with the rifle.
I had this one built to raffle with the proceeds benefiting a very young cancer patient. The poker run did not materialize so I didn’t have a venue to work with.
It has since been sold locally.

IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2824.jpeg

.308 Win
Trued Remington Arms M24 SA
Proof Research M24 Contour, 26”
Manners T4A
Badger M5 DBM
TriggerTech Diamond
MIRS Rev B
Allen Engineering AE30

Machining/Contouring/Fluting by Black Canyon Customs / Denver, CO

Stock Paint by Custom Gun Coatings / Kansas City, MO

Custom 7mm-08 Left-hand
Defiance Deviant Hunter
Bartlein 4b with Hawkins brake
Christensen Carbon FFT Sporter stock pillar bedded
Tangent Theta Hunter 3-15x50
Sunnyhill SS bottom metal bedded
NF rings with bubble level cap
Custom “granite” pattern Cerakote
120 glass bead blasted all stainless components

8FFAAF07-26F1-457B-B114-D70DD7B3D832.jpeg
DAF9DC74-80FD-4E3B-97F9-BDC98375C9C5.jpeg

Defiance Tenacity Action Short Action (6.5cm)
Bartlien 26” MTU 1:8 (Billy Goat Machine)
Vortex Razor Gen 3 x6-36
Hell Fire Match
Trigger Tech Primary
XRS Chassis
SRS Weights
Sawtooth Arca Rail
Weibad cheek pad
22.2lbs dry

*first break in rounds for this new barrel were done with left over powder, bullets and cases. Shot 1/2 MOA. Thanks Pablo 🤙

IMG_0734.jpeg

IMG_0728.jpg
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-11-04 16:58:45.756618.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0712.png
    IMG_0712.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
Any chance we could get some specs/details on your Tikkas?
What do you like better between your custom Tikka builds vs that Sako M10?

Your Tikka builds are sweet, but dude that Sako is fckn next level cool! I think I'd honestly take the Sako M10 over anything else out there right now - including Cadex, and AI's AXMC, etc. That M10 is just so badass..!!

Any chance we could get some specs/details on your Tikkas?
What do you like better between your custom Tikka builds vs that Sako M10?

Your Tikka builds are sweet, but dude that Sako is fckn next level cool! I think I'd honestly take the Sako M10 over anything else out there right now - including Cadex, and AI's AXMC, etc. That M10 is just so badass..!!
Thanks man.
That is a Tikka T3 SS Varmint, factory rifle, just flutend and then cerakoted.
KRG Whiskey-3 gen6 chassis with Next Shot Precision Alpha gen2 forend.

M10 is sweet, but so f--g expensive, not for every one wallet.
It is nice, but is it 11K nice, i dont know, but for sure it is on a dream rifle list of mine too.
There are few things i dont like it, but overall it is solid as F.
That coyote color is the best on that, i dont like it black, and they have it in OD too, that´s not dumm looking either, but that coyote is the sweetest.
If i won in lotery, i will buy one with all the barrel options :D

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
M40A5 Started life as a .308 built by GAP.Spec build.Put 900 rounds through it,shot some PRS matches and started looking at 6.5,Decided to have it re barreled in 6.5 Creedmoor Krieger barrel
1 and 8 twist MTU contour.I have to break it in then load development

KEtnWw3.png

0NORkzu.png

jym2Dji.png

08Pgzmt.png
What brand is that NVG mount?

Reactions: rjl40
M40A5 Started life as a .308 built by GAP.Spec build.Put 900 rounds through it,shot some PRS matches and started looking at 6.5,Decided to have it re barreled in 6.5 Creedmoor Krieger barrel
1 and 8 twist MTU contour.I have to break it in then load development

KEtnWw3.png

0NORkzu.png

jym2Dji.png

08Pgzmt.png
And does the barrel contact it at all when firing?

View attachment 8257372View attachment 8257373View attachment 8257374View attachment 8257375Geraci Accuracy .308
HS Precision stock.
Stolle Atlas short action.
HS Precision bottom metal.
Timney Trigger.
Kreiger 24” barrel, threaded muzzle.
11 flat spiral flutes on Ceracoated barrel.
Don Geraci is shown with the rifle.
I had this one built to raffle with the proceeds benefiting a very young cancer patient. The poker run did not materialize so I didn’t have a venue to work with.
It has since been sold locally.

That photo of Don is great. He’s in the Benchrest Hall of Fame and when he stopped competing turned his skills to gunsmithing. His wry sense of humor is priceless.

New model MPA PMR pro in 6.5cm

ARC CDG action.
Matrix pro chassis.
Bix'nAndy trigger.
26" barrel, DN3 brake.
Razor 6-36 in MPA mount.

I'm pretty new to the bolt gun world (I've done exclusively gas gun matches the last 3 years)
I'm looking forward to shooting my first PRS match with this thing next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20231112_130503098_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231112_130503098_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
These are some of the loose scopes I have in one of the safes, I really need to work on getting more rifles so they'll have a home! Some interesting scopes in the photo are the 2 original Malcolm scopes at the bottom (these are from the 1870/80's and are my oldest optics) and the OPL M73B2 (top middle of the pic). And no, I'm not Flip, and those S&B's aren't for sale. Those specific scopes will be going on my clone rifles (M40A3/5/6, Mk11 Mod 1, M107 and M39 EMR) when those builds are done.

View attachment 8072627

I actually did just purchased a new rifle, it's a B&T APR308S. Pretty cool rifle and very rare, there's only about 8 of them in the country. Ridiculously long silencer, I just hope it works well. This one is mine (with the silencer on and off), I still need to do Form 4 paperwork on the silencer (barrel is 16", so no SBR paperwork):

View attachment 8072628
View attachment 8072633

Here's a photo from the internet showing what it looks like with the silencer removed:

bt_apr308-3.jpg

I bought the B&T APR308S because it's an interesting rifle and I think it will go well with the B&T SPR300 that I have sitting at my dealer waiting for tax stamps to be approved (2 stamp, SBR and silencer). This one is in .300BLK, whereas the one above is .308. Here's my B&T SPR300 at my local FFL:

View attachment 8072630
View attachment 8072631

I am moving one rifle out of the collection, a close friend made me an off I couldn't refuse. It's 1 of 3 Mk15 Mod 1's in private hands that actually has a legit McMillan M88 SASR PIP receiver and built to current Crane specs. Never thought I'd ever part with it, but here we are. I think this is going to be one of those that I'm going to regret in the future, but I know it's going to a great home.

View attachment 8072634
View attachment 8072635
View attachment 8072636

One final thing for this post. Last month the gun club I'm a member at had their very small annual gun show, and I was able to set up 2 tables to display some of my vintage and modern US sniper rifles. By small gun show, I mean like 4 people with displays and an FFL seling some pistols, lol. Besides the sniper rifles I also included some archaic firearms to show the lineage from 6 centuries ago and I brought in a few other items that tied everything together. I know that DMR’s aren't a true sniper rifle (literally a designated marksman rifle), but I wanted my USMC black stock M14 DMR there because I was just extremely proud of this build and I wanted people to see it! It felt right to include it in the display and I'm glad I brought it!

This is the first time I've ever done a display like this and this is the first public appearance for almost all of these firearms (I had a USMC display last year that included 3 or 4 of the guns that I brought again this year, everything else is new to display). This is a small portion of my collection, but these are some of my most important pieces of history. I talked to tons of people and I let everyone handle these rifles, look though the scopes, dry fire them and have their photos taken with their favorite ones! It's not everyday that someone can see these original rifles, especially being able to touch them and hold them! Normally guns like these are seen in museums behind a wall of glass and you're still standing a few feet away. Some of my rifles may have gotten a few new scratches or wear, but I didn't want them to gather dust sitting in a gunsafe forever, I wanted to share them with my community and educate people who were interested about our military's sniper history. This was a truly unique opportunity for everyone who attended the gun show!

I brought all sorts of amazing original sniper rifles, some of which are extremely historically significant like my Krag sniper rifle that was used in the Army tests in 1900 that paved the way for all of our military's sniper rifles (link to the article on my rifle at the end of this post, that's my rifle in the article)! Other items on display included an original handgonne from the 1370's, an original musket from the 1570's, 2 original USMC M40's, 2 original USMC Winchester M70's, an original IBA XM3 that my sniper platoon had in Fallujah, Iraq (I'm holding this war used USMC XM3 in the photos below), and other amazing firearms. So, tons of great stuff for people to enjoy! And of course people always want to know what guns like these are worth, some guy almost dropped one of my M40's due to shock when he asked me what that specific rifle was worth and I gave him a number, lol.

I wish I could show this stuff to you guys in person, photos don't do any of these guns justice! I'm just happy to have been able to share these pieces of history with people during this event!

screenshot_20230120_212837_gallery-jpg.8059889

screenshot_20230120_212826_gallery-jpg.8059890

screenshot_20230128_083744_gallery-jpg.8059891

screenshot_20230128_083753_gallery-jpg.8059892

screenshot_20230128_083812_gallery-jpg.8059893

screenshot_20230128_083818_gallery-jpg.8059894

screenshot_20230128_083826_gallery-jpg.8059895

screenshot_20230128_083831_gallery-jpg.8059897

Here's an article on the Krag sniper rifle I brought with me and put on display. Only 2 are still known to exist, my rifle and the one in the Springfield museum! This is where US sniping started, this is the beginning of it all. Without these Krag sniper rifles and the early Army trials, who knows when we would have developed sniper rifles and what configuration they would be in. This is a great article, please take a look if you're interested in early US sniping history!

https://www.americanrifleman.org/co...-rifle-the-telescopic-sighted-krag-jorgensen/

I guess since this post is already long enough, it wouldn't hurt to finish off with a few high resolution photos of my Krag sniper rifle. This is definitely a precision rifle, so it fits this thread, and it's probably the oldest "modern" precision rifle in this thread (magnifying optic, metallic cartridge)! This is my rifle, it's the rifle that's featured in the American Rifleman article linked above. My father took the below photos, the photos that are in the American Rifleman article were taken from the auction house where I acquired the rifle.

View attachment 8072638
View attachment 8072639
View attachment 8072641
View attachment 8072642
View attachment 8072643
View attachment 8072644
View attachment 8072645
View attachment 8072646
View attachment 8072647
View attachment 8072648
View attachment 8072649

That's the latest stuff from me, I hope you guys enjoyed seeing some of these rare rifles and scopes!
@USMCSGT0331 could you please pull the bolt out of the APR and snap a picture of the bolt outside of the receiver? It looks massive.. Im curious to see it outside of the action..

Recent completion
IMG_1560.jpeg

Zermatt Big Horn Origin - LH
(Added bolt extension - not pictured)
Proof 22” CF - 6.5 PRC
AG Comp CF Hunter Adj Stock - LH
Macs Gunworks “no-time” brake
Hawkins Hunter DBM & Mag
TTech Special LH
Action Bedded
DBM Bedded
Seekins Rings